It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

With International Women’s Day in sight, it’s time to celebrate – celebrate femininity, the beauty of it, and everything it brings. We wouldn’t be where we are if not for incredible women around us, so we want to take the opportunity of this special day and show our appreciation!

We’re more than happy to launch our very own Female Protagonist Sale – where we aim to put a spotlight on games in which powerful women take reign and lead the storyline. The presence of female protagonists in video games has been a subject of debate for many years; while women make up nearly half of the gaming population, female representation in video games has historically been limited and often relegated to stereotypical or sexualized roles. However, recent years have seen a significant increase in the number of female protagonists in video games – which has had a positive impact on both players and the industry as a whole. If you haven’t already, you can now join all the brave heroines on their adventures to see what girls are really capable of – before our sale ends, on March 14th, 8 AM UTC!

Some of the titles you can find during this sale are:
Tomb Raider GOTY (-80%)
Beyond: Two Souls (-50%)
Ion Fury (-60%)
Dishonored 2 (-80%)
The Longest Journey (-60%)
Fight'N Rage (-68%)
Black Book (-60%)

Check out the most awesome heroines of the video games world – HERE!
high rated
This would have been a perfect pairing for new releases, such as:
Rise of the Tomb Raider
Shadow of the Tomb Raider
American McGee's Alice
Drakan: Order of the Flame
No One Lives Forever trilogy
etc
Post edited March 06, 2024 by SargonAelther
high rated
Couple amazing titles on sale, can't recommend games like Viscerafest, Nghtmare Reaper or Ion Fury enough. :)
Too bad the original Tomb Raider trilogy hasn't been discounted for a while now though.

Would have been neat to see new games release during this sale tbh, SargonAelther already mentioned a few of them.
I was almost worried whats happening, no news on GoG... Phew, u had me worried there for some minutes. No daily sale or news is like radio silence. Is it just me or they are posting news 1 hour later than they used to?
Well, considering how loosely termed and how broken the "Female Protagonist" tag is, this is gonna be good.
NuffCatnip: Too bad the original Tomb Raider trilogy hasn't been discounted for a while now though.
You can forget about those games. As long as they are pushing the remakes, the original TR trilogy won't see another sale.
Post edited March 06, 2024 by 00063
high rated
Very offensive to Elliot Page.
high rated
Swissy88: Very offensive to Elliot Page.
Why?

He transitioned, not the character Jodie Holmes

Jodie is still eligible for Female protagonist, we don't have to ret-con his entire back catalogue
Although it is not on this sale I recommend to check out Lollypop.
https://www.gog.com/en/game/lollypop

This game has really good pixel art.
high rated
Swissy88: Very offensive to Elliot Page.
I will try to explain this very slowely.

The character in the game IS NOT Elliot Page.
The character in the game IS Jodie Holmes

The real life actor Elliot Page is transgender male
The character in the game, Jodie Holmes, is cis female

Actors, when the play a role.... play a role. There are many male actors who have played female roles, and many female actors that have played male roles. The gender of an actor, be that male, female, cis or transgender, is NOT the same gender as the role they play.

Same as the person the actor is, is NOT the same as the person the actor plays as.

Neither Heath Ledger nor Jake Gyllenhaal have come out as gay, but the film in which they both played as gay men is praised as an important gay film. Becaus in that film they played the role as gay men.

This sale is NOT about the actors, it is about the roles they have played.
Post edited March 06, 2024 by amok
high rated
Another game worth checking out is Heroine's Quest: The Herald of Ragnarok

https://www.gog.com/en/game/heroines_quest_the_herald_of_ragnarok

It is free.

If you like to support the developers you can consider buying the Developer Appreciation Package

https://www.gog.com/en/game/heroines_quest_developer_appreciation_package
amok: This sale is NOT about the actors, it is about the roles they have played.
I don't know what this Elliot discussion is about, but out of curiosity, how would you explain Kitty Power's games in relation to the sales theme? Female Protagonist, he is not, by any stretch of the imagination. ;-)
Mori_Yuki: I don't know what this Elliot discussion is about, but out of curiosity, how would you explain Kitty Power's games in relation to the sales theme? Female Protagonist, he is not, by any stretch of the imagination. ;-)
It is a dating sim. You can choose to play as a woman or a man and date someone.
amok: This sale is NOT about the actors, it is about the roles they have played.
Mori_Yuki: I don't know what this Elliot discussion is about, but out of curiosity, how would you explain Kitty Power's games in relation to the sales theme? Female Protagonist, he is not, by any stretch of the imagination. ;-)
Its a transphobic dog whistle
Post edited March 06, 2024 by mechmouse
Elliot Pge is a transgender male actor, who played Jodie Holmes in Beyond Two Souls.

I do not know anything about Kitty Power, so cannot comment. If this is a role in the game that is potrayed as female, then yes it fits.

However, it may just as well gOg doing their ususal silly and random things.
Outrage! Gender! Twisted tail, a thousand eyes, trapped forever! EPA! EPA!