It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Even with everything I've done here, I still get frequent CTD's... from 5 min to 3 hours.
I'm impatiently waiting for 1.07, hoping they'll fix this.

Anyway, while I wait I'm playing Van Helsing Final to pass the time.
For those who are also having CTD's, what're you playing in the meantime?
ast486: Even with everything I've done here, I still get frequent CTD's... from 5 min to 3 hours.
I'm impatiently waiting for 1.07, hoping they'll fix this.

Anyway, while I wait I'm playing Van Helsing Final to pass the time.
For those who are also having CTD's, what're you playing in the meantime?
Just by curiosity what is your hardware ? I ask because even though I had multiple glitches I never had any CTD in nearly 50 hours, the worse I had was the depth of field being blocked and everything being blurry until I restarted the game (and it only happen once) so I am curious what can cause the difference between peoples reporting frequent CTD and those who don't. If it's purely an hardware issue (i.e. graphic card overheat) or if it's a memory leak issue (I have 64GB of ram so if it's a memory leak it could explain while I never experienced a CTD)
Gersen: Just by curiosity what is your hardware ? I ask because even though I had multiple glitches I never had any CTD in nearly 50 hours, the worse I had was the depth of field being blocked and everything being blurry until I restarted the game (and it only happen once) so I am curious what can cause the difference between peoples reporting frequent CTD and those who don't. If it's purely an hardware issue (i.e. graphic card overheat) or if it's a memory leak issue (I have 64GB of ram so if it's a memory leak it could explain while I never experienced a CTD)
I don't think memory size matters for crashes. I have 16GB and zero CTD. So I would suggest looking at PSU, temps, drivers instead?

(Well except one CTD where I tried that unofficial thread count hex patch. Really that patch does not work for my CPU :-)
Gersen: Just by curiosity what is your hardware ? I ask because even though I had multiple glitches I never had any CTD in nearly 50 hours, the worse I had was the depth of field being blocked and everything being blurry until I restarted the game (and it only happen once) so I am curious what can cause the difference between peoples reporting frequent CTD and those who don't. If it's purely an hardware issue (i.e. graphic card overheat) or if it's a memory leak issue (I have 64GB of ram so if it's a memory leak it could explain while I never experienced a CTD)
It might be many things, memory leaks that build up to far, psu that is not strong enough for the hardware and causing spikes, overclocking, faulty hardware, mismatching memory sticks (speed or size), antivirus, old/experimental drivers, other apps working in the background and more.

Some people have been having problems with graphics settings, f.e turning off RTX and all the new stuff have fixed a few problems for some. Someone had problems with keyboard rebindings I think, putting everything to default fixed a problem.

I have over 100 hours ingame and I have had one CTD, that was because I had the game running in the background for a few hours while I was doing something else.
Post edited January 05, 2021 by halldojo
Personally, I unistalled the game a couple weeks ago; I'll reinstall it after the February patch, when the game will be much more polished and perhaps with some more content.

In the meantime, between Sekiro, Football Manager, board games and the like, it's not like I have nothing else to play :D
Lukes78: Personally, I unistalled the game a couple weeks ago; I'll reinstall it after the February patch, when the game will be much more polished and perhaps with some more content.

In the meantime, between Sekiro, Football Manager, board games and the like, it's not like I have nothing else to play :D
You are the only person who actually answered my question. lol

I've heard Sekiro is good; what you think?

@everybody else.
Thanks for trying to help; this isn't a 'I need help' thread.
As I said in the OP, I have already done everything possible on my end... driver updates, ddu, rebooting in clean mode.
It's the game and I just need to wait till the devs fix it.
Post edited January 05, 2021 by ast486
Lukes78: Personally, I unistalled the game a couple weeks ago; I'll reinstall it after the February patch, when the game will be much more polished and perhaps with some more content.

ast486: You are the only person who actually answered my question. lol

@everybody else.
As I said in the OP, I have already done everything possible on my end... driver updates, ddu, rebooting in clean mode.
Sekiro is awesome: it's (very) difficult, yeah, like any other "Souls like", but at the same time more accessible with QoL improvements, basically the culmination of those kind of games by FromSoftware. I mean, I kinda suck at them and my reflexes are not what they used to be, but I still find Sekiro really rewarding.

@everybody else.
In our defense the message started with a problem you are facing, focus totally went there instead of the question in the end :)

@everybody else.
halldojo: In our defense the message started with a problem you are facing, focus totally went there instead of the question in the end :)
lol I see.

@everybody else.
Lukes78: Sekiro is awesome: it's (very) difficult, yeah, like any other "Souls like", but at the same time more accessible with QoL improvements, basically the culmination of those kind of games by FromSoftware. I mean, I kinda suck at them and my reflexes are not what they used to be, but I still find Sekiro really rewarding.
Cool.
I'll take a look at the pc version. :-)
No having CTDs and only a few progress blocking bugs in aide quests, but I am tired of pissing up hill with my limited free time, instead of enjoying it.

I bought both of the new-er Deus-Ex games & the Dishonored series from gog, plus all three of the latest ass-creed titles in a bundle & Division 2 from Uplay, plus Death Stranding & RE 7 from steam.

So I have options while waiting for version 1.07 (but more like 1.10 before I actually give it another go with a fresh character).
Sogi-Ya: No having CTDs and only a few progress blocking bugs in aide quests, but I am tired of pissing up hill with my limited free time, instead of enjoying it.

I bought both of the new-er Deus-Ex games & the Dishonored series from gog, plus all three of the latest ass-creed titles in a bundle & Division 2 from Uplay, plus Death Stranding & RE 7 from steam.

So I have options while waiting for version 1.07 (but more like 1.10 before I actually give it another go with a fresh character).
Nice.

I have played and really enjoyed both of those Deus ex games as well as the Dishonoured ones.

I'm not a fan of assasins creed in general, but I did get and play Odyssey.
It was really good with all the online stuff turned off.

I've never tried Death Stranding; what you think of it?

what's RE 7?
Sogi-Ya: No having CTDs and only a few progress blocking bugs in aide quests, but I am tired of pissing up hill with my limited free time, instead of enjoying it.

ast486: Nice.

I have played and really enjoyed both of those Deus ex games as well as the Dishonoured ones.

what's RE 7?
I was not a fan of Assassin's creed it's not the gameplay it's their twisted variations on historical figures certain traits and aspects changed to suit the blue haired mentally ill screaming at their crotch in the street with a mirror types, catering to the whims of people who are not loyal customers has been a thing for 20 years now, I started on Assassins creed Syndicate quiet good then I got some pack cheap with every Assassins Creed, I will never play the first again, That was some garbage.

what's RE 7?
Death Stranding is a futuristic courier simulator. Watch some streams - that will help you make up your mind. You will either like it or hate it.

what's RE 7?
midrand: Death Stranding is a futuristic courier simulator. Watch some streams - that will help you make up your mind. You will either like it or hate it.
The way you describe it... it sounds really boring.
:-o
ast486: what's RE 7?
My guess would be: Resident Evil 7