It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

So you want to be a mage?

Mage's Initiation: Reign of the Elements is coming soon DRM-free.

D'arc may be a mage-in-training but above all he's a teenager. So after a decade of studies in the arcane arts, he leaps at the opportunity to go out there and show 'em what he's made of! Choose your element and venture into enchanted lands where glory and legendary creatures await in an adventure/RPG that will surely put fans of classic Sierra games under its spell.
GOG.com: So you want to be a mage?
yup, it depend ofcourse how classic like this rpg is.... if it is fpp its a no, if it is 3d its a no
if its real 2d then its a 99% yes :D

Will look for more videos .... becouse 10 to 30 second videos show nothing , and are impossible to get a good impression of the game.

edit found a demo video of the game demo (cant hear any speech, i hope the full game has some, even old games had speech)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BV0qiI2RLsU

Anyway... nice to see a an attempt to create a good old classic game, meanwhile it might be nice to get this old classic game here : Lost Chronicles of Zerzura ( from the team that made Black Mirror 2, cause the games are already here so why is thhis game not at GOG ( maybe too niche ?)

full walkthrough to show all of the game ....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZg17T21FAQ&feature=youtu.be&list=PL7qB-sxBsQDvFeon2bD34vbIG-fs5KF6V
Post edited January 17, 2019 by gamesfreak64
Man what a bummer. I got all excited for a new game in my favorite underdog genre and then... it's another teenage mage in a light-hearted cliche fantasy world. Ugh.
Perhaps I'm wrong, but I would think that people who like adventure/RPGs and "classic Sierra games" tend to be older. Puzzles me why funny teenage mage stories are perceived to be a perfect fit for the audience.
So now I'm torn between supporting the genre and passing because I totally hate the setting. Ugh.
Kickstarted this ages ago. Looking forward to its release!
Ashnak: Man what a bummer. I got all excited for a new game in my favorite underdog genre and then... it's another teenage mage in a light-hearted cliche fantasy world. Ugh.
Perhaps I'm wrong, but I would think that people who like adventure/RPGs and "classic Sierra games" tend to be older. Puzzles me why funny teenage mage stories are perceived to be a perfect fit for the audience.
So now I'm torn between supporting the genre and passing because I totally hate the setting. Ugh.
I tend to be older i guess, played lots of 'ancient' games and it depends on the listprice :D
if its too high well then .... likely no buy.

Anyway have to see what the demo video brings....
htown1980: Kickstarted this ages ago. Looking forward to its release!
happy to read its here, this way you can see what you kickstarted ... i hope you like the game, i'm still looking for more videos cause i need at least a few chapter playthroughs to decide.

As i mentioned earlier i would instabuy Zerzura , already have it at steam and it can run clientless ( if that word exists) after the game is installed by the client, so the game seems basically DRM free unless they added some after i bought it.

ouch: this screen lookf familiar ( tube videoscreenshot)

videoscreenshot.png

Hero-U: Rogue to Redemption thats the name i was looking for :D , i expected a diiferent game, more point and click,
instead its sneakly walking on the toes while the entire screen scrolls along like a platform or left to right scrolling action game, to me point and click are games that show another screen after you leave the current.... a few games do move the screen a little like Zerzura does but that is not annoying, other games scroll like a scroller.
Anyway if games look new and play like old its okay.
Attachments:
Post edited January 16, 2019 by gamesfreak64
htown1980: Kickstarted this ages ago. Looking forward to its release!
gamesfreak64: happy to read its here, this way you can see what you kickstarted ... i hope you like the game, i'm still looking for more videos cause i need at least a few chapter playthroughs to decide.

