It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Today we’re in for another dose of video game nostalgia. Check these 3 classic titles that are sure to bring back memories and give you loads of fun:

Discoveries of the Deep from 1993 is an underwater simulation game where you join an expedition to the unexplored abyss – a fascinating world of strange creatures, lost vessels, and a wealth of untold secrets.

Sands of Fire is a tank simulator released in 1990. You take control of forty tons of pure armored destruction during World War II in North Africa. Devastate the opposing forces with superior tactics, cunning strategy, and tremendous might!

Search for the Titanic is yet another underwater exploration game, this time from 1989. As an inexperienced oceanographer, you must build your skills, reputation, crew, and resources along your journey to find the lost Titanic.

Until 9th April 2021, 10:30 AM UTC, all three mentioned above classic titles are available on GOG.COM with a 33% discount.
Gabumon: dont forget the Terrible "Operation Bodycount" :D
That game eluded me in the past, I've seen several reviews and walkthroughts of it so I know what's this about, I always mused that it was done by another team. I would buy it anyway along with TekWar (yet William Shatner might not be persuaded that easily).

As for Corridor 7 - I have to have, for me it's the best Wolf3D engine game after Wolfenstein 3D: Spear of Destiny (and much weaker Wolfenstein 3D + Nocturnal Missions).
Post edited April 03, 2021 by Cadaver747
Tried the two nautical sims and I can say that surpringsingly the oldie 1989 Search for the Titanic is a better game than the 1993 Discoveries of the Deep.
All is more technical, simmer, authentic, interesting and replayable even with the ugly CGA colours.

Discoveries has VGA graphics, all is more straightforward and apparently gamey and playable but the interface and graphics, and as a game, is not the best I'd say.

The concept in both games is very attractive and singular. I can only remember other title similar to these. Sea Rogue. I Hope one day it is available here. It is said to be superior to above ones.
Gawd, still no WWII GI.
Cadaver747: As for Test Drive series which was mentioned I would personally love to get Test Drive 2: The Duel, the Amiga port.
One of the forerunners of voiced games, so definitely it should be available, even if saying just "The Duel" during the title screen isn't much.
Curious to see a Three-Sixty Pacific game here. Perhaps we'll see some more of their games in the future.
Post edited April 03, 2021 by igrok
PixelBoy: As for Test Drive series which was mentioned I would personally love to get Test Drive 2: The Duel, the Amiga port.
Interesting. That one is really old.
Gudadantza: Tried the two nautical sims and I can say that surpringsingly the oldie 1989 Search for the Titanic is a better game than the 1993 Discoveries of the Deep.
All is more technical, simmer, authentic, interesting and replayable even with the ugly CGA colours.

Discoveries has VGA graphics, all is more straightforward and apparently gamey and playable but the interface and graphics, and as a game, is not the best I'd say.

The concept in both games is very attractive and singular. I can only remember other title similar to these. Sea Rogue. I Hope one day it is available here. It is said to be superior to above ones.
Simple. Discoverys of the Deep is more or less a remake of the "Search for the Titanic"
Gudadantza: Tried the two nautical sims and I can say that surpringsingly the oldie 1989 Search for the Titanic is a better game than the 1993 Discoveries of the Deep.

Gabumon: Simple. Discoverys of the Deep is more or less a remake of the "Search for the Titanic"
Not very good remake in my opinion. It is even very limited in the number of missions/wrecks to discover. I guess that the diving part itself should be more involving or bigger than the old title. But what i tried in the sim part, graphics and interface is not the best. I don't know but I prefer the prehistoric spreadsheet aspect of the old title.
WinterSnowfall: Thanks for the sort-of-naval sims, GOG, but can't help wondering... how did Zoom manage to snag Wolfpack and you did not?
Man... When I first joined GOG in 2010 I was thrilled to see "Red Baron" here (one of the first games I bought here). I was expecting "Aces of the Deep" to land here sooner or later (just like all the other Dynamix games) as well as the Novalogic sims.
More than 10 years later and I'm still waiting... :(

And where are the old Origin and LucasArts flight sims, GOG?
WinterSnowfall: Thanks for the sort-of-naval sims, GOG, but can't help wondering... how did Zoom manage to snag Wolfpack and you did not?
karnak1: Man... When I first joined GOG in 2010 I was thrilled to see "Red Baron" here (one of the first games I bought here). I was expecting "Aces of the Deep" to land here sooner or later (just like all the other Dynamix games) as well as the Novalogic sims.
More than 10 years later and I'm still waiting... :(

And where are the old Origin and LucasArts flight sims, GOG?
I Agree.

The Dynamix seres of simulators, plus the fantastic Lucasarts WWII flight sims would be amazing. Even the first Silent Hunter would be something over the top. I have not much faith in the rest of Silent Hunter games available herenot counting SH2, obviously, because If I am not mistaken they are in Ubisoft hands and it has been a desert for titles from them, even the old ones, for a long time.
karnak1: Man... When I first joined GOG in 2010 I was thrilled to see "Red Baron" here (one of the first games I bought here). I was expecting "Aces of the Deep" to land here sooner or later (just like all the other Dynamix games) as well as the Novalogic sims.
I'm not sure why we are not getting the NovaLogic sims at least, since THQ Nordic acquired their IP in 2016. I miss playing Comanche in all its DOS glory. Those voxelated landscapes will always smell like childhood to me :P.
Post edited April 04, 2021 by WinterSnowfall
WinterSnowfall: I'm not sure why we are not getting the NovaLogic sims at least, since THQ Nordic acquired their IP in 2016. I miss playing Comanche in all its DOS glory. Those voxelated landscapes will always smell like childhood to me :P.
It's even stranger considering that we already have the Delta Force games here. I wonder whether there's some sort of issue involving the republishing of those old sims.
I think both GOG and THQ are sleeping over a goldmine by not publishing those helicopter and tank sims (wasn't F22 also a Novalogic game?). I'd certainly buy every single one of them and I think I wouldn't be the only customer.
Also Armored Fist series (there is already Armored Fist 3 on steam)
FulVal: Also Armored Fist series (there is already Armored Fist 3 on steam)
I didn't remember that Armored Fist 3 was available on steam. And there are other Novalogic classics there as well (F22, Comanche 4, F16, F29). For some bizarre reason the games seem to have very mediocre reviews, mostly tied to config issues, apparently.
I wonder if that's the reason why GOG doesn't want them here?