It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

thefallenalchemist: Maybe I'm just old and used to Boomer shooters, but one thing does bug me in the game and at this point, I would even take a mod for it.

So I crawled up to the roof of a building. I stood right above a guy and pointed my AK right at him. I shot him and it registered "headshot" but unlike every other shooter I've played, the guy did not die. I've had this happen with other enemies too. Since when does a registered headshot not equal an instant kill? That's something I want fixed. If you shoot someone or even something in a critical area, they die. I have no idea why Cyberpunk is different, but it should not be. In my opinion, this breaks the whole formula of an FPS. Even though it is an RPG, having blatant FPS elements should follow the basics.

So far, that's one of the only problems I have with the game. Although I like that you can do takedowns like Batman. Even so, I would have liked to drop that guy in one go.
kaboro: In the particular case of this game, there is extensive head armor, metal implants and what not.
Also some enemies will use cyber abilities to dodge gun shots consistently.
Have you even bothered to check the stats on guns? They have a damage multiplier for headshots.
Sniper rifle has 3x multiplier for example, and most head shots with a sniper rifle are one hit kills.
It also depends on your level against enemy level, what perks you chose, what gun you use and how.
Your "ak" is prolly one of those light automatic weapons that do minimal damage with one shot, they rely on rate of fire for their dps, and as is the case in reality with these weapons, they rarely shoot two bullets in same spot.
Weapons have a damage rating for a reason, if any headshot would be lethal, then why use anything than the most basic of pistols and just do headshots? Realistic maybe but fun? Not so much.
If you are so stuck up in reality, maybe you shouldnt play rpgs, play simulations instead.
To be fair, most RPG's I play are JRPG's not western RPG's so this is new to me.
thefallenalchemist: To be fair, most RPG's I play are JRPG's not western RPG's so this is new to me.
True, JRPGs are in a world of their own, so the transition to this action-rpg that plays more like an fps-rpg must be rough.
thefallenalchemist: Maybe I'm just old and used to Boomer shooters, but one thing does bug me in the game and at this point, I would even take a mod for it.

So I crawled up to the roof of a building. I stood right above a guy and pointed my AK right at him. I shot him and it registered "headshot" but unlike every other shooter I've played, the guy did not die. I've had this happen with other enemies too. Since when does a registered headshot not equal an instant kill? That's something I want fixed. If you shoot someone or even something in a critical area, they die. I have no idea why Cyberpunk is different, but it should not be. In my opinion, this breaks the whole formula of an FPS. Even though it is an RPG, having blatant FPS elements should follow the basics.

So far, that's one of the only problems I have with the game. Although I like that you can do takedowns like Batman. Even so, I would have liked to drop that guy in one go.
kaboro: In the particular case of this game, there is extensive head armor, metal implants and what not.
Also some enemies will use cyber abilities to dodge gun shots consistently.
Have you even bothered to check the stats on guns? They have a damage multiplier for headshots.
Sniper rifle has 3x multiplier for example, and most head shots with a sniper rifle are one hit kills.
It also depends on your level against enemy level, what perks you chose, what gun you use and how.
Your "ak" is prolly one of those light automatic weapons that do minimal damage with one shot, they rely on rate of fire for their dps, and as is the case in reality with these weapons, they rarely shoot two bullets in same spot.
Weapons have a damage rating for a reason, if any headshot would be lethal, then why use anything than the most basic of pistols and just do headshots? Realistic maybe but fun? Not so much.
If you are so stuck up in reality, maybe you shouldnt play rpgs, play simulations instead.
In this game there is a massive level scaling happening. I have not bothered testing the balance between player level and item level, but a level 40 pistol will easily murder a level 20 enemy in one shot. But a level 40 enemy will take a few shots and a level 50 enemy won't give a damn.

Talking about head armour and implants and stuff is just rationalization. Subdermal armour doesn't matter and enemies aren't that bullet resistant because they're wearing sunglasses and strawhats with 'dillo mods and whatnot.

Also, this isn't really an RPG. If it was an RPG then chances are that CDPR would have designed item balance without item levels. Rather than going through 50 different pistols or rifles of the same type, each new one somehow doing more damage than the previous, they would have made a system where a character's skill with the weapon would go up and the same weapon would simply be that much better with skill than without it.

Sadly, CDPR decided to go the Borderlands route of looter-scooter gameplay instead, and now a level 50 character with zero skill in pistols can go to a vendor and buy a level 50 pistol and that pistol does more per shot damage than a level 1 rifle. Because fucking item levels. Yay! Great design!!11 Such immersive!! Don't get me wrong, I don't mind Borderlands that much, they're reasonably fun arcade shooter games, but that is all they are.
FBDGhost1: Instant kill is possible redengine (you even were able to finish a foe higher than your level in TW3 at full HP). thing is in cyberpunk 2077 skull is covered or replaced with implants wich they even have the ability to fix themeselves cyberware protects brain and its vessels and help the body maintain homeostasis.
If you want to kill them with one headshot you must become a netrunner (Quickhack the foes) and it's recommended to use a gun which deals fire damage.
In one of the chrome books of the original cp2020 there was some cyberware that let you put the meat into a jar you could transplant from body to body, cyborg to cyborg. There's no guarantee there's anything actually in the head that could be taken out by a one-shot to the head in this game
cuz the enemies are bullet sponge
NekoiNemo: > Since when does a registered headshot not equal an instant kill?

Probably since around the time people started having subdermal armour and armoured skulls. It is Cyebrpunk after all.
Fun fact: In real life there are several factors that go into head shots which does make it possible, though admittedly unlikely, to survive a gun shot to the head. Things like the caliber of the bullet, the range it's shot at, etc. Now OPs problem of being directly above an enemy and shooting down with an assault rifle is a different thing all together.

Have you ever played RPG/shooter or shooter/RPG hybrids before?

Games like say..Deus Ex 1? Vampire: Bloodlines? Alpha Protocol? Fallout 3? FO: NV?

Head-shots don't always do an instant defeat on enemies. You need to pump points often into the proper stats & skills; and also take on enemies around or within your level.
Because enemies have levels. You, at level 1, are not going to 1 shot head shot enemies that are level 50.

MysterD: Have you ever played RPG/shooter or shooter/RPG hybrids before?

Games like say..Deus Ex 1? Vampire: Bloodlines? Alpha Protocol? Fallout 3? FO: NV?

Head-shots don't always do an instant defeat on enemies. You need to pump points often into the proper stats & skills; and also take on enemies around or within your level.
I played Bloodlines about fifteen years ago.
Fr0z1nDuDe: Because enemies have levels. You, at level 1, are not going to 1 shot head shot enemies that are level 50.
If you have a modded weapon with insane crits and exploit the sneak crits mod

Everything's a 1 shot
I must say, recently (last night), I have been getting people to totally just fall over into the eternal slumber with head shots. I hit two different targets last night that exceeded 100K points. Yes, exceeded 100,000 damage.
Fr0z1nDuDe: Because enemies have levels. You, at level 1, are not going to 1 shot head shot enemies that are level 50.
wayke: If you have a modded weapon with insane crits and exploit the sneak crits mod

Everything's a 1 shot
You're not going to have a "modded weapon with insane crits and exploit the sneak crits mod" at level 1. lmao.