It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Brothers of the Watch, assemble!

Heroes of Hammerwatch is coming soon, DRM-free on GOG.com.

Set in the same pixelated fantasy universe as Hammerwatch, this is a rogue-lite action-adventure meant to be enjoyed both solo and with friends. Your hero's progress is persistent, so choose your class wisely among the 7 diverse ones available, and get ready for a real challenge with procedurally generated levels that will keep you guessing and secrets lurking around each corner.
Oh come one. It's not even funny anymore.
CharlesGrey: Clearly, it meets all the requirements of a solid GOG release. All it needs now are a few missing patches, but maybe we'll ( not ) get those after release. :P

Joking aside, the game actually looks pretty fun. But surely a handful of extra pixels wouldn't have hurt, especially for the characters.
You forgot about the $1 Humble Bundle tier on the Gog release day . :p
Well, Hammerwatch (gameplay wise) wasn't really my cup of tea, but this looks like it might be more to my liking.

This is more of a traditional Roguelike game, yes? Not a Enter the Gungeon style action Roguelike?
liamphoenix: Well, Hammerwatch (gameplay wise) wasn't really my cup of tea, but this looks like it might be more to my liking.

This is more of a traditional Roguelike game, yes? Not a Enter the Gungeon style action Roguelike?
It is being touted as a rogue-lite and it's clearly not turn based if you look at the gameplay video. Also there is the 'Persistant progression: Your heroes will retain the experience gained from a run, and will become more powerful as they level up', so I don't think adheres that closely to the rogue-like conventions.
Loved Hammerwatch will definitely get Heroes of Hammerwatch. Thank you Crackshell for another entry in the epic Hammerwatch, hack and slash, universe.

Edit: Thanks for the Linux version.
Post edited December 20, 2017 by Matruchus
fulano5321: With Age of Wonders III it said it would support Mac and Linux... it's been out 3 years now and GOG still hasn't gotten the Mac and Linux version, even though it is out on Steam. I hope the same thing isn't going to happen here...
I think with Age of Wonders III it was the developers who said that it was too much of a hassle for them to support two stores, so they just pulled support for Mac and GNU/Linux. I have no idea what it takes to release a build on GOG, but this sounds like BS to me. Especially now that the game is three years old, it's not like there is a new patch every month.
MightyPinecone: It is being touted as a rogue-lite and it's clearly not turn based if you look at the gameplay video. Also there is the 'Persistant progression: Your heroes will retain the experience gained from a run, and will become more powerful as they level up', so I don't think adheres that closely to the rogue-like conventions.
This^ It's why I bristle every time I read rogue-shite in the description, as wasted effort and over repetition is lazy shitty gameplay...I hope it's not going back to the same level over, and over, and over again I love the original one BTW, as that type of progression is much more interesting!
liamphoenix: Well, Hammerwatch (gameplay wise) wasn't really my cup of tea, but this looks like it might be more to my liking.

Looking at the gameplay video and beta trailer, everything besides the town where you buy upgrades and where you start the game from is identical to original Hammerwatch.

Here - closed beta trailer from youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5DF_EQcRYU
Post edited December 21, 2017 by Matruchus
I am a little concerned about the crosshair thingy. Will we be able to play this one console-style? I mean gamepads & local co-op. The wife and I had a blast with the original HW in our living room TV set, and although we both have laptops, we prefer couch co-op when playing together.
nightcraw1er.488: /.../ hundred costume dlc in the pipeline? Here's my £20 just waiting...
Yea, so that's not gonna happen.
Looks cute. Added to wish list. Can't wait for the release.