It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The DRM-Free Revolution Continues with Big Pre-Orders and Launch Day Releases!

Good news! GOG.com is going to bring you more fantastic launch day releases, preorders, and other exciting new content from some of our favorite developers. We've lined up 3 big titles that we will be bringing to GOG.com in the next couple of months for sale or preorder that we think will be hits with all of our gamers; and we have more equally exciting games coming up soon.

If you've been a member of the site for a long time, you may recall that when we launched sales of The Witcher 2 on GOG.com, we had to add in regional pricing. The game cost different amounts in in the US, the UK, the European Union, and Australia. We're doing something like that once again in order to bring you new titles from fantastic bigger studios. Since we don't accept currencies other than USD on GOG.com right now, we'll be charging the equivalent of the local price in USD for these titles. We wish that we could offer these games at flat prices everywhere in the world, but the decision on pricing is always in our partners' hands, and regional pricing is becoming the standard around the globe. We're doing this because we believe that there's no better way to accomplish our overall goals for DRM-Free gaming and GOG.com. We need more games, devs, and publishers on board to make DRM-Free gaming something that's standard for all of the gaming world!

That brings with it more good news, though! As mentioned, we have three games we're launching soon with regional pricing--two RPGs and a strategy game--and while we can't tell you what they are yet because breaking an NDA has more severe penalties than just getting a noogie, we're confident that you'll be as excited about these games as we are. For a limited time, we will be offering anyone who pre-orders or buys one of them a free game from a selection as a gift from GOG.com, just like we did for The Witcher 2.

If you have any questions, hit us up in the comments below and we'll be happy to answer (to the best of our ability).

EDIT: Since we've answered a lot of the common questions already here (and lest you think that we've ignored you), it may be handy for you to check out the forum thread about this and search for staff answers by clicking this link here. (hat tip to user Eli who reminded us that the feature even exists. :)
high rated
Elenarie: Do you intend to give Russia special discounts similar to how Steam does it, even though the other countries in the EE region are far, far poorer?
TheEnigmaticT: That's out of our hands, as I already indicated; regional pricing for publishers or devs is in their hands.
It's out of your hands in your own store? Didn't know they made you take their stuff at gunpoint...
TheEnigmaticT: You're conflating two different things. DRM and regional pricing aren't exactly related.
So what will stop people to use a proxy or VPN to buy the games from another region (where it's the cheapest)?
blotunga: ^This...
scampywiak: Yeah, I'm sure DRM is just around the corner....

Jesus christ you guys. They've offered so much over the years and the second something goes awry you're at their heels like rabid dogs.
It's a store. Not our friends. They have'nt offered anything, we have bought it. They have always said they were one of us gamers, our friends and on our side. Of course they were'nt. Everybody, including me, was stupid to believe anything else.
high rated
TELL YOUR PARTNERS TO GO *^&#$t&^t@o($%t!$%(!y%^*&^%(#&!)*)&(!#%^t)%!#)(*%&y^(*&!@#%^*!#^%&)!#*&!#% ^)(*^%v)&(!#%_&^*&&&@!^%)!(&!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!

Seriously! Region Pricing is why i came to GOG in the first place! its because i was sick of paying up to 300% MORE! just because i was Australian what deals could be worth buying back into that bile ?.

Makes me wonder if there is some kind of "Bay" of refuge like a place old sailors would have gone for r&r , oh wait there is and "Region Pricing" is just the kind of mess around that would drive people there.
Hey Guys, any Idea for the new 3 games. My guest

- Witcher 3
- Pillars of Eternity
- Age of wonder III

I any case hope for those 3
People... soothe your boobs, de-stress your breasts, give a rest to your chest, calm your tits. Seriously. This conjecture and unfounded fear is getting way out of hand.

Let's just wait and see. I can understand the anger and frustration, but let's not get in over our heads.
high rated
Wishbone: Wow.

Really, GOG?

Just, wow.

I have no words.

No wait, I do have some words, actually. The reason I have spent so much time here since you started this fantastic business is that you were NOT like all the other DD sites out there. You had principles and you stuck by them. You truly cared about your customers in a way that no other digital retailer did. Every other service appeared to be run by corporate suits, but not yours. Well, those days are obviously over. You may as well just drop the pretense and start selling only Steam keys.

