It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

So you want to be a mage?

Mage's Initiation: Reign of the Elements is coming soon DRM-free.

D'arc may be a mage-in-training but above all he's a teenager. So after a decade of studies in the arcane arts, he leaps at the opportunity to go out there and show 'em what he's made of! Choose your element and venture into enchanted lands where glory and legendary creatures await in an adventure/RPG that will surely put fans of classic Sierra games under its spell.
Good to see Himalaya Studios here:)
Erpy: Congratulations on making it up here, guys. It seemed weird for a storefront so geared towards games of yesteryear not to have this one.

Tarhiel: :D
Good work then, if it´s true :)
I hope Himalaya Studios will also finish Roehm to ruin sequel long in making.
Erpy: You're confusing Himalaya Studios with Infamous Quests. The two are different groups.
It's Infamous Adventures, actually. :-)

But getting those two mixed up is kind of easy. They are both doing Kickstarted Sierra/QfG-style games now, and previously both have made their own remake of King's Quest III.

I guess the easiest way to separate them is that the other one released a remake of Space Quest 2, whereas the other one released a remake of Quest for Glory 2. :-P
Gonchi: I hereby humbly accept credit for this release on behalf of KSimms and myself.
Oh, I'm just making a silly joke that at best a handful of people with very good memory will get.

Erpy: Congratulations on making it up here, guys. It seemed weird for a storefront so geared towards games of yesteryear not to have this one.

You're confusing Himalaya Studios with Infamous Quests. The two are different groups.
PixelBoy: It's Infamous Adventures, actually. :-)

But getting those two mixed up is kind of easy. They are both doing Kickstarted Sierra/QfG-style games now, and previously both have made their own remake of King's Quest III.

I guess the easiest way to separate them is that the other one released a remake of Space Quest 2, whereas the other one released a remake of Quest for Glory 2. :-P
Ackchyually... Infamous Quests were Infamous Adventures, while Himalaya Studios were AGDi and Tierra. And if memory serves, Erpy used to be their forum admin.
Gonchi: Ackchyually... Infamous Quests were Infamous Adventures, while Himalaya Studios were AGDi and Tierra. And if memory serves, Erpy used to be their forum admin.
OK, so it seems.
I must have missed the name change from Adventures to Quests at some point.

Confusingly enough, Infamous Adventures is still on itch.io, as well as Infamous Quests, but both are separate and there's no links between them.
I will buy this GOG, as soon as you get Al Emmo and the Lost Dutchman's Mine from the same developers.

https://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/al_emmo_and_the_lost_dutchmans_mine
Post edited January 17, 2019 by GlorFindel
Gonchi: Oh, I'm just making a silly joke that at best a handful of people with very good memory will get.

PixelBoy: It's Infamous Adventures, actually. :-)

Gonchi: Ackchyually... Infamous Quests were Infamous Adventures, while Himalaya Studios were AGDi and Tierra. And if memory serves, Erpy used to be their forum admin.
Oh, so these are the AGDi and Tierra guys? Good, I wondered what happened to them, since there was no update on AGDi official site for some time.

Tarhiel: Damn, you´re right, I though they´re the same guys.
I still hope for the Infamous Quest 2 to be finished in a foreseeable future.
Erpy: I faintly recall hearing some time ago that Infamous Quests wouldn't be creating any future games after their last game failed to get enough sales.
I know what you mean, that is why I was so happy to see them here :( - if I recall correctly, officially, they said they won´t, but if you would peek into their forums, one of the devs actually said Roehm was fairly done at that point, and that was good year ago. I really hope they will finish at least this game.

You're confusing Himalaya Studios with Infamous Quests. The two are different groups.
Tarhiel: Damn, you´re right, I though they´re the same guys.
I still hope for the Infamous Quest 2 to be finished in a forseeable future.
yup i agree , the number of good old games coming to GOG and new good old games ( games that look like they were developed 20 years ago) is too low.... we need more , more good old games and new good old games should arrive, cause at present we have too many new games.

Anyway since we can forget about the good old games ever coming to GOG:( at least for the next 10 - -20 years that is): Red Alert 1 +2 + expansion, C&C,+ expansion , Tiberian Sun + expansion, Dune, Dune 2, Dune 2000, (and any old good game like it.), we might have at least 75% of all the games coming to GOG to be good old games, to make up for the games mentioned above which will never arrive.
Post edited January 17, 2019 by gamesfreak64
Tarhiel: Oh, so these are the AGDi and Tierra guys? Good, I wondered what happened to them, since there was no update on AGDi official site for some time.
Yes. Back in 2013 they ran a Kickstarter for Mage's Initiation and have been working on it since.

Tarhiel: I know what you mean, that is why I was so happy to see them here :( - if I recall correctly, officially, they said they won´t, but if you would peek into their forums, one of the devs actually said Roehm was fairly done at that point, and that was good year ago. I really hope they will finish at least this game.
As far as I know, they're still working on Roehm to Ruin and Fortress of Fire, slowly due to Steven Alexander's health problems. Supposedly a new beta was released recently of Roehm to Ruin and they were looking to get voice recording started around this and next month, but I'm not sure, I haven't followed development very closely. I backed the game on Kickstarter and I think I should have access to beta testing with my tier, but I haven't really wanted to bother Steven about it as I've been dealing with some personal issues of my own for a while.