It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

*ding*

If you’ve been hanging around for a while, especially in the <a href=”"[url=http://www.gog.com/games">games]http://www.gog.com/games">games[/url] tab</a>, you may have noticed that the growing number of items on our virtual shelf was inching closer and closer to our very first thousand - lo and behold, just this week we made it through our first 1k.

We could start off by thanking the Academy, our moms, and hoping for world peace - and it's not that we don't want to say all those things, but before we do, we want to thank the most important people that made it possible - all of YOU. It may sound a bit turgid and you might not believe that we're tearing up a little as we click "publish" on this piece of news, but you guys are the ones that make GOG.com what it is and our reason to continue bringing you more great games.

Before we break out the fruit punch, though, we want to honor those of you who almost caught up with us. We dug through our records and picked fifty users that have the most boxes on their own virtual shelves.

Let's all give an alphabetically ordered round of applause to:

Antarian, astrugar710, atomsword, AutumnYears, baketomato, Barry_Woodward, benjam47, budejovice, CuriousTwoAtGOG, Darthmort, Disciple_of_Doom, djr155, DonCorleon, Gersen, gorrrrrr, Heirgeir, howardtduck2005, ilcollezionista, jabba1971, JDelekto, KajQrd, kiwy, Kodijack, kotokimura, Lafazar, liquidBass, lobo_1, Loenas, maweball, mrkgnao, MTR77, Murfallo, mwmwm, n0nam3, OlK76, onthemike, palyea, Pantoprazol, sbaylus, Serpico, ShadowWulfe, Silvanus2004, soulroar, tippete, TrevWar, turbond, vasyl, VuA, xckx, and ZombieGum.

We will be contacting these guys personally for T-shirt sizes and mailing addresses for a little, personalized thank-you. We are off to celebrate - but before we go, here's to another thousand digital boxes on the GOG.com shelf!
high rated
Going to hope that GOG puts something together for the customer base in general, rather than just 50 people with high library numbers.

Everyone with a GOG library, whether they've purchased 5 games, 50 or 500, all have helped get GOG to where it is now.

Thinking it's a safe bet to figure that most people either can't afford to buy everything, or aren't willing to fall into the digital collection trap of feeling like they need to get absolutely everything all the time.

Regardless, every customer has played a part in GOG's success. Seems a bit uneven to put those with the most purchases on a pedestal while disregarding the rest.
Post edited April 12, 2015 by CarrionCrow
Is this why you "split" games up in our library? So you can reach 1,000* games more quickly?

Also, it appears even 600 isn't in that list. And maybe not even 800 (a friend of mine has to have at lest this much)
jacobmarner: Wow, gratz. And gratz to the top 50.

I have 948 games on GOG, but that was clearly not enough to be in top 50. These guys must have *a lot* of games.
wow, no joke?
Post edited April 12, 2015 by BAZ
CarrionCrow:
Well said. +1.
BAZ: Is this why you "split" games up in our library? So you can reach 1,000* games more quickly?

Also, it appears even 600 isn't in that list. And maybe not even 800 (a friend of mine has to have at lest this much)

I have 948 games on GOG, but that was clearly not enough to be in top 50. These guys must have *a lot* of games.
BAZ: wow, no joke?
Yep they are definitely people with games in the probably high 900's up. I had 896 games + 22 movies at the time they announced this and I'm probably still a way off the top 50. Barry_woodward one of the top 50 advised he has 1162 digital boxes (1110 games + 52 movies) that has to be pretty close to all of them, certainly that is all the movies (from looking at the movie list).

I'm a collector but games that just don't interest me I wouldn't be buying. So I guess in some cases it might be a personal challenge to have them all. I'd like to think that the games in my collection I would like to play at some stage (though I'll never have the time).
Post edited April 12, 2015 by deonast
congrats for 1000 achievement
Congratulations GOG. And wish all best into another thousand **
Congrats GOG.

Now go get 2K and Zenimax plzkthx.
JKHSawyer: Congrats GOG.

Now go get 2K and Zenimax plzkthx.
Zenimax? Really? Guess they will never publish games here since they are pretty much into DRM. And to be honest: I desist from supporting this company in any way...
BAZ: Is this why you "split" games up in our library? So you can reach 1,000* games more quickly?

BAZ: wow, no joke?
No joke!
CarrionCrow: Going to hope that GOG puts something together for the customer base in general, rather than just 50 people with high library numbers.

Everyone with a GOG library, whether they've purchased 5 games, 50 or 500, all have helped get GOG to where it is now.

Thinking it's a safe bet to figure that most people either can't afford to buy everything, or aren't willing to fall into the digital collection trap of feeling like they need to get absolutely everything all the time.

Regardless, every customer has played a part in GOG's success. Seems a bit uneven to put those with the most purchases on a pedestal while disregarding the rest.
It was certainly a bit strange reading the announcement. "Thanks people, we're doing great because of ALL of you!, here's something for only 50 of you"

Pretty sure a ton of people were anticipating this announcement because they were hoping GOG would give out another free game or do a special sale or something.
teknomedic: I have 979 (not counting movies)... still not top 50.
My mind is boggled.
It was a complete surprise to me as well.
CarrionCrow: Going to hope that GOG puts something together for the customer base in general, rather than just 50 people with high library numbers.

Quoted For Truth.
Impressive achievement! Congratulations, GOG & 50 winners :).
nice... 1000+ games/movies is a lot for the winners, great job.. (makes my backlog seem small hehe....)