It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

CEO said also there WILL BE NO MICROTRANSACTONS in CYBERPUNK 2077.
Well yes, and there none as we know of. Monetization, not microtransactions. Do you see any MTX anywhere? This whole monetization is still in a very early stage.

https://wccftech.com/cyberpunk-2077-multiplayer-a-smaller-project-thats-just-starting-monetization-will-be-wise/

CEO Adam Kiciński “As far as the monetization of multiplayer for Cyberpunk is concerned, we believe right now it’s definitely too early to share any details on that or give guidance; the project is in a relatively early stage. We keep experimenting – that’s our first multiplayer game. We check various options and possibilities, and it’s definitely not the time to point you to a specific direction on that. Of course you can expect that we won’t change our general policy towards “deals with gamers” so I expect wise monetization and – always – value for money.”
Post edited November 25, 2019 by xgribbelfix

xgribbelfix: Well yes, and there none as we know of. Monetization, not microtransactions. Do you see any MTX anywhere? This whole monetization is still in a very early stage.
There is no other Possibility if the CEO wants YOU to spend MORE Money but he wont sell you DLCs...
And that they even consider it is a step int he wrong direction. I do not want to become the Products of CDPR Fifa20,Fallout76 or BF5-like with all those "optional" and "cosmetics only" (ahem...) and Battlepass/XP-Booster-Bullshit.

It has to get stoped at the Beginning....!

xgribbelfix: Well yes, and there none as we know of. Monetization, not microtransactions. Do you see any MTX anywhere? This whole monetization is still in a very early stage.

https://wccftech.com/cyberpunk-2077-multiplayer-a-smaller-project-thats-just-starting-monetization-will-be-wise/

CEO Adam Kiciński “As far as the monetization of multiplayer for Cyberpunk is concerned, we believe right now it’s definitely too early to share any details on that or give guidance; the project is in a relatively early stage. We keep experimenting – that’s our first multiplayer game. We check various options and possibilities, and it’s definitely not the time to point you to a specific direction on that. Of course you can expect that we won’t change our general policy towards “deals with gamers” so I expect wise monetization and – always – value for money.”
You do not understand english or? Seriously..
The CEO said in an INTERVIEW that there will be >>NO MICROTRANSACTIONS<<, NO, NOTHING NADA NJIENTE....
That is what CDPR claimed for YEARS.... and now they introduce it.

Did you even listened to the Conference Recording? Did you even read the Links I provided? Seams not...

15th October 2019:
"The head of CD Projekt Red’s Krakow studio, John Mamais, has said that Cyberpunk 2077 >>>won't contain any microtransactions<<<, and called the practice of adding them into a game after release a "bad idea."
In an interview with Gamespot, Mamais said, "I think it's a bad idea to do microtransactions after you release a game. It seems like it's very profitable, though. It's probably a hard decision for the guy that runs the business to decide if we should do it or not. "But if everyone hates it, why would we do something like that and lose the goodwill of our customers?""

So my 60€ where not enought? CDPR thinks about "making me spend EVEN MORE"...?
Canceled my Preorder so CDPR went from 60€ down to 0€.
Do not get me wrong: I spend Money on games like World of Tanks.. but they are FREE-2-Play...
Cyberpunk 2077 is NOT FREE-2-Play...

Ask Adam Kiciński how he MONETIZES lost Customers. I am sure he has a clever Answer...
Post edited November 25, 2019 by rembrandt2323
Mailanka: That said, my point about urgency doesn't really have to do with how fast or slow CDPR may or may not descend into the hell-pits of corporate greed. It has to do with everyone's urgency to condemn and/or know. Look, we have one, count them one, phone call that sounds like he's talking about "monetizing the user base." Let's be honest: corporations that don't make money don't survive long. Let us presume for a moment that CDPR are saintly saints, the chosen ones to deliver us from the hell of the AAA industry. Are they do to it by running their company like a charity? No, they do it by "monetizing their customers." How do they do that? Well, one way is to sell games, but a quick glance at the market shows that the top tier companies are making far more money from other forms of monetization. If CDPR is to become a top tier company, they need to look at more than just selling games.
Monetization has been used to indicate a very specific way of making money, which is DLC and microtransactions. I am OK with DLCs as long as they're meaningful and worth the price tag (see TW3), but I'm not with microtransactions of any kind.

