It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Huh. I have to say, this is a definite step in the right direction and makes me optimistic. I'm impressed that they actually seemed to notice the "right" forum members, so to speak, and invite them. Thanks for sharing your guys' experiences!
lazydog: Why are we hearing this through/from you?
Because the 6 of us that were invited thought it would be a good idea to make a forum post about it. We discussed it with GOG during the meeting, they also thought it was a good idea, so we tried to coordinate for a proper post that wouldn't break any NDAs.
low rated
lazydog: I would like to ask one question:

Why are we hearing this through/from you?
GR00T: Is there an issue with that? I'm not sure I understand what you're asking. Or are you wondering why GOG themselves didn't post it?
I am precisely wondering why GOG did not post it themselves.

I am also wondering precisely why all almost all most questionable points have been answered by people who have absolutely no affiliation with GOG but somehow now have spokesman capabilities, especially as I personally believe more than one of these chosen few toe the GOG line.

Are we forum members seriously to believe in this order:

1. NDA
2. Naivete.
2 Complicated.

Are you spokesman able to clarify that?
lazydog: I am precisely wondering why GOG did not post it themselves.

I am also wondering precisely why all almost all most questionable points have been answered by people who have absolutely no affiliation with GOG but somehow now have spokesman capabilities, especially as I personally believe more than one of these chosen few toe the GOG line.

Are we forum members seriously to believe in this order:

1. NDA
2. Naivete.
2 Complicated.

Sorry, your post is a little confusing, but...are you...somehow accusing the 6 people invited of being too pro-GOG and lying to you? Because I know somebody who got an invite (but didn't go due to time restrictions) and personally know that he's one of the harshest critics of GOG to say the LEAST. They definitely weren't trying to invite fanboys and I seriously doubt these guys are putting us on.
Post edited October 06, 2017 by zeogold
lazydog: Are we forum members seriously to believe in this order:

1. NDA
2. Naivete.
2 Complicated.

I don't understand what you mean here.

'Spokesmen'? We're just community members who happened to be the ones chosen to go and visit GOG's HQ, and we're passing along what we can about the experience and about the answers GOG provided to our questions. Bottom line is this: believe us or don't. There's nothing we can do to convince you otherwise if you think that I - or any others among us - are just GOG shills.
Because any post coming from staff would be viewed with distrust. A post coming from me should be judged by my previous posts, and same goes for the other 5 people (4 of which have so far presented themselves).

lazydog: 1. NDA
I could scan and censor it a bit if you'd like to see my NDA.

lazydog: 2. Naivete.
No. I believe that Naivete explains a few things, and I'm giving you my view on that. The other 5 do seem to agree with my view, or at least they did when I asked them if they also got the same impression.

lazydog: 3 Complicated.
PaterAlf and MarkoH01 are two Germans that are quite vocal against regional pricing. They did spend a couple of hours grilling GOG staff about that, and they are satisfied with "Complicated". NDAs do prevent them from giving more information, so they are asking if them saying it's complicated after having heard the lengthier version is enough. It's not GOG saying that it's complicated, it's people who got the unfiltered info from GOG saying it's complicated.
JMich: I could scan and censor it a bit if you'd like to see my NDA.
Woah, is that what he means? He doesn't believe we signed NDAs? If so, I... don't know what to say about that.
GR00T: Woah, is that what he means? He doesn't believe we signed NDAs? If so, I... don't know what to say about that.
No idea if that's what he means. I'm not sure if we have a picture of the slide about what the NDA meant, though that could possibly also work.
low rated
JMich: Because any post coming from staff would be viewed with distrust. A post coming from me should be judged by my previous posts, and same goes for the other 5 people (4 of which have so far presented themselves).

JMich: I could scan and censor it a bit if you'd like to see my NDA.

lazydog: 2. Naivete.
JMich: No. I believe that Naivete explains a few things, and I'm giving you my view on that. The other 5 do seem to agree with my view, or at least they did when I asked them if they also got the same impression.

lazydog: 3 Complicated.
JMich: PaterAlf and MarkoH01 are two Germans that are quite vocal against regional pricing. They did spend a couple of hours grilling GOG staff about that, and they are satisfied with "Complicated". NDAs do prevent them from giving more information, so they are asking if them saying it's complicated after having heard the lengthier version is enough. It's not GOG saying that it's complicated, it's people who got the unfiltered info from GOG saying it's complicated.
By your words, if any post from GOG can and is expected to be viewed with distrust, then frankly the war is lost.

