It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The DRM-Free Revolution Continues with Big Pre-Orders and Launch Day Releases!

Good news! GOG.com is going to bring you more fantastic launch day releases, preorders, and other exciting new content from some of our favorite developers. We've lined up 3 big titles that we will be bringing to GOG.com in the next couple of months for sale or preorder that we think will be hits with all of our gamers; and we have more equally exciting games coming up soon.

If you've been a member of the site for a long time, you may recall that when we launched sales of The Witcher 2 on GOG.com, we had to add in regional pricing. The game cost different amounts in in the US, the UK, the European Union, and Australia. We're doing something like that once again in order to bring you new titles from fantastic bigger studios. Since we don't accept currencies other than USD on GOG.com right now, we'll be charging the equivalent of the local price in USD for these titles. We wish that we could offer these games at flat prices everywhere in the world, but the decision on pricing is always in our partners' hands, and regional pricing is becoming the standard around the globe. We're doing this because we believe that there's no better way to accomplish our overall goals for DRM-Free gaming and GOG.com. We need more games, devs, and publishers on board to make DRM-Free gaming something that's standard for all of the gaming world!

That brings with it more good news, though! As mentioned, we have three games we're launching soon with regional pricing--two RPGs and a strategy game--and while we can't tell you what they are yet because breaking an NDA has more severe penalties than just getting a noogie, we're confident that you'll be as excited about these games as we are. For a limited time, we will be offering anyone who pre-orders or buys one of them a free game from a selection as a gift from GOG.com, just like we did for The Witcher 2.

If you have any questions, hit us up in the comments below and we'll be happy to answer (to the best of our ability).

EDIT: Since we've answered a lot of the common questions already here (and lest you think that we've ignored you), it may be handy for you to check out the forum thread about this and search for staff answers by clicking this link here. (hat tip to user Eli who reminded us that the feature even exists. :)
high rated
Well, I am shocked.
I don’t find this announcement being “Good news”, on the contrary – I find it being beyond terrible.
I do really appreciate GOG being transparent about it, and answering community questions without using evasion techniques but the answers are not reassuring for me. I find them scary.
I honestly can’t find ANY example of when applying regional prices was something positive for customer. And on the top of that, GOG admits that regional locks may happen. And, that prices of all games may change – not only those new big AAA titles.
This is all of my hate about buying games. I even despise DRM less, then having to put up with some stupid shit, because someone didn’t seem fit to make game X available in my country. Or that the price of 40 euro may seem a bit too high. Or that feeling that if I were born elsewhere I could buy something for 10$ but apparently now I have to pay 10 euro (because as we all know 1 $ = 1 Eur, sometimes it even equals 1 British pound!)
I have supported GOG because I live in Poland and had hell while dealing with stupid regional restrictions of all kinds, and saw GOG as a way to vote with my money that global access to games and global prices is desirable and OK.
And I know fear that I will no longer have a really cool online shop to buy from – even more, if the prices of old games change to Eur I really don’t see a reason to buy from you – Steam has exact the same prices and wasn’t pretending to be something it isn’t.
I know that it may not get so bad (but I doubt it will be the case – I really don’t see publishers accepting your advice and cutting down prices do match those in $), but with that decision you have basically broken your principles, which is a worrisome precedent.
For now I will halt my purchases on GOG and see how it will be played out, it may turn out to be not so bad, but I can’t help that little, a bit childish feeling of being betrayed. I gave you money not because your shop had something that others didn’t, but because of principles you have claimed to support – and flat pricing was something I have always admired.

