It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

*ding*

If you’ve been hanging around for a while, especially in the <a href=”"[url=http://www.gog.com/games">games]http://www.gog.com/games">games[/url] tab</a>, you may have noticed that the growing number of items on our virtual shelf was inching closer and closer to our very first thousand - lo and behold, just this week we made it through our first 1k.

We could start off by thanking the Academy, our moms, and hoping for world peace - and it's not that we don't want to say all those things, but before we do, we want to thank the most important people that made it possible - all of YOU. It may sound a bit turgid and you might not believe that we're tearing up a little as we click "publish" on this piece of news, but you guys are the ones that make GOG.com what it is and our reason to continue bringing you more great games.

Before we break out the fruit punch, though, we want to honor those of you who almost caught up with us. We dug through our records and picked fifty users that have the most boxes on their own virtual shelves.

Let's all give an alphabetically ordered round of applause to:

Antarian, astrugar710, atomsword, AutumnYears, baketomato, Barry_Woodward, benjam47, budejovice, CuriousTwoAtGOG, Darthmort, Disciple_of_Doom, djr155, DonCorleon, Gersen, gorrrrrr, Heirgeir, howardtduck2005, ilcollezionista, jabba1971, JDelekto, KajQrd, kiwy, Kodijack, kotokimura, Lafazar, liquidBass, lobo_1, Loenas, maweball, mrkgnao, MTR77, Murfallo, mwmwm, n0nam3, OlK76, onthemike, palyea, Pantoprazol, sbaylus, Serpico, ShadowWulfe, Silvanus2004, soulroar, tippete, TrevWar, turbond, vasyl, VuA, xckx, and ZombieGum.

We will be contacting these guys personally for T-shirt sizes and mailing addresses for a little, personalized thank-you. We are off to celebrate - but before we go, here's to another thousand digital boxes on the GOG.com shelf!
Barry_Woodward: [url=http://www.gogwiki.com/wiki/User:Barry_Woodward]http://www.gogwiki.com/wiki/User:Barry_Woodward[/url]
Interesting, and on GoG (i.e. the library page) how many do you have ? I am king of curious on how GoG count them compared to the Wiki.
I have the same amount. My GOG game shelf has 1110 entries. I'm only missing Colin McRae Rally 2005, , [url=http://www.gog.com/en/wishlist/games/republic_the_revolution]Republic: The Revolution and TOCA Race Driver 3.
Post edited April 12, 2015 by Barry_Woodward
Barry_Woodward: I have the same amount. My GOG game shelf has 1110 entries.
Really strange then ^_^' either some game have disappeared from my self again or the "unbundling" doesn't happen to everybody at the same time. (or third possibility : I am worse at basic math than I thought :) )
Post edited April 12, 2015 by Gersen
ET3D: Perhaps, but I don't really feel that. I mean, they thanked everyone, but picked the top 50 to give something extra. So? What would you have them do? To have total equality you need to either give everyone something or give everyone nothing. IMO neither is a great solution. Rewarding recurring customers is a reasonable solution, and then you have to cut the line somewhere. GOG decided on a certain point, and I think that people should accept that.
I think it would've been better if they hadn't rewarded anyone. This was a highly talked about, anticipated milestone. People were looking forward to celebrating it. Would there have been disappointed if there hadn't been a 'reward' or sale of some extent? Sure. But the experience would've been shared by everyone, and all it would need is some words of great things to come in the future to keep everyone excited despite there being nothing for the moment.

However, by tagging on this reward for the top 50, imo they reduced the announcement to a much smaller group, and for no reason at all made a divide between have's and have-nots.

Now don't get me wrong, I feel it's perfectly fine if they want to reward their top 50 buyers with something special. However, I don't feel they should've done it in *this* announcement. They shouldn't have tied it to this, because (again, imo) it takes away from it rather than adds to it. They could've just as easily announced the 50 top buyers thing a month or two months for now and it'dve been a cheery moment on it's own.

(mind you, even though I mentioned a free game before, I was more thinking about a freeware game added to the catalog, anythingelse is just unrealistic and then they'd have to 'cut the line' as you mentioned.)

Also, this may just be me being too used to megathreads, but 274 posts so far seems like a lackluster response to me.
Post edited April 12, 2015 by Pheace
I'm all for GOG adding more freeware games. I'd be willing to forgo the t-shirt if GOG would release Bungie's Marathon Trilogy here.