I have some measured respect for you playing their game, I would have you understand that much.

I see little else to say, other than the points I previously raised and that they are by no means complicated- GOG has chosen to complicate them and now GOG has chosen you to placate us.

My wallet does not listen to fashionable rhetoric.
high rated
lazydog: I see little else to say, other than the points I previously raised and that they are by no means complicated- GOG has chosen to complicate them and now GOG has chosen you to placate us.
It would be nice start if the points you raised actually made any sense first.
lazydog: other than the points I previously raised and that they are by no means complicated
So again, what clarification would you want us to give, without us breaking our NDAs?
The naivete is what we got from them telling us their side of the galaxy installers announcement. 6 of us were watching them tell the story, and the body and voice queues made me think that they were sincere in what they were saying. So naivete is the word I chose to describe what they did.
Regional pricing is a complicated issue. Can't mention numbers (we did get them), can't mention names (we did get those as well), can't mention business strategies (we also got some of those), but it all boils down to a complicated mess.

And again not sure what you mean with NDAs. Do you not believe we signed them? Do you think that NDA is a blanket excuse for us not to talk about stuff? Or something else entirely?

P.S. We may be able to get fables or elcook to chime in the thread, but they are currently out of office. But feel free to ask us for any clarifications.

Edit: It is late here. I won't be online anymore today, so if there is something you'd like me to answer, it will have to wait a few hours. I'm not sure if Gr00t will be online, but I will happily answer any of your concerns you have when I wake up tomorrow.
Post edited October 07, 2017 by JMich
zeogold: Huh. I have to say, this is a definite step in the right direction and makes me optimistic. I'm impressed that they actually seemed to notice the "right" forum members, so to speak, and invite them. Thanks for sharing your guys' experiences!
You mean you didn't get an invite? How could Gog not invite the Great Puzzlemaster into Gog's inner sanctum. :P
An hour ago this thread made sense.

What the hell happened? :P
this naivete thing. I guess that's what's surprised me most out of this. I generally wouldn't think they would have been surprised by what happened. I figure these things are calculated to the point where they knew beforehand that there would be a reaction but they were proceeding anyway because of the plan. at the time I thought that the breadth and intensity of the reaction surprised them a little, but that was owing largely to user familiarity and negative previous experiences with certain similar types of UX.. yeah I don't know either. why am I trying so hard to phrase that neutrally.

But anyway, see we don't get the flow of information that they do and it affects how they see things. we don't see those support requests, but they do.

I never thought there was any correlation between the Valve hate meme and any growing dissent from the gog core but now I'm not so sure. makes me wonder if there is some bigger common cultural tide at work.

edit: oh and by the way I think it's fucking awesome that you guys got a tour. i so jelly. I hope u took pictures of yourself with the big geralt or something. also, you didn't mention swag. gog did send you home with some swag right? you're supposed to get a swag bag!
Post edited October 07, 2017 by johnnygoging
zeogold: Huh. I have to say, this is a definite step in the right direction and makes me optimistic. I'm impressed that they actually seemed to notice the "right" forum members, so to speak, and invite them. Thanks for sharing your guys' experiences!
BenKii: You mean you didn't get an invite? How could Gog not invite the Great Puzzlemaster into Gog's inner sanctum. :P
I mean, as notable as I am, what would I do? I don't have even half the tech and money knowledge that those who got an invite do, not to mention I haven't been here nearly as long (they can talk about pricing issues and forum problems in much smarter detail than I can). Not to mention I'm not even a "loyal" customer so to speak, considering I use Steam more, nor am I somebody who was pissed off enough to stop buying from them. The most I could possibly do is give them information about the community itself and the people in it. Other than that, all I'd be doing is regurgitating information I've gotten from other people.