Mailanka: Does that necessarily translate into abusive practices? No. Warframe "monetizes its customer base" and does so reasonably. Could CDPR do something similarly productive (say, create a standalone, free multiplayer Cyberpunk 2077 game that has the sort of monetization that Warframe has)? Yes.
Big difference here: CP2077 is a 60 euros paid title whereas Warframe (which I play, and for which I've also spent money for) is a F2P game where ALL gameplay content is and will be free forever. This is the only case where I am OK with microtransactions, as it's the ONE way through which the devs make money to stay afloat.

To sum it up: you either make me pay for the game upfront and nothing else, or you give me free access to the base game and make me pay for extras if/when I decide that I want them.

Mailanka: Does that mean they will and there's no cause for concern? No. We just don't know. And that's my objection.

[...cut...]

I say they've earned our patience, and I also say our patience costs us nothing. We'll know in April if there's cause for concern, and freaking out after we know is much more effective than freaking out early based on assumptions.
I've seen this pattern repeating itself way too many times to be unconcerned this time around, even if it is CDPR we're talking about. Again, this doesn't mean that I won't buy the game, it just means that I won't buy it before release or at day one.
rembrandt2323: You do not understand english or? Seriously..
The CEO said in an INTERVIEW that there will be >>NO MICROTRANSACTIONS<<, NO, NOTHING NADA NJIENTE....
That is what CDPR claimed for YEARS.... and now they introduce it.
And there still won't be any kind of monetization or microtransactions in Cyberpunk 2077. Cyberpunk 2077 is a single player game without any monetization in any form.

What MIGHT be monetized, be it microtransactions or just plainly buying it, nobody knows, is the MULTIPLAYER. It is a completely separate feature, by a different team, which will come AFTER all singleplayer DLCs are released.

You pay for the singleplayer and the DLCs, just like The Witcher 3. After all that is done, the multiplayer is coming. How it is coming, how you are paying for it, we don't know, we can't make any assumptions as they never did a multiplayer game.

https://twitter.com/CDPROJEKTRED/status/1169158028010119170
Post edited November 26, 2019 by xgribbelfix
tudhalyas: To sum it up: you either make me pay for the game upfront and nothing else, or you give me free access to the base game and make me pay for extras if/when I decide that I want them.
My thoughts exactly!
On the bright side, since someone probably rage-cancelled their PC Collector's Edition pre-order at GameStop, I was finally able to secure a copy for myself. :D
tudhalyas: Monetization has been used to indicate a very specific way of making money, which is DLC and microtransactions. I am OK with DLCs as long as they're meaningful and worth the price tag (see TW3), but I'm not with microtransactions of any kind.
Well, not to quibble, but I think it's weird to say that "monetization is very specific" and then point out that it covers everything from DLC to microtransactions. You're also forgetting options like advertisements, everything from irritating pop-ups to product placement (sure, put Nu-Coke in the game as something you can get from a vending machine. I'm fine with that). That's also a form of monetization.

For that matter, I don't agree that all microtransactions are bad. I have no problem paying a couple of bucks for some cosmetic options or a new character I can play as, for example, or the where the line between expansion and microtransactions get blurry (like $2 DLC), or things like soundtracks.

For me, the big no-nos in the MtX world, in descending order of evil, are:
- Lootboxes or gambling mechanics of any kind
- "Pay to win" mechanics
- "XP boosters" or other mechanics designed to "speed up the game," as it encourages the creators to turn their game into a grind-fest to encourage spending.
- Pop-up ads (just because they're super annoying and off-putting)

These tend to have toxic effects on the game design, creating bad games to encourage spending, or encouraging really destructive behavior from players.

But we also don't know what they intend. What they said was something like "We need to think about our monetization strategy," which does not immediately translate into "pay-to-win lootboxes."

tudhalyas: Big difference here: CP2077 is a 60 euros paid title whereas Warframe (which I play, and for which I've also spent money for) is a F2P game where ALL gameplay content is and will be free forever. This is the only case where I am OK with microtransactions, as it's the ONE way through which the devs make money to stay afloat.