Vote for the trilogy on the wishlist:

http://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/marathon_1
http://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/marathon_2_durandal
http://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/marathon_infinity
Post edited April 12, 2015 by Barry_Woodward
Barry_Woodward: I have the same amount. My GOG game shelf has 1110 entries.
Gersen: Really strange then ^_^' either some game have disappeared from my self again or the "unbundling" doesn't happen to everybody at the same time. (or third possibility : I am worse at basic math than I thought :) )
The gog galaxy client is counted as game, so if Gersen is not participating in the alpha test, that would explain the difference.

Barry: 1109 games, four missing, gog galaxy client
Gersen: 1112 games, one missing, no gog galaxy client?

Would result in the same number of possible games :-)
Post edited April 12, 2015 by moonshineshadow
Congrats guys! Here's to 10,000 more DRM-free awesome games and many many many many more years of GOG!
moonshineshadow: The gog galaxy client is counted as game, so if Gersen is not participating in the alpha test, that would explain the difference.
I am part of the alpha too. But I wonder if it's not because of some "upgradeable" games, as in, buy Risen 2 plus the "upgrade to Gold" DLC and it count as two games but if you buy directly the Gold edition it only counts as one.
Gersen: I am part of the alpha too. But I wonder if it's not because of some "upgradeable" games, as in, buy Risen 2 plus the "upgrade to Gold" DLC and it count as two games but if you buy directly the Gold edition it only counts as one.
The DLCs don't count.
moonshineshadow: The gog galaxy client is counted as game, so if Gersen is not participating in the alpha test, that would explain the difference.
Gersen: I am part of the alpha too. But I wonder if it's not because of some "upgradeable" games, as in, buy Risen 2 plus the "upgrade to Gold" DLC and it count as two games but if you buy directly the Gold edition it only counts as one.
Do you have the two versions of Strike Suit Zero? Barry has.
To ask the obvious, do you Fallout at the moment?
Post edited April 12, 2015 by mrkgnao
mrkgnao: Do you have the two versions of Strike Suit Zero? Barry has.
Yes I have "Strike Suit Zero + 2 DLC" and "Strike Suit Zero Director's Cut"

mrkgnao: To ask the obvious, do you Fallout at the moment?
Fallout ? Do you mean, do I have Fallout ? yes I have I,II and Tactics. (They disappeared some months ago during the last big GoG update but they are back since :) )
Post edited April 12, 2015 by Gersen
mrkgnao: Do you have the two versions of Strike Suit Zero? Barry has.
Gersen: Yes I have "Strike Suit Zero + 2 DLC" and "Strike Suit Zero Director's Cut"

mrkgnao: To ask the obvious, do you Fallout at the moment?
Gersen: Fallout ? Do you mean, do I have Fallout ? yes I have I,II and Tactics. (They disappeared some months ago during the last big GoG update but they are back since :) )
It still disappears every other day or so for an hour or so. Last saw it gone on Thursday or Wednesday, I believe.

Simplest solution, though, is to sort your library by title (shelf view) and visually compare yours to Barry's on the wiki.
Post edited April 12, 2015 by mrkgnao
Congratulations GOG with the 1000 games achievement, and yes, as one of the 50 "winners", thank you very much, I appreciate it. I own 1075 games (no movies).

Some years ago, before I knew about GOG, I bought some classics on Steam and all of them had problems. Fallout had glitches, Gothic 2 didn't work properly and Commandos ran way too fast. I was looking for the Might & Magic series and in the Steam forums I read about GOG, the place where I could buy them. So, for a good test, I bought Fallout, Gothic 2 and Commandos again on GOG and tried them out. And it worked perfectly, out-of-the box. And with a much better catalog for classics, I knew from that moment that GOG was the best place to buy them.
Congrats on reaching a milestone GoG
jabba1971: Congratulations GOG with the 1000 games achievement, and yes, as one of the 50 "winners", thank you very much, I appreciate it. I own 1075 games (no movies).

Some years ago, before I knew about GOG, I bought some classics on Steam and all of them had problems. Fallout had glitches, Gothic 2 didn't work properly and Commandos ran way too fast. I was looking for the Might & Magic series and in the Steam forums I read about GOG, the place where I could buy them. So, for a good test, I bought Fallout, Gothic 2 and Commandos again on GOG and tried them out. And it worked perfectly, out-of-the box. And with a much better catalog for classics, I knew from that moment that GOG was the best place to buy them.
Thanks for dropping into the forums to say hi, jabba! :)