It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The time draws near to explore the classic adventure game in a new way! Cyan, the indie studio that created Myst is now reimagining this classic game. Built from the ground up to play in VR and flatscreen PC, with new art, sound, interactions, and even optional puzzle randomization.

To prepare you for this journey, we've decided to give you a set of discounts on the Myst series lasting on GOG.COM until 23rd September 2020, 6 PM UTC.

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG.COM account to join now!
But do the changes make it fun yet? Because isn't that what games are supposed to be?
high rated
Myst... again. Is this really needed? Why don't they remaster Riven for once?
I can't wait for VR versions. It will be much closer to being IN the Myst alternative universe.
ChrisGamer300: It would be nice if we could get 16k resolution support too !
That’s remake 23 in 2031.
Not a huge fan of either realMyst versions, especially the last one... so... I want it.
Would definitely like to see a realRiven version though.
I suppose Jeff Vogel has to raise the stakes at this rate, given the number of reimaginings of Exile out at this point.
mqstout: But do the changes make it fun yet? Because isn't that what games are supposed to be?
Would you like a ladder for your high horse?
RadonGOG: because none of these editions is suitable for the modern age.
TheMonkofDestiny: realMyst: Masterpiece Edition is exactly that.
Grargar: They are seriously taking the pist...
TheMonkofDestiny: If only Pyst were here.
Then like ToonStruck we could get reminded of how poorly the humor has aged. :p
michaliszorzos: Well, it's not that i don't like it... but i don't get it, this game already has 4 versions, did it really need a 5th one?

I would prefer a Myst VI...
RadonGOG: Yes, it does; because none of these editions is suitable for the modern age. That´s the problem, none of them is acually a good edition---maybe this time it´ll be.
RealMyst was great for the time; still managing to capture that ethereal atmosphere, but tech was moving at blazing speed.
michaliszorzos: Well, it's not that i don't like it... but i don't get it, this game already has 4 versions, did it really need a 5th one?

And what exactly would Myst VI do? The Myst Story like Mother 3 is basically done. The last two games in the series don't even take place during the time the protagonists of the previous ones are alive.
Post edited September 17, 2020 by Darvond
Oh... This is good news. Love this game. I will surely buy it.

Kinda agree, I love Myst but already own three different enhanced editions of it.

fisk0: Kinda agree, I love Myst but already own three different enhanced editions of it.
It more than likely has to do with bringing the game to a new generation of gamers. As well make it avaialbe on new consoles. Assuming that is planned. I dont know what engine it is being made in but I would guess U5. that way it can be simultaneously released on PS4 and 5.

Myst is the cash flow generator. It is a great game. No denying it. I expect it to get enhanced or remade for years to come. haha it is nice to see it being released on GOG. :)

I am more interested in Cyan's game Firmament. The previous versions of Myst suffice for me.
Post edited September 17, 2020 by greyhat
Darvond: Then like ToonStruck we could get reminded of how poorly the humor has aged. :p
It was poorly aged when the game released in '97.
pbaggers: I can't believe Myst is coming out again! I'm so excited!
Mafwek: Seriously?
No. I'm not serious.
Darvond: Then like ToonStruck we could get reminded of how poorly the humor has aged. :p
TheMonkofDestiny: It was poorly aged when the game released in '97.
Well, that's a refreshingly different take. Regale me your opinion.
Maybe I'll get this discounted after a couple of years when they rerelease this game again :D
Darvond: Well, that's a refreshingly different take. Regale me your opinion.
There's really nothing worth saying about Pyst that hasn't already been said by people who reviewed it then or retrospectively.

If you're wanting insight on Toonstruck to validate that edgy hot take of yours then surely you know where to look for that.
Never really understood the appeal of this one.