To sum it up: you either make me pay for the game upfront and nothing else, or you give me free access to the base game and make me pay for extras if/when I decide that I want them.
The monetization discussion regards the multiplayer side of CP2077, not the single player CP2077. It's two entirely different things. Perhaps the intent of the multiplayer is to make it free and then support it with some form of monetization.

Look, I get your concerns, but most of this discussion has been between those who saw the word "monetization" and then assumed we were talking about pay-to-win lootboxes in the single player CP2077 in blatant contradiction of their previous promises not to do that, when what was actually said was (if I may paraphrase) "When it comes to the multi-player aspect, which is a separate game designed by a separate team, of which we've basically said nothing, we need to think carefully about what monetization strategy we use, and we need to make sure it's got good value for money." I think if CDPR releases some free-to-play multiplayer version of CP2077 with good "value for money" monetization (like, for example, Warframe), I think all of these objections disappear, no?

tudhalyas: I've seen this pattern repeating itself way too many times to be unconcerned this time around, even if it is CDPR we're talking about. Again, this doesn't mean that I won't buy the game, it just means that I won't buy it before release or at day one.
Sure, be concerned. Watch this space. Don't pre-order a game you aren't sure about. I've pre-ordered it, but that's because I got the Witcher games for a song and I felt like I was cheating them a little in doing so, so I had resolved to just give them my money for CP2077 sight unseen as a reward for them. I know that if you pre-order, you're buying a pig in a poke. If you don't want to do that, don't. I generally stand against pre-orders, not just for things like this, but even without microtransactions, CP2077 might turn out to be a real turkey or a bug-filled mess.

What I'm advocating against is attacking CDPR based on a single line in a single article that's being taken out of context and blown up. This very thread is full of screeds and rants. I understand where the passion comes from, but I think it's a mistake to treat CDPR like they're making Fallout 76 or Anthem before we know the facts. What we tell CDPR with this behavior is "If we even hear a rumor of monetization we don't like, we'll abandon you." If all of us pro-consumer advocates are so flighty, how does it benefit CDPR to cater to us?

Wait until we get concrete details on the monetization and then fly off the handle if they turn out to be bad. Don't punish them for things we don't know they've actually done yet.
Post edited November 27, 2019 by Mailanka
tudhalyas: To sum it up: you either make me pay for the game upfront and nothing else, or you give me free access to the base game and make me pay for extras if/when I decide that I want them.
Yunipuma: My thoughts exactly!
I would make an exception for the classical concept of DLC: i.e. new multiplayer maps and game modes, standalone story expansions, additional companions, new BALANCED weapons, cosmetics, etc. that were only designed/written and programmed AFTER the initial game was already a complete experience.
tudhalyas: Monetization has been used to indicate a very specific way of making money, which is DLC and microtransactions. I am OK with DLCs as long as they're meaningful and worth the price tag (see TW3), but I'm not with microtransactions of any kind.
Mailanka: Well, not to quibble, but I think it's weird to say that "monetization is very specific" and then point out that it covers everything from DLC to microtransactions. You're also forgetting options like advertisements, everything from irritating pop-ups to product placement (sure, put Nu-Coke in the game as something you can get from a vending machine. I'm fine with that). That's also a form of monetization.

For that matter, I don't agree that all microtransactions are bad. I have no problem paying a couple of bucks for some cosmetic options or a new character I can play as, for example, or the where the line between expansion and microtransactions get blurry (like $2 DLC), or things like soundtracks.

For me, the big no-nos in the MtX world, in descending order of evil, are:
- Lootboxes or gambling mechanics of any kind
- "Pay to win" mechanics
- "XP boosters" or other mechanics designed to "speed up the game," as it encourages the creators to turn their game into a grind-fest to encourage spending.
- Pop-up ads (just because they're super annoying and off-putting)

These tend to have toxic effects on the game design, creating bad games to encourage spending, or encouraging really destructive behavior from players.

But we also don't know what they intend. What they said was something like "We need to think about our monetization strategy," which does not immediately translate into "pay-to-win lootboxes."
I can't make a precise ranking of the worst-offending MTX, except for the fact that gambling and P2W are by far the worst for me -- yes, worse than in-game ads. You can use in-game ads creatively within the game world and make them almost transparent instead of just slapping XXL banner-style ads in the user's face.

