It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The DRM-Free Revolution Continues with Big Pre-Orders and Launch Day Releases!

Good news! GOG.com is going to bring you more fantastic launch day releases, preorders, and other exciting new content from some of our favorite developers. We've lined up 3 big titles that we will be bringing to GOG.com in the next couple of months for sale or preorder that we think will be hits with all of our gamers; and we have more equally exciting games coming up soon.

If you've been a member of the site for a long time, you may recall that when we launched sales of The Witcher 2 on GOG.com, we had to add in regional pricing. The game cost different amounts in in the US, the UK, the European Union, and Australia. We're doing something like that once again in order to bring you new titles from fantastic bigger studios. Since we don't accept currencies other than USD on GOG.com right now, we'll be charging the equivalent of the local price in USD for these titles. We wish that we could offer these games at flat prices everywhere in the world, but the decision on pricing is always in our partners' hands, and regional pricing is becoming the standard around the globe. We're doing this because we believe that there's no better way to accomplish our overall goals for DRM-Free gaming and GOG.com. We need more games, devs, and publishers on board to make DRM-Free gaming something that's standard for all of the gaming world!

That brings with it more good news, though! As mentioned, we have three games we're launching soon with regional pricing--two RPGs and a strategy game--and while we can't tell you what they are yet because breaking an NDA has more severe penalties than just getting a noogie, we're confident that you'll be as excited about these games as we are. For a limited time, we will be offering anyone who pre-orders or buys one of them a free game from a selection as a gift from GOG.com, just like we did for The Witcher 2.

If you have any questions, hit us up in the comments below and we'll be happy to answer (to the best of our ability).

EDIT: Since we've answered a lot of the common questions already here (and lest you think that we've ignored you), it may be handy for you to check out the forum thread about this and search for staff answers by clicking this link here. (hat tip to user Eli who reminded us that the feature even exists. :)
alset85: Down with this sort of thing!
"Careful now!" ;)

Mr_GeO: Age of Wonders III...

As an excuse to introduce regional pricing...

YOU.
MUST.
BE.
KIDDING.
ME.
HGiles: QFT.

We could have waited a year to get this DRM-free.
Throw another vote on the barbie. Colour me underwhelmed, and confused as to why the publisher insisted on regional pricing in the first place.
Cavalary: We have a name, and it's regionally priced. First ones to direct hate towards.
$44.99 = €44.99

XOMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Super, we'll have to use proxies to buy games now ...

... that said, for that kind of games it just won't worth it.
high rated
Wow, that Age of Wonder announcement actually verifies our worst fears. Pretty much the only thing GOG can do now is honor its contractual obligations for these three games and then make a public statemant vowing never to do it again. I have to pay 54$ for a game costing 40$ in the US (with 1/3 of the average US salary mind you) and I get what? A free game that costs 6 or 10 dollars that I don't want and probably already have.

The only acceptable alternative is if I get a 14$ store credit that I can use for whatever purchase I want (or part of a purchase, together with other store credtis I may have accumulated).
silentbob1138: Did they seriously think Age of Wonders would get us so excited that we wouldn't mind regional pricing? If so, they must have some great drugs at Gog.
TET said something about smoking pot earlier. Must be pretty potent stuff...
CedricG: Super, we'll have to use proxies to buy games now ...

... that said, for that kind of games it just won't worth it.
That's the worst part of this. At least one of the games GOG ditched worldwide pricing for was utterly unworthy of the sacrifice. I was afraid this would be true, but it's really disappointing to get confirmation.
I'm still maintaining my long-term decision of waiting to see where this leads us, but if Age of Wonders III is what some people at GOG think is a AAA studio game that will make dropping worldwide flat pricing worthwhile... well... I don't even think Triumph is a AAA studio to begin with.

Unimpressed, so far. It's not with titles like this one they'll grow more competitive and bring more games to their customers, which was the only positive thing I could see coming from this change in policy.
$44.99 = €44.99 = Insulting
Please get real and offer more good old games, enough with this generic triple-"A" stuff that is offered everywhere.

The day GOG.com starts offering Steam keys draws near. And I'm going to the store for discs to download and backup all my games so far.
To make this farce even funnier, it looks like they add additional screw-up to already royal-scale screwed-up offer...
Prices I see after clicking on game have nothing to do with the numbers they're giving in the game leaflet.

Jesus Christ, what a legendary epic fail...
Attachments:
as far as I see regional pricing regards only new-to-come AAA games, so additional discussions are futile...
high rated
They didn't even ease into this regional pricing with only a slight difference, they just came right out with a one dollar = one euro joke. And some people claimed their regional pricing would be fair haha. Like I said, the whole concept of regional pricing is unfair. Having said that though I didn't think their first item would be THIS unfair.
*insert slow clap gif here*
low rated
Djungelurban: Make that a decade... Or two... Or even better, not at all...
HGiles: The other AoW games are already on GOG. It would have shown up here eventually.
But by then many people would have bought it at steam, amazon or whatnot.
Definitely wasn't worth sacrificing the region-free pricing for this. GOG just opened up a huge can of worms and sacrificed one of their major advantages over Steam or GamersGate for a minor strategy game and 2 probably equally disappointing RPGs.
You people insist in not looking at the BIG PICTURE, this is one of many more titles that would have never shown or shown too late (when most interested people have already bought it).
high rated
I wrote this already in the another thread, but I'm so disappointed, I will repeat myself here...

Not only is GOG having 1$ = 1€ forced conversion now, but you don't get all the stuff, like soundtracks, for the price of the base game anymore.

So GOG gave up two of their former principles at the same time.

This is worse than was expected, and we really were expecting it to be bad to begin with.

I'm seriously considering boycotting GOG now. Well, those few hundred games I bought from the old, nice GOG will keep me busy for a while.
high rated
They couldn't get the "letter that will explain everything" out on time, but the $39.99 = €39.99 AAA(HaHaHa!) game to ripoff their customers with arrives on schedule.

GOG.com, if you really think that this game, or any game, is worth ripping of me, your loyal customer, who has stood by you, and abandoning the core values you have been promoting all this time, then you really don't know me.