It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Matewis: Then I thought: perhaps it's not that it's the 4th theme, but rather that it's the last one for a particular Bond:
- Connery's last Bond film's theme song : Never Say Never Again
- Moore's last Bond film's theme song : A View to a Kill
- Dalton's last Bond film's theme song : A license to Kill
Never Say Never again plainly sucks, and A View to a Kill isn't exactly stellar either. However, A license to Kill is pretty damn amazing.
Breja: It's no sure yet if this was Craig's last bond. Would that mean the next one will have an even worse song? And I didn't like A License to Kill much. The song that is. The movie is great, easily my second favourite Bond movie. But the song didn't do much for me. I liked The Living Daylights song way better.
Lol, perhaps, who knows. There's definitely room left for it to be worse, a whole lot worse compared to whatever the hell Madonna was thinking with that cacophony :P

Perhaps I'm exaggerating a bit when I say that A License to Kill's theme is amazing. I'm not a big fan of the song overall, but I do love this short part of it.
Breja: Oh come on guys, I know some of you actually do watch movies!
From the TV mostly, the free channels. Currently the newest movies they show on TV here are from around 2011. I very rarely go to cinemas nowadays, I think the last time was seeing Avatar in 3D, and I kinda wish I hadn't gone. It was a boring movie overall.

I would like to subscribe to e.g. Netflix or somesuch for newer movies, but those net TV services seem to mostly like to present TV series, not movies so much. The movies they show seem to be mostly the older movies we see on free TV channels already.

I saw Nacho Libre (2006) today on TV. I've seen it once before, but it was still funny. Not sure if it can be considered a bit racist movie but I don't care since I am not a wetback. If it was racist, then it was that in a kind way. It is not any more racist than how e.g. the Swedes depict us (Bastuklubben etc.), and I'm kinda ok with that too, after all we Finns do love to drink and stab each other in the sauna. We joke about Swedes as well, they are all queers after all so we wouldn't go to sauna with them, they'd probably try to fleshstab us.
Post edited January 02, 2016 by timppu
Best movie of the year: The Martian

The biggest positive surprise: Mad Max : Fury Road

The biggest negative surprise: TED 2

Worst movie of the year: Hitman Agent 47
Song of the Sea is on my must-watch list. I just love that artwork! (okay, it got screened in 2014, so not really a 1015 movie)

Besides that, this years movies didn't really woo me.
I haven't seen an awful lot of movies this year. At least not a lot of new ones.

I saw exactly 5 movies in theaters (that I remember):

- The Hobbit 3, which was kinda boring and even sillier than the first two Hobbit movies. Not to mention waaaay too long.

- The Man from U.N.C.L.E., which was a very pleasant surprise. I really enjoyed that one. And the attention to detail in the production design is just amazing.

- Minions: It's not exactly the greatest movie in the world, but it's perfect if you just want to have some brainless fun with your friends.

- Star Wars Episode VII You can find my detailed opinion on that one here

- Mr Holmes: Really beautiful movie, good, too. One of McKellen's best performances to date.

Other movies of note I've seen this year were Mad Max: Fury Road (after I finally got my hands on the Blu-Ray), Dracula Untold (for some reason that one struck a chord with me) and Pitch Perfect 2 (Can someone say guilty pleasure?:P).
Breja: Oh come on guys, I know some of you actually do watch movies!
timppu: From the TV mostly, the free channels. Currently the newest movies they show on TV here are from around 2011. I very rarely go to cinemas nowadays, I think the last time was seeing Avatar in 3D, and I kinda wish I hadn't gone. It was a boring movie overall.
Damn. And to think I find it disappointing when I see less than 20 movies in cinema in a year :D

Sidenote: Yep, Avatar sucked. Overrated, boring, unoriginal, redundant, paperthin, poorly acted and all round just bad. Kinda sad to think that is the highest grossing movie ever. Though most of the runner-ups are not much better, if at all.
Post edited January 03, 2016 by Breja
2015 marks an important date for me. It was the year that I didn't see a single movie released. Not a one. I've been hating on the sinking ship of Hollywood for a while, but there's usually at least one or two movies that catch my attention. During 2015 I found absolutely nothing worth wasting my money on. Not one ticket bought, not one new movie on dvd watched.

I think 2016 will have more of that.
Emob78: During 2015 I found absolutely nothing worth wasting my money on.
maybe you'll change your mind after watching Victoria
Yezemin: I haven't seen an awful lot of movies this year. At least not a lot of new ones.

