It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I'm clicking on sunshine, wooo-ooooh!

CHUCHEL is coming soon, DRM-free on GOG.com.
Ohh, what's that? Quick, let's click on it! Coming from the creators of Samorost and Botanicula, it's bound to unleash a pandemonium of zanny animations, wacky sound effects, and whimsical delights upon us. Just poke at everything that moves or looks like it might, while helping the perpetually aggravated Chuchel obtain one very elusive cherry. He really REALLY wants it, you guys.
Post edited November 29, 2017 by maladr0Id
MarkoH01: Which industry would that be if I might ask? Gaming industry? Not dead. Adventure games? Not dead ... maybe flash games but even they still are not dead.
callej90: Well it's dead to me if it weren't for the indie scene and GOG. And I mean the gaming industry obviously. You're mentioning genres.....
O.K. - if you really are saying gaming indutry is "dead" then we obviously have different definitions of "dead". If however you wanted to say sth. like "creatively dead - without new ideas or imagination" that would be a completely different thing.
amok: yes and yes.
Themken: This answer got me sidetracked into listening to Yes.
O that does it, off to my annual marathon Yes all-nighter 8D
callej90: Well it's dead to me if it weren't for the indie scene and GOG. And I mean the gaming industry obviously. You're mentioning genres.....
MarkoH01: O.K. - if you really are saying gaming indutry is "dead" then we obviously have different definitions of "dead". If however you wanted to say sth. like "creatively dead - without new ideas or imagination" that would be a completely different thing.
Whatever dude. All I want is to praise Amanita Design and similar developers for their work. They are worthy of my time and money, unlike certain other big corporations...
Nice, wishlisted!
I love their games. This trailer also reminded me of the Sierra Gobliiins games with their sense of silliness and nonsensical verbalizations. Can't wait!
MarkoH01: O.K. - if you really are saying gaming indutry is "dead" then we obviously have different definitions of "dead". If however you wanted to say sth. like "creatively dead - without new ideas or imagination" that would be a completely different thing.
callej90: Whatever dude. All I want is to praise Amanita Design and similar developers for their work. They are worthy of my time and money, unlike certain other big corporations...
I certainly thought the dustbunny game genre is dead, good thing to see it alive and kicking!

Just hoping the Chuchel plush toy won't be too realistic... *cough cough* (https://merch.amanita-design.net/).
i like these devs, all their games make me relax and smile. wishlisted
Looks cool! Why can't they release it for Linux though? Are they using Adobe Air mess again instead of normal tools? Botianicula came out for Linux, but it's using Adobe Air which is a mess.

Such developers who like ActionScript really should take a look at Haxe. It doesn't limit platforms and it's open source!
Post edited November 30, 2017 by shmerl
shmerl: Why can't they release it for Linux though?
They have recently upgraded the Windows version of Machinarium now using a custom engine and they've said they are working on the Mac version (which wasn't released yet AFAIK). MAYBE they are using the same engine for Chuchel too.

In any case: Chuchel listing Windows and MacOS definitely means no good news for you.
Sir_Kill_A_Lot: They have recently upgraded the Windows version of Machinarium now using a custom engine and they've said they are working on the Mac version (which wasn't released yet AFAIK). MAYBE they are using the same engine for Chuchel too.
I see. Then they didn't do a thorough job, but it's not a minor task of course.
Post edited November 30, 2017 by shmerl
low rated
I'm sorry, this is why I don't watch american animation, the quality of the work.... While I'm sure the game will be funny and entertaining I just can't see myself immersed in it because the of the animation, but that's just me, it's why I don't have 300+ games in my library. While I wish the designers all the best, I for one will pass.
Post edited November 30, 2017 by Dejavous
Dejavous: I'm sorry, this is why I don't watch american animation, the quality of the work.... While I'm sure the game will be funny and entertaining I just can't see myself immersed in it because the of the animation, but that's just me, it's why I don't have 300+ games in my library. While I wish the designers all the best, I for one will pass.
This is not American, the studio is Czech. It is the western style (i.e. not anime) of animation if that is what you mean.
low rated
Dejavous: I'm sorry, this is why I don't watch american animation, the quality of the work.... While I'm sure the game will be funny and entertaining I just can't see myself immersed in it because the of the animation, but that's just me, it's why I don't have 300+ games in my library. While I wish the designers all the best, I for one will pass.
Trademark: This is not American, the studio is Czech. It is the western style (i.e. not anime) of animation if that is what you mean.
I didn't say the studio was american, I just said I don't watch american animation because of it's poor quality, which this game is influenced by. If the animation looked like it took the artist any more time then 2 min I might look further.
I met Makiko Futaki (animator for Akira) while in japan it doesn't take a genious to see the difference between American animation and Anime that's like compairing coal to diamonds.
Trademark: This is not American, the studio is Czech. It is the western style (i.e. not anime) of animation if that is what you mean.
Dejavous: I didn't say the studio was american, I just said I don't watch american animation because of it's poor quality, which this game is influenced by. If the animation looked like it took the artist any more time then 2 min I might look further.
I met Makiko Futaki (animator for Akira) while in japan it doesn't take a genious to see the difference between American animation and Anime that's like compairing coal to diamonds.
cause 5000000000 japanese anime characters don't look the fucking same?
Dejavous: I didn't say the studio was american, I just said I don't watch american animation because of it's poor quality, which this game is influenced by. If the animation looked like it took the artist any more time then 2 min I might look further.
drealmer7: cause 5000000000 japanese anime characters don't look the fucking same?
1. No need for profanity
2. your right alot of the "japanene characters" look the same, but you know what they look 200x better then american "cartoons/animation"
3. name one american animation made in the year 2001 or greater that doesn't look like it was drawn by a 4 year old
(excluding pixar computer animation)
Post edited November 30, 2017 by Dejavous