It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

*ding*

If you’ve been hanging around for a while, especially in the <a href=”"[url=http://www.gog.com/games">games]http://www.gog.com/games">games[/url] tab</a>, you may have noticed that the growing number of items on our virtual shelf was inching closer and closer to our very first thousand - lo and behold, just this week we made it through our first 1k.

We could start off by thanking the Academy, our moms, and hoping for world peace - and it's not that we don't want to say all those things, but before we do, we want to thank the most important people that made it possible - all of YOU. It may sound a bit turgid and you might not believe that we're tearing up a little as we click "publish" on this piece of news, but you guys are the ones that make GOG.com what it is and our reason to continue bringing you more great games.

Before we break out the fruit punch, though, we want to honor those of you who almost caught up with us. We dug through our records and picked fifty users that have the most boxes on their own virtual shelves.

Let's all give an alphabetically ordered round of applause to:

Antarian, astrugar710, atomsword, AutumnYears, baketomato, Barry_Woodward, benjam47, budejovice, CuriousTwoAtGOG, Darthmort, Disciple_of_Doom, djr155, DonCorleon, Gersen, gorrrrrr, Heirgeir, howardtduck2005, ilcollezionista, jabba1971, JDelekto, KajQrd, kiwy, Kodijack, kotokimura, Lafazar, liquidBass, lobo_1, Loenas, maweball, mrkgnao, MTR77, Murfallo, mwmwm, n0nam3, OlK76, onthemike, palyea, Pantoprazol, sbaylus, Serpico, ShadowWulfe, Silvanus2004, soulroar, tippete, TrevWar, turbond, vasyl, VuA, xckx, and ZombieGum.

We will be contacting these guys personally for T-shirt sizes and mailing addresses for a little, personalized thank-you. We are off to celebrate - but before we go, here's to another thousand digital boxes on the GOG.com shelf!
skirtish: Let's celebrate the community by gifting stuff to our most affluent customers.
hugo360pt: They are just indirectly incentivizing the other users to buy all the catalog so they (users) can receive stuff too, you know, it's all part of the love for the customer's wallets ;)

Congrats to GOG nonetheless.
Being one of the named recipients, heck, it wasn't of my asking. I'm not enticing others to buy all of their catalog either. If you want to get free stuff, there are other venues to seek, but I think the awards GOG is giving are genuine and deserved.

tinyE: I had to read it in grade school and I've seen the original movie probably a dozen times.
Ever see a movie before and never really "get it" until a 2nd or 3rd viewing?
stg83: Also congratulations to all the extremely loyal top 50 GOG customers, you all certainly deserve a reward for such unrelenting dedication to GOG. :)
Thank you! :)
Post edited April 11, 2015 by JDelekto
Congrats to GOG and the 50 users! I'm so close to 1k games on GOG ;)
Congratulations to Gog for reaching another milestone in its development!

And to another 1000 games soon.

Congratulations also to all the gog merchandise winners with almoust complete gog catalouges!
Post edited April 11, 2015 by Matruchus
tinyE: I had to read it in grade school and I've seen the original movie probably a dozen times.
JDelekto: Ever see a movie before and never really "get it" until a 2nd or 3rd viewing?
stg83:
JDelekto:
We are waaaaay off topic, even for me. XD Maybe we should take this to another thread?
Post edited April 11, 2015 by tinyE
skirtish: Let's celebrate the community by gifting stuff to our most affluent customers.
JDelekto: I have gifted to others' on these forums before.
No offense, I didn't mean to imply fault on your part.
Glad to see some people so supportive for a well deserved game website. I don't have the money to support so much though.
It's frustrating when GOG has a sale on and you don't see the game you don't already own on sale. For those who own almost of the GOG catalog, getting a sale on a game you don't already own in their catalog is difficult. Even during the last insomnia sale, I waited up for I don't know how many hours to get a particular game.

If you don't have any games, it's easy to score that critical hit, but for those who already own it, it's very taxing on my weary self.

However, I still think it's all in good fun!
skirtish: No offense, I didn't mean to imply fault on your part.
absolutely no offense taken!
[removed. replied to wrong post, sorry.]
Post edited April 11, 2015 by skirtish
From that list only Barry, budejovice and mrkgnao are the ones that I saw on the forum.
JDelekto: Ever see a movie before and never really "get it" until a 2nd or 3rd viewing?
tinyE: We are waaaaay off topic, even for me. XD Maybe we should take this to another thread?
It's your decision.
Congrats to everyone who got onto that list!

I'm surprised I didn't though, because my shelf has 995 boxes now ;D

Maybe at 2,000 ;)
Congrats, JDelekto and all the others in the Top 50. You're Winner!
Think it needs of song or theme.:)

"I get 1000 game boxes at the shelf.
I completed 1, so 999 left."

But, seriously guys congrats as probably there wasn't many at the beginning
who thought that you would get there.
GabiMoro: From that list only Barry, budejovice and mrkgnao are the ones that I saw on the forum.
/me bows to your moderation.
Flaose: Congrats, JDelekto and all the others in the Top 50. You're Winner!
What???!!!
v1989: Think it needs of song or theme.:)

"I get 1000 game boxes at the shelf.
I completed 1, so 999 left."

But, seriously guys congrats as probably there wasn't many at the beginning
who thought that you would get there.
I think it can all be summed up here: In the future
v1989: But, seriously guys congrats as probably there wasn't many at the beginning
The closed beta started with 20 games =)
That was in July 2008, if I'm not mistaken.
Post edited April 11, 2015 by Anamon