It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Ever wished you could just go back to the 80s or 90s and all the great, classic games you once played, or explore ones that you’ve only seen on videos? Well, on GOG you don’t have to wish anymore – we bring the classics to you! Get ready, because 4 incredible titles are about to join our catalog, straight from Bitwave Games!

Flying Shark
Dating for 1987, it's an action-packed, military-themed vertically scrolling shoot 'em up game that puts you in command of a powerful biplane. Your mission is to navigate through five progressively challenging levels and combat a variety of military adversaries, including tanks, battleships, airplanes, and artillery. Prepare for intense aerial battles and demonstrate your skills!

Fire Shark
A sequel to the Flying Shark and first released in 1989, it’s an modern update of an adrenaline-pumping, classic shoot-'em-up action game. Brace yourself, as an evil and supremely dominant military force threatens to conquer not only a small nation but the entire world; and it's up to you to rise to the challenge, defeat the enemy, and claim your rightful place of honor.

Hellfire
This title brings the renowned 1989 arcade classic to life, complete with precise arcade emulation, quick save options, and a variety of other features. Prepare yourself for an intense challenge, where you'll encounter a blood-boiling array of intricate decisions, stunning graphics, and relentless alien ambushes from all directions. Relying solely on firepower won't suffice; your success hinges on using your weapons strategically and with great prowess!

Slap Fight
Coming to modern systems straight from 1986, this game will engage you in an intense battle against computing supremacy, armed with the only force that truly matters: FIREPOWER! You’ll get a chance to immerse yourself in the mind-bending world, where gauge-based power-ups and strategic gameplay will put your skills to the ultimate test. With this adrenaline-pumping experience of a thrilling arcade classic, you’ll be the one to determine who’s truly victorious in the fight for the galaxy.

Soon on GOG!
maeschba: Linux versions announced. Great! Bring these also to the ones already available, please.
Considering that the vol1 on gog was stripped of linux and mac builds afaik, I wouldn't hold my breath for vol2 having them. The whole text was likely just copypasted over from steam, where the native linux build is available.
aluinie: Flying shark and slap fight are good games.
but be warned:

if you play at the original difficulty, it's also hard as nails.

also:

yyyaaaaaaayyy! slap fight :)

dumped a lot of quarters into this one a billion years ago.
Post edited August 05, 2023 by lostwolfe
maeschba: Linux versions announced. Great! Bring these also to the ones already available, please.
Spectrum_Legacy: Considering that the vol1 on gog was stripped of linux and mac builds afaik, I wouldn't hold my breath for vol2 having them. The whole text was likely just copypasted over from steam, where the native linux build is available.
Bitwave games confirmed to my inquiry that they are working on non-Steam Mac and Linux builds. Publishing Vol. 2 has priority, though.
maeschba: Bitwave games confirmed to my inquiry that they are working on non-Steam Mac and Linux builds. Publishing Vol. 2 has priority, though.
That's good stuff, dude.
Looks good - especially the local co-operation versions "Fire Shark" and "Hell Fire".
Do they use just emulators or have they changed the code?
The screen resolution seems low - hope these are just screen shots having low quality,
not the game graphics ...
At the other gaming platform one gives "Planned Release Date: 24 Aug, 2023" ...
so we will see when GOG will get it - and when the GNU/Linux version is available
on the Offline Installer ... even if games got released on GOG for Linux, frequently
they are late to the game ... without any notice about that ...
Arcade games running on GNU/Linux are always welcome ... ;)
Post edited August 08, 2023 by JMB9
JMB9: Do they use just emulators or have they changed the code?
like the other four from them, they, the actual games, are the arcade roms. the best versions possible.
of course the games still have to be emulated well/perfectly with whatever emulator/method used, otherwise they could make them worse, but the game files are (licensed/official) rom dumps.

here's an early tip for some who will get slap fight, especially (get all four!!) and is not already aware of this original built in trick. start a game of slapfight and do not touch the controls. do not move your ship at all. let it be killed by the first projectile. the next life you will spawn with the maxed out (size wise) ship. still no extra power ups, so you will move slowly, but it's a great help if you need it.

remember too that on gog, i almost guarantee the same as last time, in that to grab all four at once with (hopefully) a discount for pack buy, look at lower right corner of page and click "buy all four" or such. will probably be easy to miss. but there should be that option at the lower right of each page - to buy all four at once and with hopefully a lower bundle price.

..THE EXCITEMENT MOUNTS, ON WITH THE BODY COUNT!!
Hey everyone, I'm happy to see excitement for the games that will be released today.
Unfortunately, the Linux version won't be ready today, but we are working to release them in the near future.

Regarding the mac version, we/I messed up the communication on that one. Mac was never intended to be released on GOG, and I'm sorry for the confusion.

Cheers,
Marcus
Bitwave Games
Marcus_Drake: Hey everyone, I'm happy to see excitement for the games that will be released today.
Unfortunately, the Linux version won't be ready today, but we are working to release them in the near future.

Regarding the mac version, we/I messed up the communication on that one. Mac was never intended to be released on GOG, and I'm sorry for the confusion.

Cheers,
Marcus
Bitwave Games
Thanks for the heads-up Marcus!

"- Choose between Raw Input on Windows or Steam Input." https://www.bitwavegames.com/games/hellfire

Steam Input is great, but makes porting less easy. Thanks for bringing the great Toaplan shooters here!