This is not the point though; the issue is that they're coming from a "no MTX, period" stance to a way more ambiguous expression like "wise monetization". It could mean little things like you and others think, but it could be also much worse -- maybe not immediately, but in the long run it is a possibility. Again, we've seen this happening with other games from other companies and this is what is scaring me because I want this game and CDPR to be successful.

Mailanka: The monetization discussion regards the multiplayer side of CP2077, not the single player CP2077. It's two entirely different things. Perhaps the intent of the multiplayer is to make it free and then support it with some form of monetization.
Right now we don't have nothing on our hands except their promise. Yes, they told the investors that they wouldn't implement them in the single player bit, but they also said "no MTX, period" before without specifying whether they were talking about either part of the game. I can't help but be skeptical at this point.

Right now my only faint hope is the fact that the people at CDPR do realize that if they fail on delivering this promise, the image damage they would suffer from this is nothing short of catastrophical. They are who and what they are because so far they've been extremely good at their jobs AND consumer-friendly.

Mailanka: I think if CDPR releases some free-to-play multiplayer version of CP2077 with good "value for money" monetization (like, for example, Warframe), I think all of these objections disappear, no?
For me, if the multiplayer part of CP2077 is a F2P, standalone thing that has and will have nothing to do with the single player game we'll see come April, then yes, I would be fine with it like I said in my last post.

cLaude83: I would make an exception for the classical concept of DLC: i.e. new multiplayer maps and game modes, standalone story expansions, additional companions, new BALANCED weapons, cosmetics, etc. that were only designed/written and programmed AFTER the initial game was already a complete experience.
You're talking about good old "expansion sets" in practice, and yes, that's what I meant earlier for "meaningful DLCs": these I would happily buy just like you.
We're not going to change the industry by going into a rage the minute we hear the word monitization. If corporations don't make a profit they'll go out of business. Let us look at CDPR's track record and judge them by their actions. So far they've been treating their customers with respect and understanding.

I want CDPR to earn more money, because that is the only way we'll get more awesome games. Just calm the f*** down and let them figure out how to make their first multiplayer game into a profitable venture. If they decide to screw us over then we'll know when that day comes, but for now there is no reason to panic about this.
Neuronin: We're not going to change the industry by going into a rage the minute we hear the word monitization. If corporations don't make a profit they'll go out of business. Let us look at CDPR's track record and judge them by their actions.
Exactly

Neuronin: So far they've been treating their customers with respect and understanding.
Exactly not.
CDPR, or rather CDP, is sailing on a longstanding reputation for being consumer friendly, and also benefiting from being from one of the last countries that are a bastion of decent ethical and social norms. In the meantime the company itself is behaving more egregiously than any other company in the industry I can think of, other than perhaps Epic, 2K and Paradox. Even EA is a damn sight more respectable than CDP nowadays.
On the CDPR and Steam forums, CDPR mods are banning everyone who asks any question they don't like about Cyberpunk 2077, let alone voices an opinion other than blanket worship. And while their mods emulate what it must have been like to be a Nazi or Soviet censorship officer oppressing the Polish people, in the meantime the directors are sucking up to SJWs as hard as they can.

Neuronin: I want CDPR to earn more money, because that is the only way we'll get more awesome games. Just calm the f*** down and let them figure out how to make their first multiplayer game into a profitable venture. If they decide to screw us over then we'll know when that day comes, but for now there is no reason to panic about this.
I want CDPR to lose money to the point they will be forced to realize they need to go back to the way they used to be, and fire all the assholes that invaded and corrupted the company since then. Failing that, I hope they go bankrupt as a signal to others, and so we'll never have to deal with their blood treachery ever again.
So you calm the f*** down and stop telling other people how to feel about things and filling in the blanks about why they feel the way they do!
Post edited December 09, 2019 by cLaude83
Neuronin: We're not going to change the industry by going into a rage the minute we hear the word monitization. If corporations don't make a profit they'll go out of business. Let us look at CDPR's track record and judge them by their actions.
cLaude83: Exactly

Neuronin: So far they've been treating their customers with respect and understanding.
cLaude83: Exactly not.
CDPR, or rather CDP, is sailing on a longstanding reputation for being consumer friendly, and also benefiting from being from one of the last countries that are a bastion of decent ethical and social norms. In the meantime the company itself is behaving more egregiously than any other company in the industry I can think of, other than perhaps Epic, 2K and Paradox. Even EA is a damn sight more respectable than CDP nowadays.
On the CDPR and Steam forums, CDPR mods are banning everyone who asks any question they don't like about Cyberpunk 2077, let alone voices an opinion other than blanket worship. And while their mods emulate what it must have been like to be a Nazi or Soviet censorship officer oppressing the Polish people, in the meantime the directors are sucking up to SJWs as hard as they can.

