It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Yep, now we need to downvote all reviews with information that the game is broken, since it's fixed.
So they got the DOS version after all? Hooray!

What a pity that I will be able to play on Monday at best....
HAH!

I just got on the site and saw the 50% off weekend and I immediately rushed to these forums to see if any solution was found.

Great job, GOG. Both the Dos version AND a 50% off at the same time. Made my day.
Thank you so much GOG!!!!!
W00t!!!! Downloading as I write this. Great work GOG!!! Please, please let this work

EDIT: Yaaay! Earth 2140 is back! :D
Just done a few of the first UCS missions and the enemy is back to their overwhelming best! I really had to fight them off. Some minor sound glitches but well worth putting up with for that aggressive AI

Message to GOG
Thank you for listening to us!
Now to write up another review and this time the Tigers have teeth!

EDIT MkII: Drat! I cant amend my previous review :(
Post edited February 10, 2012 by Geraldine
GOG DELIVERED FINALLY!

Now it's time to test the famed 2140 DOS AI. Hoorah.
Is the DOS version installed with DOSBox with it or do you need to get DOSBox yourself then install the DOS version? Thanks.
book99: Is the DOS version installed with DOSBox with it or do you need to get DOSBox yourself then install the DOS version? Thanks.
DOSBox included as is usual of DOS GOGs. It's not just some game archive but an ordinary GOG installer package.
THAT is great news! Thank you for confirming!
About mid way through the UCS missions and the AI is very sneaky indeed! I sent an all out assault on an ED Base. Unknown to me the ED had hidden its own assault force way off in a corner of the map. The little beggars countered attacked and very nearly trashed my base! Only a massive retreat saved the day. Oh yea, 2140 is back. Also watch out for drop ships sneaking in sabotage teams into your base while your busy. Little Eye gun emplacements near your critical buildings help! :D
It is indeed a great feeling, when people at your favourite company fulfil their promises and finally deliver the product as we all remember it, that is: enjoyable to insanely hard (which is even more enjoyable :D )

Consider this thread to be no longer relevant. The AI in the DOS version of the game is the original challenging version with the fantastic oldschool RTS gameplay.

Thanks GOG, our prayers were answered.

Now I see that I can't edit my review in which I (and others) reflected the bad AI. GOG should consider to allow us to edit the reviews or just manually delete those with negative ratings due to the issue. I am willing to give 5 star ratings to the game now :)
Post edited February 12, 2012 by Adam23
Adam23: Now I see that I can't edit my review in which I (and others) reflected the bad AI. GOG should consider to allow us to edit the reviews or just manually delete those with negative ratings due to the issue. I am willing to give 5 star ratings to the game now :)
I believe that if you contact our Support they'll help you with that :)
Adam23: Consider this thread to be no longer relevant.
I disagree with you Adam, I think this thread shows not only how gaming fans working together to highlight a problem can bring rewards, but for GOG, it also shows that they care about their customers by listening to them and acting on it. Its a win win for everyone. If I was a site admin, I would sticky this thread and show it as a good example of we gaming fans and GOG working together to restore gaming classics to their full working condition.
+1 For GOG
+1 For everyone who contributed to the thread :)
Geraldine: I disagree with you Adam...
OK, you are right, will modify it.
I would like to thank GOG, for once again showing that the way to combat piracy is to offer a better product. Thank you for reacting to the fans' feedback and taking the time to properly release and support this title.

Given the recent head-ache inducing "incidents" in some of the competing digital distribution networks, your attitude is a whiff of welcome fresh air. Please, keep up the good work!