It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hello, Officer. Mega City needs your services. Are you ready to uphold the law?

Mega City Police is a retrowave skill-based action roguelike, all about tough cops fighting crime and keeping peace the old-fashioned way. And the best part? It is coming soon to GOG! You’ll be able to choose your cop and dive into hardcore action against enemies and bosses using a huge arsenal and special abilities that will define your playstyle. The law will make crime bleed.

Expect pixel art visual style inspired by the action movies and video games from the 80s and the 90s, high replayability, robust progression system, procedurally generated levels, unique tactical playstyle of each cop and of course tons of weapons and upgrades!

Make sure to wishlist it now, so you won’t miss its release or any special offer.
Robo... I mean Mega City Police to the forum...
GOG.com: Coming soon: Mega City Police
I'm not seeing any judges...
BreOl72: I'm not seeing any judges...
Shoot first, judge later... O.o
Great, more propaganda, the world was really lacking that.
i may be getting old, but what is retrowave in this context? AFAiK it a music genre, basically the same as Synthwave. The only other relevance to games is the game called Retrowave, but that is inspired by Outrun and is something completely different than this.
amok: i may be getting old, but what is retrowave in this context? AFAiK it a music genre, basically the same as Synthwave. The only other relevance to games is the game called Retrowave, but that is inspired by Outrun and is something completely different than this.
If I am not mistaken retrowave is now also a genre term for games set in or inspired heavily by the past sorta a replacement term for what vaperware was used for in gaming at one time.. its basically getting used as the past terminology that the retrofuturism term is used for retro futurist style atleast again if I am not mistaken on what retrowave is used for in gaming context
rjbuffchix: Great, more propaganda, the world was really lacking that.
How is this game propaganda?
Post edited April 06, 2023 by BanditKeith2
amok: i may be getting old, but what is retrowave in this context? AFAiK it a music genre, basically the same as Synthwave. The only other relevance to games is the game called Retrowave, but that is inspired by Outrun and is something completely different than this.
With regards to games I believe it's meant to be an aesthetic, with a lot of neon colors and a weird mix of the 80s and futuristic imagery, if that makes any sense. Maybe something like Far Cry: Blood Dragon would be an example.
amok: i may be getting old, but what is retrowave in this context?
mistycoven: With regards to games I believe it's meant to be an aesthetic, with a lot of neon colors and a weird mix of the 80s and futuristic imagery, if that makes any sense. Maybe something like Far Cry: Blood Dragon would be an example.
"Dying Light - Retrowave Bundle" would be another example.
https://www.gog.com/en/game/dying_light_retrowave_bundle

However, I agree with amok...this particular game isn't "neon-coloured" enough, to really fall under that moniker.
Attachments:
retrowave.jpg (193 Kb)
Heh, they "borrowed" the design :)

Looks neat. It's too bad I am not really into this kind of game.
This looks awesome.
Is the link to external sites something we should expect to become normal?

In particular the link to the developer's Discord?

I was happy with GOG's status as a storefront and not a social media platform.
Discord has become the main communication platform for developers, so that's not really a surprise.
Could be worse, they could have posted Twitter and Facebook links :)
I AM THE LAW!
Enebias: I AM THE LAW!
And the Law won...