It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Ever wished you could just go back to the 80s or 90s and all the great, classic games you once played, or explore ones that you’ve only seen on videos? Well, on GOG you don’t have to wish anymore – we bring the classics to you! Get ready, because 4 incredible titles are about to join our catalog, straight from Bitwave Games!

Flying Shark
Dating for 1987, it's an action-packed, military-themed vertically scrolling shoot 'em up game that puts you in command of a powerful biplane. Your mission is to navigate through five progressively challenging levels and combat a variety of military adversaries, including tanks, battleships, airplanes, and artillery. Prepare for intense aerial battles and demonstrate your skills!

Fire Shark
A sequel to the Flying Shark and first released in 1989, it’s an modern update of an adrenaline-pumping, classic shoot-'em-up action game. Brace yourself, as an evil and supremely dominant military force threatens to conquer not only a small nation but the entire world; and it's up to you to rise to the challenge, defeat the enemy, and claim your rightful place of honor.

Hellfire
This title brings the renowned 1989 arcade classic to life, complete with precise arcade emulation, quick save options, and a variety of other features. Prepare yourself for an intense challenge, where you'll encounter a blood-boiling array of intricate decisions, stunning graphics, and relentless alien ambushes from all directions. Relying solely on firepower won't suffice; your success hinges on using your weapons strategically and with great prowess!

Slap Fight
Coming to modern systems straight from 1986, this game will engage you in an intense battle against computing supremacy, armed with the only force that truly matters: FIREPOWER! You’ll get a chance to immerse yourself in the mind-bending world, where gauge-based power-ups and strategic gameplay will put your skills to the ultimate test. With this adrenaline-pumping experience of a thrilling arcade classic, you’ll be the one to determine who’s truly victorious in the fight for the galaxy.

Soon on GOG!
Flying shark and slap fight are good games.
If Bitwave could secure the rights to re-release the first couple 90s installments in the Chō Aniki series on PC, that'd be great.
Post edited August 04, 2023 by Swedrami
Cannot wait. Titles I know since the age of the C64 (we had no arcades here in germany).
Post edited August 04, 2023 by Anime-BlackWolf
Flying Shark is awesome and if I have the money I will buy it.
I just wish it would come with the CPC6128, Atari ST and Amiga versions as they are all unique in their own ways, ok mostly nostalgia, but still great home ports.
Nice..... wonder if they will have options for Vertical Monitors?
Is it just me or does the description for Hellfire here in the news post not match the game linked to? Like at all.
high rated
MasterofFiction: Is it just me or does the description for Hellfire here in the news post not match the game linked to? Like at all.
GOG chose the wrong Hellfire game for the description:
https://www.mobygames.com/game/74213/hellfire/
MasterofFiction: Is it just me or does the description for Hellfire here in the news post not match the game linked to? Like at all.
That's because someone copied the blurb from another game of the same name, available on Steam.
Attachments:
Linux versions announced. Great! Bring these also to the ones already available, please.
GOG, as others have pointed, be careful when copy pasting the description of video games, Hellfire is off.
maeschba: Linux versions announced. Great! Bring these also to the ones already available, please.
Don't get excited yet. It's not that uncommon for "coming soon" games to be listed as having Mac and/or Linux versions that turn out to not exist upon the games' actual release. I say wait until after they're out to be enthused. ;)
wolfsite: Nice..... wonder if they will have options for Vertical Monitors?
I remember seeing some buzz about the vertical shooters supporting 90 degree rotations of the screen. Hopefully someone can confirm or add a tag to GOG for titles that support portrait-mode/vertical monitors.
FlamingFirewire: I remember seeing some buzz about the vertical shooters supporting 90 degree rotations of the screen. Hopefully someone can confirm or add a tag to GOG for titles that support portrait-mode/vertical monitors.
All four of them have "Rotate the gameplay in 90-degree increments" in the list of bullet points on the store page. What more would you want to see for confirmation?
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!

TRA LA LA.....