It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Field of Glory: Empires is coming soon, DRM-free.

Field of Glory: Empires is a grand strategy game in which you will have to move in an intricate and living tapestry of nations and tribes, each one with their distinctive culture.

Expand your dominion through wars of conquest and make your culture a beacon of light, but be careful though. The risk of Decadence is not trivial. Many civilizations have collapsed for not having seen in time the signs of impending crisis. The older your empire, the more challenges will lurk in the shadows. Just expanding your borders without carefully shaping your form of government and culture won’t be the wisest of strategies.
How do people feel this will compare to the EU series? I want to enjoy a Grand Strategy game, but the only one I have been able to is the banking one that came to GOG a few months ago. All the EU games I find myself getting lost in the weeds.
Very happy to see Ageod games finally coming to gog, even though it's perhaps mainly related to the Field of Glory series.
mqstout: How do people feel this will compare to the EU series?
I think it will be a bit difficult to compare, since it appears it's more a "Alea Jacta Est meets Field of Glory".
I've had a lot of problems getting into Ageod games in the past. Looks like they might have reworked/redesigned their UI for this game.
Are both battles and strategic map/phase in turn based?
trusteft: Are both battles and strategic map/phase in turn based?
Yes
trusteft: Are both battles and strategic map/phase in turn based?
David9855: Yes
Thank you.
I read the info that are allready availble and if if it's more then a nice facade...
then the game will contain most things i expected from Imperator Rome but didn't get...well at least without without waiting 5 years&buying 25 DLC's...
DF1871: I read the info that are allready availble and if if it's more then a nice facade...
then the game will contain most things i expected from Imperator Rome but didn't get...well at least without without waiting 5 years&buying 25 DLC's...
You can see it being streamed on Slitherines Twitch and there are a few lets plays up now on youtube if you want to see it in action.
Looks pretty cool to me actually - is this a standalone game not related to the other "Battle" games here?

It looks almost like a mix between Civ, EU / Rome / Etc and with a neat battle system tossed in.

Hopefully it's fun and playable too (sometimes I feel like my eyes glaze over with games like this when they get too "dense" if that makes sense).
I looked into this game a bit more last night. It is a standalone game. It's a WEGO turn based system. The tactical battles are view only, unless you own FoG 2. If you do own FoG 2, then you can export the battles you choose from FoG: E to FoG2. I watched one guy try to do it, and the let's just say the transition wasn't very smooth or seamless. Battle options are view, quick resolve, and export.

Each province appears to have 4 resources: Food, Infrastructure, Money, and Culture. You move population along these 4 categories to optimize how you see fit. Then you have buildings that can be built, which help those various categories and possibly others (kind of like city population in Civ).

Troop movement appears like in a Pdx grand strategy game with the game on pause. Troops look prepared to march, and an arrow is drawn showing path to destination. Then when you hit next turn troops move.

Turns are one year in length, and no seasons, although turns appear to have stages (I think I heard 6 from Das).

Pretty sure I will buy this from Slitherine direct since I have loyalty coupon with them.
Post edited July 04, 2019 by qwixter
qwixter: I looked into this game a bit more last night. It is a standalone game. It's a WEGO turn based system. The tactical battles are view only, unless you own FoG 2.
What do you mean by "view only" ? You don't issue direct orders to your units? It looks like you do in the screenshots - like you assign movement / attack and such.

Or is it more "meta" and you just issue commands like "Defend, Attack, Flank, etc" ?
qwixter: I looked into this game a bit more last night. It is a standalone game. It's a WEGO turn based system. The tactical battles are view only, unless you own FoG 2.
Ixamyakxim: What do you mean by "view only" ? You don't issue direct orders to your units? It looks like you do in the screenshots - like you assign movement / attack and such.

Or is it more "meta" and you just issue commands like "Defend, Attack, Flank, etc" ?
From what I could tell, you could watch the battle only. I did not see an ability to direct or affect the battle.

Here is a screenshot of the battle:

https://images.gog.com/4f13418cd6fb76fcbd49a99a35cb3ce70f02450d572917ea3ee16ddadb035d2b.jpg

Notice the Arrow buttons for backward, play, and forward. The checkbox for continuous so you don't have to hit the play button for each troop.
Post edited July 04, 2019 by qwixter
Strategy and turn-based sounds good, the graphics looks good and the system requirements are rather low. But it's Windows only. How sad! :/

It would have to be really cheap to make me risk it ...
Post edited July 04, 2019 by eiii
looks pretty nice