It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Maybe I'm just old and used to Boomer shooters, but one thing does bug me in the game and at this point, I would even take a mod for it.

So I crawled up to the roof of a building. I stood right above a guy and pointed my AK right at him. I shot him and it registered "headshot" but unlike every other shooter I've played, the guy did not die. I've had this happen with other enemies too. Since when does a registered headshot not equal an instant kill? That's something I want fixed. If you shoot someone or even something in a critical area, they die. I have no idea why Cyberpunk is different, but it should not be. In my opinion, this breaks the whole formula of an FPS. Even though it is an RPG, having blatant FPS elements should follow the basics.

So far, that's one of the only problems I have with the game. Although I like that you can do takedowns like Batman. Even so, I would have liked to drop that guy in one go.
low rated
This stupid website is broken and I can't make a new topic

Cyberpunk thinks I have a controller connected when I don't and keeps randomly changing all the button prompts PLEASE HELP
high rated
> Since when does a registered headshot not equal an instant kill?

Probably since around the time people started having subdermal armour and armoured skulls. It is Cyebrpunk after all.
TiedtoTheTea: This stupid website is broken and I can't make a new topic

Cyberpunk thinks I have a controller connected when I don't and keeps randomly changing all the button prompts PLEASE HELP
try resetting your computer.
thefallenalchemist: Maybe I'm just old and used to Boomer shooters, but one thing does bug me in the game and at this point, I would even take a mod for it.

So I crawled up to the roof of a building. I stood right above a guy and pointed my AK right at him. I shot him and it registered "headshot" but unlike every other shooter I've played, the guy did not die. I've had this happen with other enemies too. Since when does a registered headshot not equal an instant kill? That's something I want fixed. If you shoot someone or even something in a critical area, they die. I have no idea why Cyberpunk is different, but it should not be. In my opinion, this breaks the whole formula of an FPS. Even though it is an RPG, having blatant FPS elements should follow the basics.

So far, that's one of the only problems I have with the game. Although I like that you can do takedowns like Batman. Even so, I would have liked to drop that guy in one go.
Check your implants, you too can have a "natural" armour. It makes sense than npc can too.
Despite that, if your weapon is powerful enough and if you have the right skills and weapon mods, you can oneshot pretty much anyone with headshots.
Post edited December 25, 2020 by Neity
Because there's a progression system in the game. You would have to build your character up to that expectation. I do agree that it is in conflict with the simulation itself, since you've got analogue aiming control which you shouldn't have in a simulation that behaves like this, but they wanted massive appeal and made compromises. The experience system is there to gamify the progression and make the game "fun", however, it does manifest negatively in that you must work to catch up to the expectations of games like Call of Duty and Doom, which are closer to this than the likes of Interplay's Fallout and probably its source material too (Cyberpunk 2020).
Post edited December 25, 2020 by ASnakeNeverDies
yeah, as mentioned by ASnakeNeverDies, the game has a progression system.
It prevents you from killing any enemy too strong in one shot and also prevents you from stealth kill...

Cyberpunk even displays your damage like a cartoonish shooter, I personally hate it, and couldn't explain why they decided to display them
echanay: yeah, as mentioned by ASnakeNeverDies, the game has a progression system.
It prevents you from killing any enemy too strong in one shot and also prevents you from stealth kill...

Cyberpunk even displays your damage like a cartoonish shooter, I personally hate it, and couldn't explain why they decided to display them
You can disable the damage indicator in the settings
Yeah but this is not a shooter where you apply the rules of your world, its an RPG where you adapt to a new world, a world where, like said above, people is augmented.
I agree and get that it is an RPG, it was just odd. I can't recall a large number of games that did not register a headshot as an instant kill, but it is what it is, I suppose.
thefallenalchemist: I agree and get that it is an RPG, it was just odd. I can't recall a large number of games that did not register a headshot as an instant kill, but it is what it is, I suppose.
Scan the stats of what you're aiming at you will see some have armoured etc etc and other things.
thefallenalchemist: Maybe I'm just old and used to Boomer shooters, but one thing does bug me in the game and at this point, I would even take a mod for it.

Neity: Check your implants, you too can have a "natural" armour. It makes sense than npc can too.
Despite that, if your weapon is powerful enough and if you have the right skills and weapon mods, you can oneshot pretty much anyone with headshots.
This plus if they are higher level then you, you are less effective per level of difference.
echanay: yeah, as mentioned by ASnakeNeverDies, the game has a progression system.

r-c.b: You can disable the damage indicator in the settings
this and you can also remove health bars. I do believe there is a technical work around to remove the mini map as well, I wouldn't remove the ammo count and such as its supposed to be part of your kiroshi eye implants
NekoiNemo: > Since when does a registered headshot not equal an instant kill?

Probably since around the time people started having subdermal armour and armoured skulls. It is Cyebrpunk after all.
While you're definitely right, that's not the only answer. The fact is, not every headshot is fatal. There are multiple cases of humans having terrible accidents with various objects penetrating their heads (or even going right through) and living (albeit usually with some kind of life-lasting side-effects like memory issues or personality changes).

Most games don't define multiple hit areas just for head - usually it's just one area from neck up and even shooting somene from the side through both cheeks (and only cheeks) will result in full headshot damage, as if the bullet went right through the center of brain.

No insta-kill headshots in Cyberpunk 2077 is not only fitting in that setting (like the armor you mentioned) but also realistic, and even something that was stated long ago by devs/marketing team.
thefallenalchemist: So I crawled up to the roof of a building. I stood right above a guy and pointed my AK right at him. I shot him and it registered "headshot" but unlike every other shooter I've played, the guy did not die.
Remember that CP2077 is an RPG game, not another installment of ARMA series. ;)