As i mentioned earlier i would instabuy Zerzura , already have it at steam and it can run clientless ( if that word exists) after the game is installed by the client, so the game seems basically DRM free unless they added some after i bought it.

videoscreenshot.png

Hero-U: Rogue to Redemption thats the name i was looking for :D , i expected a diiferent game, more point and click,
instead its sneakly walking on the toes while the entire screen scrolls along like a platform or left to right scrolling action game, to me point and click are games that show another screen after you leave the current.... a few games do move the screen a little like Zerzura does but that is not annoying, other games scroll like a scroller.
I kickedstarted Rogue to Redemption as well. Haven't given it a real shot yet. I was hoping it would be more like Quest for Glory but I will give it a go when I have some time - and am done with my latest run of Darkest Dungeon :)

Zerzura looks cool. Shame I don't use steam but if it ever comes to gog I will pick it up.
This game get my interest. Will wait for release and couple of reviews and than will see.
gamesfreak64: happy to read its here, this way you can see what you kickstarted ... i hope you like the game, i'm still looking for more videos cause i need at least a few chapter playthroughs to decide.

videoscreenshot.png

htown1980: I kickedstarted Rogue to Redemption as well. Haven't given it a real shot yet. I was hoping it would be more like Quest for Glory but I will give it a go when I have some time - and am done with my latest run of Darkest Dungeon :)

Zerzura looks cool. Shame I don't use steam but if it ever comes to gog I will pick it up.
Zerzura and more games like the HOG from artifex and Alawar are the only reason i started using Steam, cause its off by default and not ( never ever) allowed to run 24/7 so it never updates unless i start the client :D this way i know when it gets updated, otherwise it might be silently doing things i dont know when i am playing a game or browsing the internet, now i activate it and run it so i know what it does, after that its off again.

About Rogue to Redemption"
I also thought it would be more old style like the original with maybe high resolution but Rogue to Redemption
is too much, its just too modern , this Mage's Initiation: Reign of the Elements looks more like the old games, the demo is an AGS game , which is good, so far no real problems with AGS games, i hope they stuck with AGS and hope its not Unity, caus my experience with Unityy is negative.

i watched the kickstarter video and i have seen the guys before in videos :D seems i own 2 other games:

http://www.himalayastudios.com/alemmo.php
and http://www.himalayastudios.com/postcards.php

got them at Steam a long while ago.

Also have the 3 KQ remakes KQ1,2 and 3.
If the game stays like the demo i might buy it if the price is right : 14.99 to 15.99 is a price i would pay , and usually it gets a little of so 14.99 or so would be :D
Post edited January 16, 2019 by gamesfreak64
Incredible, wouldn´t have thought that this game will ever see the light of day... (was funded on Kickstarter in March13, in other words: near to six years ago!)
Wine-friendly or not?
I hereby humbly accept credit for this release on behalf of KSimms and myself.
Gonchi: I hereby humbly accept credit for this release on behalf of KSimms and myself.
:D
Good work then, if it´s true :)
I hope Himalaya Studios will also finish Roehm to ruin sequel long in making.
Congratulations on making it up here, guys. It seemed weird for a storefront so geared towards games of yesteryear not to have this one.

Gonchi: I hereby humbly accept credit for this release on behalf of KSimms and myself.
Tarhiel: :D
You're confusing Himalaya Studios with Infamous Quests. The two are different groups.
Erpy: Congratulations on making it up here, guys. It seemed weird for a storefront so geared towards games of yesteryear not to have this one.

Tarhiel: :D
Erpy: You're confusing Himalaya Studios with Infamous Quests. The two are different groups.
Damn, you´re right, I though they´re the same guys.
I still hope for the Infamous Quest 2 to be finished in a forseeable future.
Erpy: Congratulations on making it up here, guys. It seemed weird for a storefront so geared towards games of yesteryear not to have this one.

You're confusing Himalaya Studios with Infamous Quests. The two are different groups.
Tarhiel: Damn, you´re right, I though they´re the same guys.
I still hope for the Infamous Quest 2 to be finished in a forseeable future.
I faintly recall hearing some time ago that Infamous Quests wouldn't be creating any future games after their last game failed to get enough sales.
Post edited January 17, 2019 by Erpy