It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Good morning guys.

I got a pb when trying to install this patch. I got an error message saying the patch can't find the installation and close. The old patch worked just fine and i can stil llaunch the game, which means the intallation was done regularly. Also the installation of the precedent patch went just fine. Any thoughts?

Thank you in advance
The patches can be overly "sensitive" - try rerunning the original D:OS installer and subsequent patches (up to 1.0.75) before running the 1.0.81 patch (I found I had to do this). Doing so should not affect saved games, but it may be prudent to back them up first (under ...Documents\Larian Studios\Divinity Original Sin\Savegames\<YourSaveName>').
Thank for your advice but for me it still does the same-_-; Deleted and reinstalled foe the same effect. No ai personalities for me i guess...
I'm having the same issue - can't find the original installation when trying the new patch. Tried reinstalling but no joy...
yup having the same problem. anyone managed to update successfully?
Was having a similar problem. I reinstalled the game at version 1.074, then patch to 1.0.75. Then finally to 1.0.81. Now the game crashes at the Larian intro screen
awebner: Now the game crashes at the Larian intro screen
Did you try starting the game after re-installing, before the patches?

If re-installing again doesn't help, try browsing to the '..\Documents\Larian Studios' folder and renaming the 'Divinity Original Sin' subfolder.
This folder contains the saved games, configuration files and a level cache folder. Deleting or renaming it will get the game to recreate it on startup; playing the game from a different Windows user account would effectively do the same thing.
After that, see if you can start the game. If so, create a new profile, exit, and then move your current saves from the renamed folder to the newly created profile's savegames folder.
im having a different but none the less equally frustrating error. i had some issues with the game crashing sometimes so i just did a clean install today and when i try to patch it up to 1.0.81 the patcher just locks up around 99% or so. and it never finishes. i have no idea whats wrong.

ive tried to start the game and create a profile before patching, done with and without the dlc and nothing works, i still cant get the game patched to the current version
dalaughinman: im having a different but none the less equally frustrating error. i had some issues with the game crashing sometimes so i just did a clean install today and when i try to patch it up to 1.0.81 the patcher just locks up around 99% or so. and it never finishes. i have no idea whats wrong.

ive tried to start the game and create a profile before patching, done with and without the dlc and nothing works, i still cant get the game patched to the current version
That´s my problem, too. I installed the game yesterday, then downloaded the latest patch (1.0.81). The installation freezes at 99%. I waited almost 30min then I got an error message...

After that I tried to install patch "1.0.57 to 1.0.74" first but the patch doesn´t start to install because it can´t find the game.
dalaughinman: im having a different but none the less equally frustrating error. i had some issues with the game crashing sometimes so i just did a clean install today and when i try to patch it up to 1.0.81 the patcher just locks up around 99% or so. and it never finishes. i have no idea whats wrong.

TheSoulcollector: That´s my problem, too. I installed the game yesterday, then downloaded the latest patch (1.0.81). The installation freezes at 99%. I waited almost 30min then I got an error message...

After that I tried to install patch "1.0.57 to 1.0.74" first but the patch doesn´t start to install because it can´t find the game.
I'm having the same problem also. patch_divinity_original_sin_2.5.0.11 says game installation not found and 2.6.0.13 goes to 99% and then freezes.
TheSoulcollector: That´s my problem, too. I installed the game yesterday, then downloaded the latest patch (1.0.81). The installation freezes at 99%. I waited almost 30min then I got an error message...

Zaroua: I'm having the same problem also. patch_divinity_original_sin_2.5.0.11 says game installation not found and 2.6.0.13 goes to 99% and then freezes.
it sorta fixed itself, i left it run for like 6hrs overnight and it was done when i got up. so ya... you can just leave it for a while i guess
I installed the Patch again, installation freezes as usual at 99%, after a few minutes I again got the error message ("some errors occured, please read patchlog..."). But when I start the game it tells me that the game is already updated to version: 1.0.81. So I think it worked anyway because the game doesn´t crash anymore while saving as it does before.
Post edited July 24, 2014 by TheSoulcollector
I am having the same problem except I can't install the first update (its called patch_divinity_original_sin_2.5.0.11 but I don't know what version it patches to) because the installer won't detect the game. Ironically, the second update (patch_divinity_original_sin_2.6.0.13) works just fine.
sleepkills: patch_divinity_original_sin_2.5.0.11 but I don't know what version it patches to
That is the 1.0.57+ to 1.0.74 patch, which is not needed if you have the latest version of the full installer (which is 1.0.74 already); the error message is just not very helpful.
Post edited July 24, 2014 by Raze_Larian
Hello.

I am totally confused. I have used an installer which has the name "setup_divinity_original_sin_2.0.0.2" But the game says it is version 1.0.37 or something like that. I had no internet for over a week, and thought to look for patches and I found two, and the dlc. The installer now (any maybe even when I downloaded it) says 1.074
Those say: 1.0.57+ to 1.0.74 and 1.0.74 to 1.0.81, while the dlc is 2.5.0.
None of those three find the base game and I can't install any of them as I seem to have a really old version?

I am confused by the naming of my files in comparison to the version numbers of the game.

Can somebody help with that? What should I do to play with patches?