It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Our Spring Sale is slowly coming to an end, yet we still have some surprises in store for you. Until 16th April, 1 PM UTC, you can buy selected titles from Bethesda Softworks up to 67% off. It’s a perfect occasion to discover engaging titles like Dishonored - Definitive Edition (-60%), Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition (-50%), and Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus (-60%) that will bring you loads of fun!

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG account to join now!
MysterD: That's the thing w/ newer games - they often use proprietary stuff in each version; i.e. Steam has all its Steamworks stuff; and GOG has all of its Galaxy stuff.
It's not only with newer games, even older games get affected. It's the people which cry for shop-specific online features.

MysterD: This ain't the old days, when bringing a game to GOG and Steam was easy, as there wasn't GOG Features and GOG Steamworks features. Didn't have to worry about Fallout 1 on GOG or Steam, as things like Achievements weren't even a thing back then; and it's not like the game got updated on Steam w/ Achievements added either.
Achievements itself never have been a problem, online-achievements are the problem. The good old days when people had a life and did not need online-achievements to brag about...
GamezRanker: but one thing they seem to try to stick to is getting more complete versions of games
I cannot share that impression. To me it looks like they much more push for Galaxy support than for complete game editions. Too many games on GOG lack language and/or OS support.
Post edited April 13, 2021 by eiii
low rated
eiii: The good old days when people had a life and did not need online-achievements to brag about...
Or to get their dopamine fix....also well said.

eiii: I cannot share that impression. To me it looks like they much more push for Galaxy support than for complete game editions. Too many games on GOG lack language and/or OS support.
I meant they seem to push for such more than some other things(and course less than things like galaxy), and by complete I meant all/most SP content is usually in the package for a number of games.

(as for OS/language support: Yeah, such is sometimes lacking[more so for linux versions]. Of course, if the different OS/language versions are controlled by different parties then it's sadly up to them if they get released here)
Post edited April 13, 2021 by GamezRanker
I don't know how many of you watched this, but I think it says a lot about Bethesda, or should I say about their writers/designers/leadership... With Pagliarulo, Pely and Howard sharing their thoughts, this video pretty much sums up Bethesda's understanding and approach of Fallout. But somehow it goes far beyond that...
Fallout 3: Bad Karma
MysterD: That's the thing w/ newer games - they often use proprietary stuff in each version; i.e. Steam has all its Steamworks stuff; and GOG has all of its Galaxy stuff.
eiii: It's not only with newer games, even older games get affected. It's the people which cry for shop-specific online features.

MysterD: This ain't the old days, when bringing a game to GOG and Steam was easy, as there wasn't GOG Features and GOG Steamworks features. Didn't have to worry about Fallout 1 on GOG or Steam, as things like Achievements weren't even a thing back then; and it's not like the game got updated on Steam w/ Achievements added either.
eiii: Achievements itself never have been a problem, online-achievements are the problem. The good old days when people had a life and did not need online-achievements to brag about...
Proprietary/shop-specific online features:
Also true. I remember when most multiplayer games were using GameSpy - and well, that service is gone. Some games got no new Multiplayer suite; some got moved over to Steamworks; etc etc.

Makes me wish for more games to allow for LAN/TCP-IP support, like in the old days.

Also, I do wish a lot of these skirmish MP's....got re-worked into offline modes w/ bots. Or some MMO's, which are very single-player friendly like The Secret World/Secret World Legends - got re-worked to also work as an offline game.

Achievements:
IIRC, even games like Divinity 2, that had their own Achievement section built directly right into the game. We need more of THAT again. And then, once the game realizes you got the Achievements offline - and then say uploads it to Steam or GOG Galaxy, if it can connect; and if it can't connect to those online servers, it will try again to connect some other time and just let you keep playing.

We've also already got enough madness going on w/ PS3/4/Vita preservation and now w/ the chance that PS4 games in the future, if PSN goes down/gets its plug pulled and it can't connect to PSN - well, Trophies are what can cause your old games to not work. See this here on YongYea about this new mess - https://youtu.be/hNTOLRLUqWw

I'm not an Achievement-Hunter and all - but I do think it's cool when I get one and a pop-up says that I achieved something. Most of the time, I ain't hunting - I'm just playing the game, old-school style: just to play-through.
Post edited April 13, 2021 by MysterD