I sure hope those suits feel good.
I think you summed up my feelings exactly. GOG was the remaining bastion of integrity in the online game marketplace and today they sold out. It might be hyperbole but it's hard not to feel somewhat betrayed after their original marketing of "One world, one fair price".
TheEnigmaticT: That's out of our hands, as I already indicated; regional pricing for publishers or devs is in their hands.
Wishbone: Are there any of your so-called "principles" you didn't throw out the window today?
So, I got to here: http://www.gog.com/forum/general/announcement_big_preorders_launch_day_releases_coming/post506

TET has said he would respond more fully; Lets work together on this for responses, we should look at presenting a voice to GOG that we don't like this. Just one voice, from many..
Post edited February 21, 2014 by wpegg
high rated
To be fair, one-world pricing was fair for some countries and unfair for others (exchange rate and domestic purchasing power are not always correlated). And regional pricing done right can be actually better for some places (though it never is so I'm not sure why I even brought it up especially since the publishers will be in control of the regional pricing).

I'm glad that GOG is trying to get release day games to show that DRM isn't necessary, HOWEVER, I have to join the chorus and ask how GOG is planning on implementing regional pricing? Even with Geo-IP, there is no DRM on these games and users can simply VPN to different countries that offer the best pricing deals. Basically I see a lot of GOG user base suddenly becoming Russians.

Soooo ... how exactly is this going to work?
crazy_dave: To be fair, one-world pricing was fair for some countries and unfair for others (exchange rate and domestic purchasing power are not always correlated). And regional pricing done right can be actually better for some places (though it never is so I'm not sure why I even brought it up especially since the publishers will be in control of the regional pricing).

I'm glad that GOG is trying to get release day games to show that DRM isn't necessary, HOWEVER, I have to join the chorus and ask how GOG is planning on implementing regional pricing? Even with Geo-IP, there is no DRM on these games and users can simply VPN to different countries that offer the best pricing deals. Basically I see a lot of GOG user base suddenly becoming Russians.

To be unfair, my purchasing power is 1/10th of an average US citizen still I have to pay 40% more on Steam for games. I'll just go back to pirating at this rate.
Drakosha: Wow. If I don't accept being screwed over then I'm entitled whiny bitch? Well, thanks for clarifying! Sorry, gotta go and please my corporate overlords, being too entitled here!
MaceyNeil: Hey that's your options don't like them the world don't care. Reality is what it is and if you can't handle reality theres plenty of mind altering drugs to piss your life up the wall with.
I wonder how did you get from games to drugs. And hey, if you don't like us entitled bitches, as you put it, the world don't care. Reality is what it is.
crazy_dave: To be fair, one-world pricing was fair for some countries and unfair for others (exchange rate and domestic purchasing power are not always correlated). And regional pricing done right can be actually better for some places (though it never is so I'm not sure why I even brought it up especially since the publishers will be in control of the regional pricing).

It won't and nobody involved thought about this to begin with because whoever is hiding behind that NDA is simply a greedy fool?

Why does something like this even need a NDA? Do we even need pre-orders or day one launches?
takethepain: I understand that GOG is between a Rock and a Hard-place here. If this means more games can come to here than fair enough. But I personally won't be purchasing them, and I shall be sure to email the publisher each time I choose not to buy a game and explain exactly why.

Outside of taxes, there is ZERO reason for a digital product to cost more in one country than another other than pure corporate greed. I am sick and tired of paying more in Australia for the same product that I download from the same servers as someone in the U.S. And I am simply not going to stand for it anymore.
fr33kSh0w2012: Not to Mention anally SLOWER Downloads as well! the Witcher 2 took Me 3 DAYS to download over here No high speed internet over here!
Okay this has shifted to an Australian broadband issue, which is entirely not GOG's problem in any way shape or form.
Australia doesn't have servers because we are a backwash of a country with a stupid liberal that doesn't know a damn thing about technology in the modern age (going by policy), a liberal that by all rights doesn't even know how to be a good liberal (because liberals are meant to represent the business industry of Australia essentially and he favours mining over EVERYTHING ELSE).
If we had good communication lines for the internet, we 'might' be seen as a more central country for unified server provision globally but because the EU, Asia and the Americas have long established centers with decent throughput, we are once again placed at the arse end of the world asking why we can't be in on it in slum town.
In fact the only way gamers in Australia could possibly recieve a decent flow of regional servers is to have a population size great enough to be a significant market and to economically demand it as a requirement.
But no go play your X-Box and purchase some more stuff off steam you 'need' that triple A title.
high rated
Explain how the video youtubedotcom/watch?v=nRdfYwvGTos fits in this ethical turn.

You built a customer base on this "values". They deserve the same respect you promised.

Is your word what is a stake here.

blotunga: To be unfair, my purchasing power is 1/10th of an average US citizen still I have to pay 40% more on Steam for games. I'll just go back to pirating at this rate.
This is all it boils down to. I wouldn't have bought many games if they weren't cheap. Everybody that has an internet connection can get any game 100% free and drm-free. Not legal of course but they can. Why increase the prices knowing this? It's just stupid.