It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Two new great titles, Slay the Princess and Magical Drop VI, are coming soon to GOG! Let’s take a close look at what awaits us.

In Slay the Princess you're on a path in the woods, and at the end of that path is a cabin. And in the basement of that cabin is a Princess. You're here to slay her. If you don't, it will be the end of the world.[/i]

This awesome game is a choice-driven psychological horror visual novel/dating sim with dramatic branching, light RPG elements, and a beautiful, hand-penciled art.

Moreover, you can try it out yourself just now with the game’s DEMO available on GOG.

She will do everything in her power to stop you. She'll charm, and she'll lie, and she'll promise you the world, and if you let her, she'll kill you a dozen times over. You can't let that happen. Don't forget, the fate of the world rests on your shoulders.

Soon on GOG!
GOG.com: Coming soon: Slay the Princess and Magical Drop VI
That's some cool looking artwork:
Attachments:
I'm cautiously optimistic about Slay the Princess, but there are little to no reviews for this visual novel, and the themes of time loops and Cosmic horrors are overdone in video games these days.
I like the trailer of Slay the Princess. Wishlisted
Nice. Always good to see more arcade puzzlers on GOG. :) I have Magical Drop 2 (Arcade and SNES version) on my Switch and it's a pretty fun one. This looks more of the same in a new package.
If you've never heard of Magical Drop, it's a good puzzle game.
The series, I mean, I guess this one is fine too, but haven't played it yet.
Slay the Princess looks interesting.
Not a Slay the Spire sequel, still wishlisted, looks interesting. :)
The developer of Slay the Princess aims for summer/early fall, but nothing is set in stone yet. I'll try the demo in the meantime. :)
Post edited March 23, 2023 by NuffCatnip
park_84:
Thanks, I hadn't heard of it. Sounds interesting. That trailer is completely useless, unfortunately :(. It appears the Japanese developer went bankrupt and this one is developed by some Polish and French developers and publishers, although the franchise is owned by a Japanese company that bought the Data East catalog. Initially based on a Russian game it seems from a couple of interesting interviews (might want to search for Magical Drop on these pages).
Post edited March 23, 2023 by joveian
Slay the Princess looks interesting; however, I noticed these devs put S**** Achievements on their previous game, Scarlet Hollow, yet no Galaxy Achievements for the same game for their GOG customers.

So if that pattern continues, then it would be a dealbreaker.
Post edited March 23, 2023 by Ancient-Red-Dragon
Thanks for the releases!

I stumbled upon Slay the Princess a while ago and it seemed interesting, but I didn't think it would release here. Neat!

Magical Drop looks adorable. I love me some tarot themes. Wishlisted :)
high rated
Ancient-Red-Dragon: Slay the Princess looks interesting; however, I noticed these devs put S**** Achievements on their previous game, Scarlet Hollow, yet no Galaxy Achievements for the same game for their GOG customers.

Hi! Devs here — our games are made in ren'py which unfortunately doesn't work with Galaxy's API. We pestered the folks who make the engine over this, but were told in no uncertain terms that they weren't going to add that functionality.

For both Scarlet Hollow and Slay the Princess, we're hoping to add something in-game that'll let players off Steam still experience those achievements.

Anyways, apologies about that, we're as frustrated as you are, but I have no idea how I'd fix that on my own :\
Post edited March 24, 2023 by blacktabbygames
Loved the demo! This is going to be an instant purchase once the game releases here. :)
I'll definitely get their other game Scarlet Hollow today.

A question to the dev, will the gog and Steam versions drop simultaneously?

On a sidenote, I personally don't care about achievements. :)

Not really a fan of puzzle games, but the Magical Drop VI trailer looks charming, wishlisted as well.

Edit: Scarlet Hollow is amazing btw!
Post edited March 24, 2023 by NuffCatnip
blacktabbygames: Hi! Devs here — our games are made in ren'py which unfortunately doesn't work with Galaxy's API. We pestered the folks who make the engine over this, but were told in no uncertain terms that they weren't going to add that functionality.
Why is the demo filesize so large? It is almost the same size as the full version of Doki Doki Literature Club Plus.
Post edited March 24, 2023 by ryuken3k
Ancient-Red-Dragon: Slay the Princess looks interesting; however, I noticed these devs put S**** Achievements on their previous game, Scarlet Hollow, yet no Galaxy Achievements for the same game for their GOG customers.

blacktabbygames: Hi! Devs here — our games are made in ren'py which unfortunately doesn't work with Galaxy's API. We pestered the folks who make the engine over this, but were told in no uncertain terms that they weren't going to add that functionality.

For both Scarlet Hollow and Slay the Princess, we're hoping to add something in-game that'll let players off Steam still experience those achievements.

Anyways, apologies about that, we're as frustrated as you are, but I have no idea how I'd fix that on my own :\
Hi, I'd also be extremely interested in having the Galaxy achievements in your games on GOG. Lately I've been reading that developer kamti has also been looking for a solution to the problem for his game, which also uses ren'py, even throwing a small "bounty" to anyone who could help, but without success.

Inceton games is also looking for a solution to the problem and I believe is in contact with GOG support. I thought maybe you could all try to join the forces together with GOG support and see if something can be done, as the games developed with ren'py released on GOG seem to be more and more, and a shared solution would benefit everyone.

I also found this message on github where another developer seems to be speaking out on the issue, in case it might be helpful to you: https://github.com/renpy/renpy/issues/4309

Edit: I was just informed of another very interesting lead: the game Just Deserts was made with Ren'Py and has working Galaxy achievements. It contains a file named "RenpyGalaxy64.dll". I think you might try contacting Vifth Floor or Sekai Project to see if they can share the solution they found!

Thank you in any case!
Post edited March 24, 2023 by Alexim