It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
So, could someone that got the fresh Cossacks II Anthology let us know if we're in need of game covers?
high rated
HypersomniacLive: So, could someone that got the fresh Cossacks II Anthology let us know if we're in need of game covers?
If it's a bundle I would guess that we will, but I'd hold off doing anything until we're sure.
high rated
HypersomniacLive: So, could someone that got the fresh Cossacks II Anthology let us know if we're in need of game covers?
adaliabooks: If it's a bundle I would guess that we will, but I'd hold off doing anything until we're sure.
Thanks goodness I checked here. I bought Cossacks 2 earlier today, and indeed their covers are missing. Napoleonic Wars shows the cover of Zork Anthology instead (!) for some reason, while Battle for Europe doesn't show a cover at all (check the attachment for details). I use Chrome but the same will probably happen on Firefox anyways...
edit-thanks for your work in advance adalia. :-)

edit2-yup, same on Firefox...
Attachments:
covers.png (432 Kb)
Post edited September 26, 2016 by Treasure
Treasure: Thanks goodness I checked here. I bought Cossacks 2 earlier today, and indeed their covers are missing. Napoleonic Wars shows the cover of Zork Anthology instead (!) for some reason, while Battle for Europe doesn't show a cover at all (check the attachment for details). I use Chrome but the same will probably happen on Firefox anyways...
edit-thanks for your work in advance adalia. :-)

edit2-yup, same on Firefox...
Both your issues may be AF related. What covers do you see if you switch to GOG default, or disable AF?
high rated
HypersomniacLive: Both your issues may be AF related. What covers do you see if you switch to GOG default, or disable AF?
That was indeed the point I was trying to make -that they are indeed related to the fact that said covers haven't been added in AF's covers database. When I disable AF, I see the regular horizontal covers indeed (check attachment), but the vertical covers are needed for the legacy view of the shelf...Hopefully adalia might be helped to find fitting covers for these games by seeing the regular gog covers I just posted...
Attachments:
covers2.png (342 Kb)
high rated
HypersomniacLive: Both your issues may be AF related. What covers do you see if you switch to GOG default, or disable AF?
Treasure: That was indeed the point I was trying to make -that they are indeed related to the fact that said covers haven't been added in AF's covers database. When I disable AF, I see the regular horizontal covers indeed (check attachment), but the vertical covers are needed for the legacy view of the shelf...Hopefully adalia might be helped to find fitting covers for these games by seeing the regular gog covers I just posted...
The Zork thing is a known bug, the problem being that MaGog probably doesn't have the new Ids for the unbundled games so the look up fails (and for some reason) defaults to the Zork id / url.
If you can get me the ids of the two games in your library (let me know if you don't know how) I can sort them to show gogs cover for both, but someone will probably need to find or make covers so they're not duplicate (I believe Hyper has already volunteered to do this judging by his earlier post)
adaliabooks: The Zork thing is a known bug, the problem being that MaGog probably doesn't have the new Ids for the unbundled games so the look up fails (and for some reason) defaults to the Zork id / url.

If you can get me the ids of the two games in your library (let me know if you don't know how) I can sort them to show gogs cover for both, but someone will probably need to find or make covers so they're not duplicate (I believe Hyper has already volunteered to do this judging by his earlier post)
I do not know how to find ids for individual games/shelf entries indeed, so I'd appreciate it if you could tell me how I'll find that information. I could try and guess the lookup process, but I can end up with the wrong ids by improvising, so I'd rather follow the correct method...
high rated
Treasure: I do not know how to find ids for individual games/shelf entries indeed, so I'd appreciate it if you could tell me how I'll find that information. I could try and guess the lookup process, but I can end up with the wrong ids by improvising, so I'd rather follow the correct method...
No problem, I would have just typed it out but I was on my phone and wanted to make sure I told you to do the right thing.

If you right click on the game in your library (probably on the image is easiest) and click inspect it will bring up the html code. You need to look for something like this (it should be towards the top of the window that has opened or you might need to scroll up a little:

<div class="product-row js-details-pointer dimming-chooser__element product-row--has-action ng-scope" draggable="false" gog-account-product="1937342852" gog-product-dropdown-pointer="1937342852" ng-class="{'is-hidden': product.isHidden, 'is-updated': product.updates}" ng-click="chooser.setChosenID(1937342852, $event)" style="box-shadow: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.74902) 5px -5px 5px 0px;">

And the Id is the gog-account-product section (bolded) which in this case is 1937342852 (for Halcyon 6).

If you can get me those numbers for both of the Cossacks games I can fix them :)
high rated
adaliabooks: No problem, I would have just typed it out but I was on my phone and wanted to make sure I told you to do the right thing.

If you right click on the game in your library (probably on the image is easiest) and click inspect it will bring up the html code. You need to look for something like this (it should be towards the top of the window that has opened or you might need to scroll up a little:

<div class="product-row js-details-pointer dimming-chooser__element product-row--has-action ng-scope" draggable="false" gog-account-product="1937342852" gog-product-dropdown-pointer="1937342852" ng-class="{'is-hidden': product.isHidden, 'is-updated': product.updates}" ng-click="chooser.setChosenID(1937342852, $event)" style="box-shadow: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.74902) 5px -5px 5px 0px;">

And the Id is the gog-account-product section (bolded) which in this case is 1937342852 (for Halcyon 6).

If you can get me those numbers for both of the Cossacks games I can fix them :)
I wouldn't have guessed that method. Anyways:

The id for Cossacks II: Napoleonic Wars is 1360549960
The id for Cossacks II: Battle for Europe is 1620402149

Thanks in advance for your work!
high rated
Treasure: I wouldn't have guessed that method. Anyways:

No problem, thanks for your help. I'll get them fixed up as soon as possible :)
Treasure: That was indeed the point I was trying to make -that they are indeed related to the fact that said covers haven't been added in AF's covers database. When I disable AF, I see the regular horizontal covers indeed (check attachment), but the vertical covers are needed for the legacy view of the shelf...Hopefully adalia might be helped to find fitting covers for these games by seeing the regular gog covers I just posted...
Cheers, at first glance, the covers appear to be different. Please post a screenshot of the legacy shelf when adaliabooks fixes the links.
high rated
HypersomniacLive: Cheers, at first glance, the covers appear to be different. Please post a screenshot of the legacy shelf when adaliabooks fixes the links.
The proper ones will be, the problem is the only legacy cover available is the (unbundled) store one from the Gog mixes so they will be the same (with the text overlay).
high rated
Treasure: I wouldn't have guessed that method. Anyways:

Right, they should both have fixed (though duplicate) covers now, let me know if that's not the case.
high rated
adaliabooks: Right, they should both have fixed (though duplicate) covers now, let me know if that's not the case.
The cover for the Napoleonic Wars shelf item is now fixed, but the shelf item for Battle for Europe continues to show no cover, on both Chrome and Firefox (see screenshot). No idea what might cause this, hopefully it can be easily fixed...
Btw, I won't mind the covers being the same, as long as the proper title is displayed...
Attachments:
coversnew.png (457 Kb)
high rated
adaliabooks: Right, they should both have fixed (though duplicate) covers now, let me know if that's not the case.
Treasure: The cover for the Napoleonic Wars shelf item is now fixed, but the shelf item for Battle for Europe continues to show no cover, on both Chrome and Firefox (see screenshot). No idea what might cause this, hopefully it can be easily fixed...
Btw, I won't mind the covers being the same, as long as the proper title is displayed...
Hmm. I'll check the IDs again when I get a second and make sure I did it right...