Neuronin: I want CDPR to earn more money, because that is the only way we'll get more awesome games. Just calm the f*** down and let them figure out how to make their first multiplayer game into a profitable venture. If they decide to screw us over then we'll know when that day comes, but for now there is no reason to panic about this.
cLaude83: I want CDPR to lose money to the point they will be forced to realize they need to go back to the way they used to be, and fire all the assholes that invaded and corrupted the company since then. Failing that, I hope they go bankrupt as a signal to others, and so we'll never have to deal with their blood treachery ever again.
So you calm the f*** down and stop telling other people how to feel about things and filling in the blanks about why they feel the way they do!
So, why should they even want you as a customer again?
lace_gardenia: So, why should they even want you as a customer again?
Before I get into why they want me as a customer, let me first say: who cares what they want? I am a customer, I have bought their games in the past. They however no longer have my custom, whether they want it or not, and they won't until they start behaving worthy of a Polish company again.

Now, as to why they want my custom: they are a company operating on the free market. This means per definition that they are interested in any and all customers. The questions is, how much are they willing to adapt policy to keep customers, and how many customers will they lose with their currently policy? Only time will tell...

As for me, I am a free agent: both free to spend my money as I want, and free to speak my mind. So I will say this: I am not buying anything for myself from CDP or any daughter company (such as CDPR) ever again, until they rectify their behaviour, nor will I give them any of the positive exposure or recommendations I have actively given them from 2015 until 2018; I will however keep calling them out on shitty practices and false reputation as consumer-friendly.
Post edited December 10, 2019 by cLaude83
lace_gardenia: So, why should they even want you as a customer again?
cLaude83: Before I get into why they want me as a customer, let me first say: who cares what they want? I am a customer, I have bought their games in the past. They however no longer have my custom, whether they want it or not, and they won't until they start behaving worthy of a Polish company again.

Now, as to why they want my custom: they are a company operating on the free market. This means per definition that they are interested in any and all customers. The questions is, how much are they willing to adapt policy to keep customers, and how many customers will they lose with their currently policy? Only time will tell...

As for me, I am a free agent: both free to spend my money as I want, and free to speak my mind. So I will say this: I am not buying anything for myself from CDP or any daughter company (such as CDPR) ever again, until they rectify their behaviour, nor will I give them any of the positive exposure or recommendations I have actively given them from 2015 until 2018; I will however keep calling them out on shitty practices and false reputation as consumer-friendly.
So, do you have an updated list of things that would need to happen?
lace_gardenia: So, do you have an updated list of things that would need to happen?
I do not. But off the top of my head, I would suggest the following:

- A public apology from Adam Badowski for the whole gender debacle surrounding Cyberpunk 2077, with an assurance to stop pushing of a transnormative agenda and other identity politics.
- The immediate sacking of CDPR's community managers on the CDPR and Steam forums, with an apology for trying to suppress critical questions about their games and an assurance never to do so again.
- The complete makeover for Galaxy 2.0 to be much less privacy invasive.
- A public apology for the firing and smearing Sean 'Linko' Halliday, and an immediate offer for him to retun to his job or to pay damages.
- A public apology for ever hiring 'Outstar' Walker, and an assurance that neither she nor anyone like her will ever again be offered a position or given the right to make official statements for CDP and their daughter companies.
- The retraction of the apology made by the Cyberpunk 2077 twitter on 21 August 2018 for faux offending faux people with a joke.
- The retraction of the apology made by the GOG twitter on 23 October 2018 for faux offending faux people with a joke.

Like I said, this is just off the top of my head, so I'm sure this is not exhaustive. But that doesn't really matter. These points are not set in stone, and I'm willing to negotiate some of them. Much, much more important is that I want it to be made clear that CDP realizes what it's doing and has done is wrong, that they regret this and they will try to do better in future.