It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Breja: The second and third Hobbit movies are horrendous. But those are nightmares form 2013 and 2014, so I've already gone on about those at length back then. Suffice it to say I hold The Desolation of Smaug to be a new Highlander 2 and Phantom Menace, a total, insulting ruination of a great movie franchise, delivered bafflingly enough by the same man who created it in the first place.
This sheds some light on why these movies turned out so goddamn awful:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQkygZdZ_Vk
I haven't been to cinema to watch a movie since I was 10, so almost 6 years now. I prefer a lot more TV shows than movies, but I thought that I could change this, by trying and see the new Star Wars movie. Alas i couldn't do it because I only have 3 cinema theaters in my city and all of them shows the movie only in 3D, which I can't watch more than 30 min. without being sick and throwing up.
Now I usually buy blu-rays when they release the movies, so here are some of them that I bought, and some of them that I wish I didn't.

Favorite movie of 2015: Me and Earl and the dying girl

The biggest surprise of 2015: Inside Out

The biggest disappointment of 2015: Avengers: Age of Ultron. - I wasn't a fan of the first part and I've had low expectations of this part before they gave the role to James Spader. After that I thought that he would kill it, but he was so underutilized, not to mention the director kept him be nothing more than a one-shot villain with only bad one-liners, instead of developing him as a at least a good villain.

The best not good, nor bad movie of 2015: The Martian

Worst movie of 2015: Rogue Nation

The best movie I want to see yet I can't: Spotlight
Post edited January 03, 2016 by Rievier
R8V9F5A2: Biggest disappointments for me: Terminator Genisys and Chappie.
I think Arnie's performance was the only good element in Genisys.
Breja: That was pretty much my opinion in a nutshell too. I was not exactly disappointed with Genisys simply because I was not expecting much from it to begin with. But Arnold's performance was actually really good, much better than I expected, so as a fan of his I found it worth watching just for that.
Yes it really surprised me too, his character was memorable, I struggle to recall what the main character even looked like. I think it was a mistake to pit a relatively unknown actor and actress against Arnold.
Ricky_Bobby: Yes it really surprised me too, his character was memorable, I struggle to recall what the main character even looked like. I think it was a mistake to pit a relatively unknown actor and actress against Arnold.
I still regret that the original pitch of the movie never materialised. I remember reading way back, that there was an idea for the movie to be about a retired soldier close to the Connor family (played by Arnold), so badass Skynet later used him as a template for the T-800. The movie was to be set in the 50s or something like that, and be about Skynets attempt to kill Sarah Connor's mother, with Arnold's character protecting her.

Of course there is no telling if it would turn out good, but it sounded more interesting than the mess Genisys turned out to be. And since Arnold actually showed some acting chops in this one, having him play an actuall human being rather than a robot might have worked really good.
Post edited January 04, 2016 by Breja