It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Field of Glory: Empires is coming soon, DRM-free.

Field of Glory: Empires is a grand strategy game in which you will have to move in an intricate and living tapestry of nations and tribes, each one with their distinctive culture.

Expand your dominion through wars of conquest and make your culture a beacon of light, but be careful though. The risk of Decadence is not trivial. Many civilizations have collapsed for not having seen in time the signs of impending crisis. The older your empire, the more challenges will lurk in the shadows. Just expanding your borders without carefully shaping your form of government and culture won’t be the wisest of strategies.
Ixamyakxim: What do you mean by "view only" ? You don't issue direct orders to your units? It looks like you do in the screenshots - like you assign movement / attack and such.

Or is it more "meta" and you just issue commands like "Defend, Attack, Flank, etc" ?
qwixter: From what I could tell, you could watch the battle only. I did not see an ability to direct or affect the battle.

Here is a screenshot of the battle:

https://images.gog.com/4f13418cd6fb76fcbd49a99a35cb3ce70f02450d572917ea3ee16ddadb035d2b.jpg

Notice the Arrow buttons for backward, play, and forward. The checkbox for continuous so you don't have to hit the play button for each troop.
Ah okay I feel better about that.

You probably just watched the "video" of the way a turn played out.

The game uses "WEGO" - which usually means you plot out the move of every unit, without seeing anything but the results of last turn. The computer is doing the same thing at the same time. Once you've entered every move and hit like "End" the battle plays out based on the selected choices of both players. So if you're just watching a video and saw that (the backward, play, etc arrows with no other player feedback), I'm guessing it was just the "playing out" phase.

Though I would really like a move certain answer from someone who has played and / or seen more of the game.
qwixter: From what I could tell, you could watch the battle only. I did not see an ability to direct or affect the battle.

Here is a screenshot of the battle:

https://images.gog.com/4f13418cd6fb76fcbd49a99a35cb3ce70f02450d572917ea3ee16ddadb035d2b.jpg

Notice the Arrow buttons for backward, play, and forward. The checkbox for continuous so you don't have to hit the play button for each troop.
Ixamyakxim: Ah okay I feel better about that.

You probably just watched the "video" of the way a turn played out.

The game uses "WEGO" - which usually means you plot out the move of every unit, without seeing anything but the results of last turn. The computer is doing the same thing at the same time. Once you've entered every move and hit like "End" the battle plays out based on the selected choices of both players. So if you're just watching a video and saw that (the backward, play, etc arrows with no other player feedback), I'm guessing it was just the "playing out" phase.

Though I would really like a move certain answer from someone who has played and / or seen more of the game.
Here is the dev answering questions about the combat on steam forum:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/1011390/discussions/0/1639789306562825875/#c1639789306562936478
Absolutely disgusting.
The tactical battles are only available if you own FOG2 where you have to import the battle save game, play the battle there, and then load it in this game.

It should be clearly stated since the screenshots show battles which are not available if you don't do the above.

Disgusting.

I will still get the game, but absolutely filthy way to trick buyers.
I took a look at the screenshots. Every one of them look like the in game UI from FOG:E. The tactical battles in Empires are more of a "face off 2 units and roll the dice." The FOG2 UI and tactical gameplay is much different from FOG:E.

This video explains it better.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJiYbq5oJwA
Post edited July 09, 2019 by book99