It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

*ding*

If you’ve been hanging around for a while, especially in the <a href=”"[url=http://www.gog.com/games">games]http://www.gog.com/games">games[/url] tab</a>, you may have noticed that the growing number of items on our virtual shelf was inching closer and closer to our very first thousand - lo and behold, just this week we made it through our first 1k.

We could start off by thanking the Academy, our moms, and hoping for world peace - and it's not that we don't want to say all those things, but before we do, we want to thank the most important people that made it possible - all of YOU. It may sound a bit turgid and you might not believe that we're tearing up a little as we click "publish" on this piece of news, but you guys are the ones that make GOG.com what it is and our reason to continue bringing you more great games.

Before we break out the fruit punch, though, we want to honor those of you who almost caught up with us. We dug through our records and picked fifty users that have the most boxes on their own virtual shelves.

Let's all give an alphabetically ordered round of applause to:

Antarian, astrugar710, atomsword, AutumnYears, baketomato, Barry_Woodward, benjam47, budejovice, CuriousTwoAtGOG, Darthmort, Disciple_of_Doom, djr155, DonCorleon, Gersen, gorrrrrr, Heirgeir, howardtduck2005, ilcollezionista, jabba1971, JDelekto, KajQrd, kiwy, Kodijack, kotokimura, Lafazar, liquidBass, lobo_1, Loenas, maweball, mrkgnao, MTR77, Murfallo, mwmwm, n0nam3, OlK76, onthemike, palyea, Pantoprazol, sbaylus, Serpico, ShadowWulfe, Silvanus2004, soulroar, tippete, TrevWar, turbond, vasyl, VuA, xckx, and ZombieGum.

We will be contacting these guys personally for T-shirt sizes and mailing addresses for a little, personalized thank-you. We are off to celebrate - but before we go, here's to another thousand digital boxes on the GOG.com shelf!
Congrats to all those crazy collectors ;)
I'm almost shocked i'm not on the list... but i probably have a little over half of the titles...
For those with 900+ games, will you ever be able to play all of them?! I just want to understand the mindset :)
Dzsono: For those with 900+ games, will you ever be able to play all of them?! I just want to understand the mindset :)
Quite easily ;)

Also congrats GOG & GOGites! \o/
Post edited April 11, 2015 by fishbaits
high rated
Wow! Thank you GOG, that is entirely unexpected and very awesome of you!

For anyone who is wondering, my game shelf shows 1040 games, my movie shelf shows 23 and I have given out 21 gift codes (some containing multiple games), 7 of which have not yet been redeemed. (For those who collect statistics.)

While it's an honor to be one of the top 50, it is more of an honor to know that I can still go to a place where I can get the classic games I played many years ago running on much newer hardware and DRM-free to boot!

It is even more of a bonus to find a thriving forum community who is probably the best among any I have seen, apparently great minds do think alike. :)

OK... now I am speechless <grin>
And i thought I already own too much... o0
Dzsono: For those with 900+ games, will you ever be able to play all of them?! I just want to understand the mindset :)
fishbaits: Quite easily ;)

Also congrats GOG & GOGites! \o/
Lol! Although maybe such a request isn't as unlikely as you think ;)
For me, it's a little bit of everything: a) some nostalgia for older games I played; b) older games I've owned, but ran under DOS; c) games that ran under Windows, but had DRM; d) games which appealed to me in the genre I liked; e) games which looked awesome from their artistic style; f) games which I ignored but perhaps deserved a look; and g) (which is for games, game developer and game players) helping to support those who create them.

Will I play them all to completion? Probably not, but I am installing them and trying them to see which appeal to my own taste. First I look at videos, screenshots, then game play reviews. I don't always trust reviews --if they're really bad, I'll try to steer away on those not so really bad I'll see for myself. Sometimes things others' find bad can be fun, it's all subjective.

BTW, watching the game play on Twitch for some games really helps too!
Post edited April 11, 2015 by JDelekto
The possibility to play the game you want to play at any given time is worth it, for me at least.
Nice going, GOG!
Now let's celebrate with some Day of the Tentacle and Full Throttle releases!
Thegevin: Nice going, GOG!
Signed...
Thegevin: Nice going, GOG!
I'm waiting on those too! :)
Congratulations, GOG! :)
P1na: The possibility to play the game you want to play at any given time is worth it, for me at least.
That's a good point, there are times when you're in the mood for a particular set of music or movies, I think games as well!
Congratulations!
and all the best!
Attachments:
champagne.jpg (329 Kb)