It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

An immersive stealth FPS horror set in a wicked Wild West – Blood West is coming soon to GOG!

In this title, as a revenant desperado, you take on the twisted demons and eldritch horrors, while you search for the means to end the curse that has befallen the frontier, and maybe find some peace for your wicked soul. One quest after another, the spirits of the land will lead you towards even greater challenges. And whatever your path may be - things will get rough. For hell is empty and all the devils are here!

Explore and scavenge, build up your arsenal and gain powerful perks, hunt your enemies quietly or meet them guns blazing. Take back the frontier, gunslinger!

Blood West – soon on GOG!
While good looking, that trailer told me not much about the game other than its setting, but from the other material I've gleaned this does look like it's right up my alley. :)
ssling: Hard West, Weird West, Evil West, Blood West... is it some unspoken rule for naming games in such setting?
The first game I've played where the term Weird West was used is the card game Deadlands: Doomtown which was based on the Deadlands tabletop RPG. Not sure whether it's the true originator of such a setting, but this is the most prominent one I can think of. I'm actually surprised it took this long to actually filter into video game form... although Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare was the first video game that properly used aspects of it - sadly, not available on PC (will likely end up buying the re-released Switch iteration once it goes on sale).

Edit: Doh! Somehow missed this nugget. So definitely not something all that new.
Post edited November 17, 2023 by P-E-S
This is great news. More Hyperstrange on GOG is always a good thing to have.
The trailer for this is the most racist thing I've ever seen. It's literally says that while men are stupid greedy savages. Imagine it saying this about any other race of people. Greed and savagery exists among all cultures and races not just whites.
high rated
ReynardFox: Am I the only one who is sick of plixellated textures in 3D indie shooters? Why does no one use filtering anymore, or even give the option for such? This kind of hipster pixellation doesn't look retro or immersive, it looks distracting and anachronistic.
I really don't "get" that style at all. I have no idea what it's supposed to look like, what "vibe" it's going for. To me it's jus ugly and bland and very tiresome for the eyes.

Magmarock: The trailer for this is the most racist thing I've ever seen. It's literally says that while men are stupid greedy savages. Imagine it saying this about any other race of people. Greed and savagery exists among all cultures and races not just whites.
Look, I hate politcal correctness as much as anyone, but I really have no idea what other perspective you'd expect a native american in the wild west to have.
Post edited November 18, 2023 by Breja
ReynardFox: Am I the only one who is sick of plixellated textures in 3D indie shooters? Why does no one use filtering anymore, or even give the option for such? This kind of hipster pixellation doesn't look retro or immersive, it looks distracting and anachronistic.
YOU'RE NUTS! Pixel art is awesome. You like the Vaseline graphics?
Magmarock: The trailer for this is the most racist thing I've ever seen. It's literally says that while men are stupid greedy savages. Imagine it saying this about any other race of people. Greed and savagery exists among all cultures and races not just whites.
mate, you're only exposing yourself as a racist by making it clear you think there are different races.

we need to know nothing else.

Edit: and nothing else needs to be said.
Post edited November 18, 2023 by Sachys
Breja: Look, I hate politcal correctness as much as anyone, but I really have no idea what other perspective you'd expect a native american in the wild west to have.
I wouldn't call it political correctness as much as I would just call it white hate. Can't really say what the perspective of a native American from the 16th century would be. I'm not from the 1600s or am I native American. But I'd imagine that they probably wouldn't speak much English and their attitude towards whites would depends on their tribe's history with them. Remember Inadin tribes hated each other just as much as anyone else.
Sachys: mate, you're only exposing yourself as a racist by making it clear you think there are different races.
lol
Post edited November 18, 2023 by Magmarock
high rated
Breja: Look, I hate politcal correctness as much as anyone, but I really have no idea what other perspective you'd expect a native american in the wild west to have.
Magmarock: I wouldn't call it political correctness as much as I would just call it white hate. Can't really say what the perspective of a native American from the 16th century would be. I'm not from the 1600s or am I native American. But I'd imagine that they probably wouldn't speak much English and their attitude towards whites would depends on their tribe's history with them. Remember Inadin tribes hated each other just as much as anyone else.
For one thing, this is set in the 1800s. For another, while it's definitely true that conflicts and much hate between native tribes existed, and it was never some perfect paradise lost, white people still enacted numerous acts of wholesale slaughter, broken every treaty they ever made, taken all the land, and pretty much destroyed the entire native way of life. The idea of being upset about a native character having nothing but disdain for the whites is like being offended on behalf of the Germans for a jewish character in a game set during WW II calling Germans monsters and murderers rather than having a moderate, nuanced view.

Also, a character saying something, in a game or a movie or whatever else, is not tantamount to the game or movie or whatever else itself preaching that particular viewpoint. Some people today seem only able to treat fiction as vehicle for propaganda, their own or their enemies', but that's not how most sane people, creators and audiences both, treat fiction.

Finally, this game is obviously and deliberately pulp fiction, painted with broad strokes using tropes of the setting, not a serious exploration nor commentary on the complex history of the American West.
Post edited November 18, 2023 by Breja
Magmarock: I wouldn't call it political correctness as much as I would just call it white hate. Can't really say what the perspective of a native American from the 16th century would be. I'm not from the 1600s or am I native American. But I'd imagine that they probably wouldn't speak much English and their attitude towards whites would depends on their tribe's history with them. Remember Inadin tribes hated each other just as much as anyone else.
Breja: For one thing, this is set in the 1800s. For another, while it's definitely true that conflicts and much hate between native tribes existed, and it was never some perfect paradise lost, white people still enacted numerous acts of wholesale slaughter, broken every treaty they ever made, taken all the land, and pretty much destroyed the entire native way of life. The idea of being upset about a native character having nothing but disdain for the whites is like being offended on behalf of the Germans for a jewish character in a game set during WW II calling Germans monsters and murderers rather than having a moderate, nuanced view.

Also, a character saying something, in a game or a movie or whatever else, is not tantamount to the game or movie or whatever else itself preaching that particular viewpoint. Some people today seem only able to treat fiction as vehicle for propaganda, their own or their enemies', but that's not how most sane people, creators and audiences both, treat fiction.

Finally, this game is obviously and deliberately pulp fiction, painted with broad strokes using tropes of the setting, not a serious exploration nor commentary on the complex history of the American West.
I guess we'll know when it comes out.
ssling: Hard West, Weird West, Evil West, Blood West...
Go West :p
Post edited November 18, 2023 by I feel so tired
Already wishlisted this elsewhere but good to know it's being released.
Berzerk2k2: This is great news. More Hyperstrange on GOG is always a good thing to have.
Supplice next please.
Waganari: Supplice next please.
I agree with this. INCISION and 77p egg: Eggwife are hopefully also available in the near future.
So many westerns coming out these days; Evil West, Hard West, Weird West, and now Blood West. They are all disconnected, yet somehow fit an almost identical niche. Godda say that I didn't particularly enjoy the first couple, but this entry looks rather promising. Of course there are about a million more such entries, but these high profile releases make the setting stand out. Hopefully developers start being a bit more creative instead of this new formula of "[adjective] West".

At this point, GoG might as well bring in another gem from the past: Darkwatch. That was a nice little shooter.
Finally!!!!
Another indie less on my list, I would also like to see here Northen Journey :D
Post edited November 21, 2023 by KetobaK