It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Two new great titles, Slay the Princess and Magical Drop VI, are coming soon to GOG! Let’s take a close look at what awaits us.

In Slay the Princess you're on a path in the woods, and at the end of that path is a cabin. And in the basement of that cabin is a Princess. You're here to slay her. If you don't, it will be the end of the world.[/i]

This awesome game is a choice-driven psychological horror visual novel/dating sim with dramatic branching, light RPG elements, and a beautiful, hand-penciled art.

Moreover, you can try it out yourself just now with the game’s DEMO available on GOG.

She will do everything in her power to stop you. She'll charm, and she'll lie, and she'll promise you the world, and if you let her, she'll kill you a dozen times over. You can't let that happen. Don't forget, the fate of the world rests on your shoulders.

Soon on GOG!
Alexim: snip
Whoa, that's really helpful of you! Nice finds. I also had a look around but I couldn't find anything of real use, other than the GitHub ticket and kamti's threads. I wish I weren't so useless when it comes to this kind of coding, otherwise I'd love to help :(

Anyway, if interested, here are kamti's threads, where other users point to what would be required to get achievements working (mainly in thread 2):
thread 1
thread 2

I'm seriously surprised that no-one's bothered to make something that works with Galaxy all these years. Yet someone recently made one for Epic Online Services, go figure... =.=
high rated
blacktabbygames: Hi! Devs here — our games are made in ren'py which unfortunately doesn't work with Galaxy's API. We pestered the folks who make the engine over this, but were told in no uncertain terms that they weren't going to add that functionality.
ryuken3k: Why is the demo filesize so large? It is almost the same size as the full version of Doki Doki Literature Club Plus.
Most of the file size is from it being fully voice acted with over a thousand lines of dialogue. (Also some HD animations and hundreds of HD art assets, but the voice files are well over half of the disk space)
blacktabbygames: Hi! Devs here — our games are made in ren'py which unfortunately doesn't work with Galaxy's API. We pestered the folks who make the engine over this, but were told in no uncertain terms that they weren't going to add that functionality.

For both Scarlet Hollow and Slay the Princess, we're hoping to add something in-game that'll let players off Steam still experience those achievements.

Anyways, apologies about that, we're as frustrated as you are, but I have no idea how I'd fix that on my own :\
Alexim: Hi, I'd also be extremely interested in having the Galaxy achievements in your games on GOG. Lately I've been reading that developer kamti has also been looking for a solution to the problem for his game, which also uses ren'py, even throwing a small "bounty" to anyone who could help, but without success.

Inceton games is also looking for a solution to the problem and I believe is in contact with GOG support. I thought maybe you could all try to join the forces together with GOG support and see if something can be done, as the games developed with ren'py released on GOG seem to be more and more, and a shared solution would benefit everyone.

I also found this message on github where another developer seems to be speaking out on the issue, in case it might be helpful to you: https://github.com/renpy/renpy/issues/4309

Edit: I was just informed of another very interesting lead: the game Just Deserts was made with Ren'Py and has working Galaxy achievements. It contains a file named "RenpyGalaxy64.dll". I think you might try contacting Vifth Floor or Sekai Project to see if they can share the solution they found!

Thank you in any case!
Very interesting re: the edit! I'll look into it when we get back from PAX.

We've also spoken w/ GOG support about this (they're wonderful) but this is very much a ball that's in the engine's court.
NuffCatnip: Loved the demo! This is going to be an instant purchase once the game releases here. :)
I'll definitely get their other game Scarlet Hollow today.

A question to the dev, will the gog and Steam versions drop simultaneously?

On a sidenote, I personally don't care about achievements. :)

Edit: Scarlet Hollow is amazing btw!
Thank so you much! GOG, itch, and Steam will release on the same day, and as close to simultaneously as we can manage ^^
Post edited March 25, 2023 by blacktabbygames
Ancient-Red-Dragon: Slay the Princess looks interesting; however, I noticed these devs put S**** Achievements on their previous game, Scarlet Hollow, yet no Galaxy Achievements for the same game for their GOG customers.

So if that pattern continues, then it would be a dealbreaker.

For both Scarlet Hollow and Slay the Princess, we're hoping to add something in-game that'll let players off Steam still experience those achievements.

Anyways, apologies about that, we're as frustrated as you are, but I have no idea how I'd fix that on my own :\
That's the kind of honest answers I humbly expect from a developer.
Thank you very much for your work and honesty!
No joke, thank you for explaining!

The artwork team is really talented. :)
Good luck releasing your game here!
Post edited March 25, 2023 by .Keys
Thanks for responding to concerns and for making the situation clear, blacktabbygames.

I respect that you are sincerely doing your best to give the GOG versions of your games full feature parity.

And I also respect that you have communicated transparently with the community about why you've been having troubles with accomplishing that.

With a lot of other devs, they simply can't be bothered to make any efforts to give their GOG games feature parity, and/or to say anything to the community about why their GOG games do not have it. That lack of effort & caring, I do not respect.

But it's refreshing now to see that that isn't what's going on with blacktabbygames. Once again, much respect.
Post edited March 25, 2023 by Ancient-Red-Dragon

I don't care about the silly achievements , i'd like to receive a long time developer support for the game on Gog . ( patches )
Thanks for taking the time. :)

Hearing the game drops on every platform at the same time is reassuring.
Slay the Princess: Interesting premise, honest developers, support for Linux...I'm impressed! Wishlisted and hope the game is good :)
This reminds me we need ports of the Magical Drop games for PC.
blacktabbygames: Very interesting re: the edit! I'll look into it when we get back from PAX.

We've also spoken w/ GOG support about this (they're wonderful) but this is very much a ball that's in the engine's court.
Thank you, great! When you have any news, positive or negative, please let us know something here or in the Scarlet Hollow subforum.
blacktabbygames: Very interesting re: the edit! I'll look into it when we get back from PAX.

Alexim: Thank you, great! When you have any news, positive or negative, please let us know something here or in the Scarlet Hollow subforum.
Will do! I've just emailed the Just Deserts devs, so hopefully they'll be able to lend us a hand!
Just peeked at the announcements over at the Black Tabby Games Discord, developer of Slay the Princess.

According to them Slay the Princess will cost $17.99 USD on launch.
The release date seems to be October 20th.

I'm excited! :)