Welp. Tl;dr: I am massively worried and disappointed.
hedwards: The whole business of doing something like this that they know damn well is going to piss off a huge portion of their customer base without bothering to do any poling or research is deeply disturbing
IMO "Huge" is only wishful thinking, it one scans this thread there are few people (two or three hundred) posting and if one checks the gog wishlist not many people have adhered to the "let's gog adhere to their core values". Truth is that at the end of the day they are trying to appease us loyal fans because they have integrity, if they were like your average corporation you will not see them at all posting on these messageboards.
Ghorpm: I think nobody corrected it so far so let me do it ;) It's not Zloty but ZŁOTY, with a letter "ł" ([url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ł]see article about it[/url]). We have 9 additional letters in Polish: ą ć ę ł ń ó ś ź ż
And if you think that sounds funny you clearly haven't heard W Szczebrzeszynie chrząszcz brzmi w trzcinie ;)
phaolo: Wow, ąćęłńóśźż forms another cool looking word. It could even be an Ork Boss name XD
And that last thing.. OMG, it could be some obscure reptilian language. :P
AFAIK there is only one word in Polish that is composed of polish letters only. It's żółć (bile) and believe me - if you write it zolc everybody from Poland will have problems with understanding it. Another famous example is Łódź (one normal letter though) - it means a boat but it's also the name of one of the biggest cities in Poland so in many international papers it's written as Lodz and it does look weird for us :)
So... The first of two upcoming RPG releases is Summoner. Instabought.

When can we expect the second one?

:evil grin:
Trilarion: Now the question is if the games are worth it. Looking forward to the reveleation of the names. When is it supposed to be?
Nothing extremely specific. One of those three mysterious games, though, will be released before the GDC 2014 (March 17-21) occurs, so CDPR can use it as a bargaining tool with other developers/publishers to convince them to sign with GOG.
Ghorpm: I think nobody corrected it so far so let me do it ;) It's not Zloty but ZŁOTY
IAmSinistar: So it's written in alien as well. ;)
and pronounced in alien too as it seems
Ghorpm: I think nobody corrected it so far so let me do it ;) It's not Zloty but ZŁOTY, with a letter "ł" (see article about it). We have 9 additional letters in Polish: ą ć ę ł ń ó ś ź ż

And if you think that sounds funny you clearly haven't heard W Szczebrzeszynie chrząszcz brzmi w trzcinie ;)
HypersomniacLive: How on earth do you pronounce this stuff? Even trying caused a strain followed by a fracture of my tongue muscles :-P
American guy pronouncing that. And he's really good! So it's entirely possible

And btw it's only the most famous example but there are a lot more of tongue twisters like that in Polish ;)
Trilarion: Now the question is if the games are worth it. Looking forward to the reveleation of the names. When is it supposed to be?
I doubt that those 3 "AAA" games will be worth it. I won't buy them with regional pricing, even if it will be games i've been wanting to play (again) since years.
Shit, it was Age of Wonders III after all. What a letdown!
And it's 40€.
Post edited February 25, 2014 by Grargar
We have a name, and it's regionally priced. First ones to direct hate towards.
http://www.gog.com/game/age_of_wonders_3
HypersomniacLive: How on earth do you pronounce this stuff? Even trying caused a strain followed by a fracture of my tongue muscles :-P
My two kopecks.
high rated
So still no letter but i guess Age of wonders 3 is one of the games. Let me tell you that is absolutely not worth it.

its 54.99$ in germany , 39.99$ in US. HAHAHAHA.....no.
Post edited February 25, 2014 by Reaper9988
So wait is Age of Wonders 3 supposed to be a AAA release according to GOG???? I sure hope not...
Bloodygoodgames: Or the real name for the city non-Thais call 'Bangkok'.

Krungthep mahanakhon Amon rattanakosin Mahintharayutthaya Mahadilokphop Noppharatratchathaniburirom Udomratchaniwetmahasathan Amonphimanawatansathit Sakkathattiyawitsanukamprasit

You can hear how it sounds in Thai here - http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/49/Th-Bangkok_ceremonial_name.ogg

And yes, it is the world's longest city name.

Thais usually just call it 'Krungthep' -- the first words of the name, which translates to 'City of Angels'.
I can see why they'd abbreviate it. Plus I'm pretty sure speaking the full name aloud summons a Level 5 demon. ;)

And how cool that Krungthep has essentially the same meaning as Los Angeles.