It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Today 3 engaging platformers make a grand comeback on GOG, this time as a part of the Disney Classic Games Collection.
maddNeal: ...but is it really JUST that they've added the SNES version of Aladdin?
Mr.Mumbles: Jungle Book and its various versions weren't a part of that package before.
trusteft: I would consider buying this BS collection if it had the PC versions.
i know it is shocking, but some people actually did not have or even wanted the 16bit Nintendo and Sega consoles and instead preferred computers.
Mr.Mumbles: The console versions of these were actually superior.
If you grew up with the SNES or Sega versions of these games and they were not available in this bundle, instead the other ones were, would you not want the versions you played because possibly the others were superior?
Are you new to this nostalgia thing?

Mind you that doesn't mean I agree with you about the others being superior to the DOS version. It's irrelevant if one version was superior or not.
trusteft: I would consider buying this BS collection if it had the PC versions.
i know it is shocking, but some people actually did not have or even wanted the 16bit Nintendo and Sega consoles and instead preferred computers.

Mind you, I am not against this collection or other collections with console games.
BUT, give me the PC version of games that had PC versions.

When you do, I will buy it.
Having said that, DISNEY BRING SPLIT SECOND VELOCITY HERE!
Post edited January 15, 2022 by trusteft
Updated all games for 12 Euros. 4 Euros each for the new console versions is okay in my eyes.

So thanks for the 66% discount.

Hopefully Disney releases more of their old stuff. Especially their CAPCOM stuff.
Breja: Yeah, I'm sure that's great when you can afford to spend money on stuff you will never play, but I would prefer to be able to only buy what I actually want.

Also, GOG could still offer a bundle purchase of a set of games that are also being sold separately.
Sure, but in most cases those bundles cost less than individual games e.g. Shard of Spring cost $5,88 and Might&Magic 6-pack $9,79 so if every M&M game cost the same as SoS buiying two parts would cost me more than six!

Yes I agree that this: "GOG could still offer a bundle purchase of a set of games that are also being sold separately" would by the best option but I still like collections.
Edit: spelling errors.
Post edited January 15, 2022 by NewPyk
Crosmando: Did Disney ever make a Little Mermaid game?
Thy did, and I still have the box as well!

It was for Sega Mega Drive (Genesis in America).

It was... pretty bad. link
Post edited January 15, 2022 by Enebias
Enebias: Thy did, and I still have the box as well!

That's very faithful to the movie at least.

Strange, you'd think Ecco the Dolphin would have provided the perfect example of how to do it.
Post edited January 15, 2022 by Crosmando

Don't forget the NES one too!

You can clear it in under 20 minutes, it seems.
Post edited January 15, 2022 by Darvond
I do own old Aladdin and The Lion King collection + DosBox version of Jungle Book. Can't understand why the upgrade cost here 11.89€, but at steam the DLC cost 9,99€ + bundle discount -36%.
low rated
rjbuffchix: That one already is! Great game.

https://www.gog.com/game/maui_mallard_in_cold_shadow
DDDespair: Why is your post low-rated?
In other threads I have been critical of GOG, because DRM-free gaming is something I am passionate about and I view GOG as having slipped over the years in that sense. This attracted attention from a user/their bot, so now essentially any time I post I am downvoted.

Notably, this comment I made which was pro-GOG was not downvoted (at the time of me relating this information now, at least): https://www.gog.com/forum/general/discover_4_games_from_jast_683e4/post74 My other posts in that topic were also upvoted numerous times by users so I am not sure if this is just coincidence.

That said, my first comment in that thread reached "high rated" initially but then the downvote loser and his bot came along to get it back to neutral yesterday, and "low rated" today when I just looked now, so it could be they only like to downvote comments that are critical or perceived critical of GOG.

Reputation is as hollow and meaningless as the love some folks erroneously extend to corporations.
Anime-BlackWolf: Updated all games for 12 Euros. 4 Euros each for the new console versions is okay in my eyes.

So thanks for the 66% discount.

Hopefully Disney releases more of their old stuff. Especially their CAPCOM stuff.
Hopefully, this will be the case. Capcom is one of those almost extinct developers and/or publishers on GOG. For the vast catalogue of both console and PC games it's a waste that so many gems from the past like the early Resident Evil, the legendary Street Fighter 2 or Super Street Fighter 2 don't have a little corner here on GOG. Konami has already done the same here with some of its best classics. But I have to admit that Konami hasn't been the same company for a decade or maybe more. I'd love to see a Disney's Magical Quest, DuckTales: Remastered, Chip 'n Dale: Rescue Rangers, Bonkers, Goof Troop or some other video game that never saw the light of day in America and was only released for the Japanese market.
LiefLayer: Sorry but I already got the original release of Aladdin, Aladdin and Lion King release and finally the Jungle book original release (this on steam)... So no I'll not buy this one. 11.89€ (so basically 12€) to just add Jungle book to the collection in the new "engine" is too much, for less than 2-3€ I could do that but I will not pay 12€ for a rerelease that I already own twice.

PS. I paid 8.49€ for Disney Aladdin + 16.69€ for Disney Classic Games: Aladdin and The Lion King + 1.99€ for Jungle book.
27.17€ already way too much for those really old games.
Does your version include the SNES Aladdin game? Because it's not the same as the Sega Genesis game (to the point where they're completely different games, not different versions of the same game), and apparently the new release includes it (so there are really 4 distinct games in this collection).
LiefLayer: Sorry but I already got the original release of Aladdin, Aladdin and Lion King release and finally the Jungle book original release (this on steam)... So no I'll not buy this one. 11.89€ (so basically 12€) to just add Jungle book to the collection in the new "engine" is too much, for less than 2-3€ I could do that but I will not pay 12€ for a rerelease that I already own twice.

PS. I paid 8.49€ for Disney Aladdin + 16.69€ for Disney Classic Games: Aladdin and The Lion King + 1.99€ for Jungle book.
27.17€ already way too much for those really old games.
dtgreene: Does your version include the SNES Aladdin game? Because it's not the same as the Sega Genesis game (to the point where they're completely different games, not different versions of the same game), and apparently the new release includes it (so there are really 4 distinct games in this collection).
Honestly I don't really care (there are multiple versions of each game already inside the original collection: Demo version of Aladdin, original, final cut, japanease, gameboy + The lion king genesis, SNES, gameboy). SNES aladdin was never the reason I got the original game or the collection after that... I played the DOS box version back in the day based on the Sega Genesis and I wanted that version.

they could include 100 version of each game for all I care, they still ask for to much money for just the Jungle Book (the real missing piece), it should have been a free upgrade or a really cheap one.
Post edited January 16, 2022 by LiefLayer
ninjadodo: I don't understand why this wasn't simply a free update for the previous Disney Collection which I just bought very recently? (which now seems to be delisted)

I already own all these games separately on GOG. Do Disney expect us to re-buy this collection every time there's a new addition to it? Even with the 66% off discount for owning the other games that does not seem reasonable.

Was there anything in the 2 game Lion King / Aladdin collection that isn't also in this updated collection, alongside Jungle book?
Because why not charge the people interested more if possible?
The thing about it is they forgot to include the Master System games so now they'll end up having to release it a third time!
pferreira1983: The thing about it is they forgot to include the Master System games so now they'll end up having to release it a third time!
And the Game Boy Color game.