It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Rock out with your demon wings out.

Eight years ago today, Tim Schafer's open world action/strategy/adventure melted the faces and shredded the headphones of heavy metal fans around the world. It took some time for the PC version to appear but it was every bit as epic as we hoped.

In celebration of this glorious Rocktober, which marked the first appearance of our favorite roadie and his band of misfits, Brutal Legend is now 85% off until October 16, 5PM UTC.

Get your concert tickets, hop on your hot rod with your trusty guitar Clementine running shotgun, and go save the legendary land of rock one decapitatiooooooon! at a time.
Meh. Didn't get into it to be honest.
Awwww... I was hoping they announced working multiplayer for Galaxy (or better yet LAN). Skirmish is kinda stale since you can only play against a single computer player. Not a bad game otherwise.
Post edited October 13, 2017 by tremere110
"Rock out with your demon wings out."

I... don't think that's how the lyrics go.
I loved this game, what would you suggest to me? Action/adventure with some RST and possibly a unique atmosphere and story?
Oh, the ending took me hours to beat...
I wonder if now that we have Galaxy, online battles could be added to our GOG version.
Oh, I see from tremere110's post that I'm not the only one.
Post edited October 13, 2017 by Dogmaus
GOG.com: Rock out with your demon wings out.

Eight years ago today, Tim Schafer's open world action/strategy/adventure melted the faces and shredded the headphones of heavy metal fans around the world. It took some time for the PC version to appear but it was every bit as epic as we hoped.

In celebration of this glorious Rocktober, which marked the first appearance of our favorite roadie and his band of misfits, Brütal Legend is now 85% off until October 16, 5PM UTC.

Get your concert tickets, hop on your hot rod with your trusty guitar Clementine running shotgun, and go save the legendary land of rock one decapitatiooooooon! at a time.
Nice link, GOG.
Post edited October 13, 2017 by HypersomniacLive
Brutal Legend is a good game; it features a good story with great writing & hilarious missions(*), funny characters with larger-than-life voice actors, a great protagonist (Jack Black) and a great bad guy (Tim Curry) plus one of the most extensive metal soundtracks, both with an original score and a multitude of licenced songs (that covers a wide spectrum of metal & hard rock music). I would have liked it better if it played like Soul Reaver rather than Sacrifice, but the overall fun factor made up for that.

* My favourite (no spoilers) was the Lair of the Metal Queen mission where you're supposed to find some electric bass strings, very heavy ones too and guess who's asking for them... ;)
HypersomniacLive: Nice link, GOG.
That's how a brutal link looks like. ;)
Post edited October 13, 2017 by Vythonaut
Vythonaut: [...] That's how a brutal link looks like. ;)
Heh, too bad I didn't think of putting it this way.
Dogmaus: I loved this game, what would you suggest to me? Action/adventure with some RST and possibly a unique atmosphere and story?
I don't know any game quite like Brütal Legend. I think "Action/adventure with some RTS" is a pretty rare combination, many people didn't really like that about Brütal Legend either. Maybe the Overlord series, to some extent? And, I haven't played it myself, so I don't know whether that would fit the description, but you could check out Double Fine's Iron Brigade to see if it's somewhat similar (sadly, not available on GOG)? As for Action/Adventure, I assume you've given Psychonauts a try (no RTS elements though)? Or Darksiders?
Post edited October 13, 2017 by Leroux
Dogmaus: I loved this game, what would you suggest to me? Action/adventure with some RST and possibly a unique atmosphere and story?
Sacrifice, Giants: Citizen Kabuto, maybe Mount and Blade?
I didn't play THIS game yet (it lies under pile of other titles on my backlog), but action/adventure with RTS sounds exactly like Spellforce series (available on GOG). The RTS part is much more prominent though, maps where you don't get to build units and have to do with only your group of heroes are in minority. And not that much humour either, if that's what you liked about BL.
HypersomniacLive: Nice link, GOG.
Aww, they've 'fixed' it now – that too (and without leaving a timestamp, as per usual)...

Oh well, at least it matches the title at the top of the game page (just like on Steam).
Vythonaut: ... and a great bad guy (Tim Curry)...
Say no more, say no more!

I might just have to play it then (although I'm really not fond of Jack Black). Why they don't even mention Tim Curry in the game description is beyond me.
Post edited October 13, 2017 by Lemon_Curry
CharlesGrey: "Rock out with your demon wings out."

I... don't think that's how the lyrics go.
"Rock out with your rooster out."
andysheets1975: Sacrifice, Giants: Citizen Kabuto, maybe Mount and Blade?
I have Sacrifice but never played it, silly me. It looks the part. The others I don't like. Thanks
The strategy aspect is kinda meh tbh. But other than that, it's a good and fun game.