I saw exactly 5 movies in theaters (that I remember):

- The Hobbit 3, which was kinda boring and even sillier than the first two Hobbit movies. Not to mention waaaay too long.

- The Man from U.N.C.L.E., which was a very pleasant surprise. I really enjoyed that one. And the attention to detail in the production design is just amazing.

- Minions: It's not exactly the greatest movie in the world, but it's perfect if you just want to have some brainless fun with your friends.

- Star Wars Episode VII You can find my detailed opinion on that one here

- Mr Holmes: Really beautiful movie, good, too. One of McKellen's best performances to date.

Other movies of note I've seen this year were Mad Max: Fury Road (after I finally got my hands on the Blu-Ray), Dracula Untold (for some reason that one struck a chord with me) and Pitch Perfect 2 (Can someone say guilty pleasure?:P).
I loved the first two, but having read the book I was pretty confused by the end of the 2nd film. There was plainly not enough left of the story for another full length film. There's too much that happens in the Hobbit book for a single film I think, but perhaps too little for three films, so I'm not sure what they should've done. I'm thinking that perhaps the Mirkwood part of the 2nd film should've been longer (in the book they were stuck in there for many days from what I remember), with the film ending with their arrival in laketown.
The Martian was my favourite movie of 2015.

A Hard Day was awesome as well, its a great Korean thriller.
Pressure deserves a special mention as well, its about divers being trapped underwater.
Also <span class="bold">Dead Lands</span>, a New Zealand historical action movie about Maoris.

Sci-fi movies from 2015 I thought were good, some might be more horror than sci-fi but...anyway:
These Final Hours, , [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyknfocH8t4]Parallels, Harbinger Down, Alien Outpost,, Extinction, Jurassic World, Star Wars, Mad Max.

Horror movies I enjoyed: , [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lm4x92nSREs]REC 4 Apocalypse, Dark Was the Night, Pod, ,[url= https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IKHRdf_oUQ] The Lazarus Effect.

Action movies: Kung Fu Killer, Avengers Age of Ultron, Kidnapping Mr. Heineken, Close Range, Yip Man 3.

Biggest disappointments for me: Terminator Genisys and Chappie.
I think Arnie's performance was the only good element in Genisys.
I thought the storyline in Chappie was quite bad. I had high expectations for this movie.
Post edited January 03, 2016 by R8V9F5A2
R8V9F5A2: Biggest disappointments for me: Terminator Genisys and Chappie.
I think Arnie's performance was the only good element in Genisys.
That was pretty much my opinion in a nutshell too. I was not exactly disappointed with Genisys simply because I was not expecting much from it to begin with. But Arnold's performance was actually really good, much better than I expected, so as a fan of his I found it worth watching just for that.
I havn't seen as many odd and interesting films as I should have last year. I did check out Antichrist, which probably makes up for all of it...

Some really great movies came out late 2014 like Interstellar, Nightcrawler, Edge of Tomorrow, Fury, John Wick, Gone Girl.

Best War Film: American Sniper

I realized this was released in 2015, great war film, less of a boring drama than I thought.
Post edited January 03, 2016 by bad_fur_day1
Matewis: I loved the first two, but having read the book I was pretty confused by the end of the 2nd film. There was plainly not enough left of the story for another full length film. There's too much that happens in the Hobbit book for a single film I think, but perhaps too little for three films, so I'm not sure what they should've done. I'm thinking that perhaps the Mirkwood part of the 2nd film should've been longer (in the book they were stuck in there for many days from what I remember), with the film ending with their arrival in laketown.
Had they stuck to their original plan of making two movies it probably would have been better. I really want to like the Hobbit movies, but they're not making it easy on me.
Matewis: I loved the first two, but having read the book I was pretty confused by the end of the 2nd film. There was plainly not enough left of the story for another full length film. There's too much that happens in the Hobbit book for a single film I think, but perhaps too little for three films, so I'm not sure what they should've done. I'm thinking that perhaps the Mirkwood part of the 2nd film should've been longer (in the book they were stuck in there for many days from what I remember), with the film ending with their arrival in laketown.
Yezemin: Had they stuck to their original plan of making two movies it probably would have been better. I really want to like the Hobbit movies, but they're not making it easy on me.
Well if nothing else, at least we got another trilogy worth of incredibly music By Howard Shore :)
The second and third Hobbit movies are horrendous. But those are nightmares form 2013 and 2014, so I've already gone on about those at length back then. Suffice it to say I hold The Desolation of Smaug to be a new Highlander 2 and Phantom Menace, a total, insulting ruination of a great movie franchise, delivered bafflingly enough by the same man who created it in the first place.