It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I'm having a great time with CP 2077 thus far. There's a few technical issues, but truly emphasis on the word few there. I'm not going to overemphasis them, as I have seen more than enough of that. So at this point I'm well sure the team is also aware of them too at this stage. Aside from reworking police spawns which I know has been requested, I have another request.

Could the team when time provides look at perhaps a system for clothing where you can keep a look you have, and transfer over the stats of newly acquired gear. Scrapping that new gear for the stats in the process. There's so much clothing and so many looks one could go for, but I find I typically look like a mismatched clown (and not in a fun way). As I have to use all kinds of random items due to the stats. I think many aside from just myself would appreciate this. I would really like to tailor my look in game without badly nerfing my defense. I wouldn't even mind if doing this scrapped any mod without the appropriate skill for retrieving them back in the tech tree. I just don't want to have to dress like a clown, or look good and be weak. Neither of those are fun options IMHO.

I hope you all have a relaxing covid free X-mas/new years, and wish you luck with the bug hunt in the new year. And many thanks for solving that 8MB save file problem before X-mas, that's awesome! :)
...so you want something akin to Terraria's clothing and apparel system?
You should probably wait for at least 2022 if you want them to do it when the dust is settled.
KentGAllard: You should probably wait for at least 2022 if you want them to do it when the dust is settled.
I give it 6 months at most before the trolls move on and CDPR has the majority of bugs worked out. The game isn't some unplayable mess. Knock off the hyperbole.
FallenHeroX1: The game isn't some unplayable mess.
From my personal experience it absolutely is.
FallenHeroX1: Knock off the hyperbole.
It's not a hyperbole when it's true.
FallenHeroX1: I give it 6 months at most before the trolls move on
Uh-huh. Everyone who DARES not to like this disgusting pile of technical inadequacy and false advertising is surely a troll! It can't be that CD Projekt is a really, really irresponsible company! No, it's the users who are wrong! They can't have genuine problems or gripes with the product, the product is perfect!
FallenHeroX1: and CDPR has the majority of bugs worked out.
Six months? Hah, yeah, sure. Hey, are you interesting in purchasing a bridge by chance, because I got one to sell ya.
FallenHeroX1: The game isn't some unplayable mess.
KentGAllard: From my personal experience it absolutely is.
FallenHeroX1: Knock off the hyperbole.
KentGAllard: It's not a hyperbole when it's true.
FallenHeroX1: I give it 6 months at most before the trolls move on
KentGAllard: Uh-huh. Everyone who DARES not to like this disgusting pile of technical inadequacy and false advertising is surely a troll! It can't be that CD Projekt is a really, really irresponsible company! No, it's the users who are wrong! They can't have genuine problems or gripes with the product, the product is perfect!
FallenHeroX1: and CDPR has the majority of bugs worked out.
KentGAllard: Six months? Hah, yeah, sure. Hey, are you interesting in purchasing a bridge by chance, because I got one to sell ya.
I have personally over 120hrs into it (thus far), so hardly unplayable. To be fair hardware (or lack of) is a factor though. Is it a mess, no. Are there launch bugs, yes. It's without a doubt hyperbole, unless you are playing it on a PS4 and posting about it on a PC platform... which would be one strange assumption to make.

Now did this game fall short of it's mark and advertised features. You bet, the amount of obviously cut content speaks to that alone without you hyperbole being necessary. Personally I think CDPR will not leave this game as is though, and work to improving it further. While likely hitting the very lofty goals in a sequel. I base this opinion on having played all 3 Witcher games (not just the 3rd in line), after things were largely perfected with two games under their belts. I don't think this game will be what it was hyped to be ever. I don't think it, at launch (on PC), is any worse or better than 99 % of games at launch on PC either so far as bugs and technical issues. I also don't think it lived up to what it touted itself to be. And I do know your opinions are yours, and as well are clearly and undeniably, steeped in a gross amount of hyperbole. So much so that your valid points are all but entirely lost in your overzealous attempt to display your butthurt in not having your expectations met. I live here in reality though and knew this game would never live up to any expectations I set for it myself. As such I am able to enjoy it thoroughly for what it is. Which by no means is a flawless masterpiece. I am sure in some ( and I don't care to guess how much) amount of time, bugs will be dealt with and (free) dlc will help fill in areas that were cut for time. I also have faith CDPR will perfect their craft moving forward, even if it takes some sequels to get there. Just as they did with the Witcher series. The bones are in place, and a lot of the heavy lifting is done now.

Now with all that being said, friendly reminder this is not even in the realm, of on topic for this discussion about a mechanic request, and I would ask you leave this debate further for threads where it is the topic at hand.
Newbie: ...so you want something akin to Terraria's clothing and apparel system?
Not a game I ever got into, so I couldn't say specifically. I am sure it's not an original idea, and I have seen it in games before. Though off the top of my head I can't recall which. Decades of gaming and hundreds upon hundreds of titles later things do tend to blur together I'm afraid lol.
Post edited December 31, 2020 by Yama-Kami
Yama-Kami: I'm having a great time with CP 2077 thus far. There's a few technical issues, but truly emphasis on the word few there. I'm not going to overemphasis them, as I have seen more than enough of that. So at this point I'm well sure the team is also aware of them too at this stage. Aside from reworking police spawns which I know has been requested, I have another request.

Could the team when time provides look at perhaps a system for clothing where you can keep a look you have, and transfer over the stats of newly acquired gear. Scrapping that new gear for the stats in the process. There's so much clothing and so many looks one could go for, but I find I typically look like a mismatched clown (and not in a fun way). As I have to use all kinds of random items due to the stats. I think many aside from just myself would appreciate this. I would really like to tailor my look in game without badly nerfing my defense. I wouldn't even mind if doing this scrapped any mod without the appropriate skill for retrieving them back in the tech tree. I just don't want to have to dress like a clown, or look good and be weak. Neither of those are fun options IMHO.

I hope you all have a relaxing covid free X-mas/new years, and wish you luck with the bug hunt in the new year. And many thanks for solving that 8MB save file problem before X-mas, that's awesome! :)
Hey ^^/ My experience with the maximizing of armor was matching yours exactly. Having to use all the mismatched random stuff I found with better stats resulted in a sub-optimal experience on the gear side. Truly some wild end-results (though that was sometimes fun as well, but yeah, not the desired effect).

But I think CDPR had already accounted for it when developing. As played I noticed something I hadn't tried yet... have you seen around the city a few shops with a jacket icon, clothing stores? The content of these scales according to your level. Which means that while you won't find gear that matches clothing with armor or speed mods, you will at least get fitting clothes with very similar stats to the random finds.

For me, at least, hunting for these (their content varies according to the district) made the clothing "mechanic" more fun, as intended (though for some legendary gear I still make an exception).
I would also like to see this sort of clothing aesthetic. In Assassin's Creed Odyssey (the latest I've played) you can apply a visual look to any armor you're currently wearing and therefore create a custom look. So, got a great chest plate, but it doesn't match your helm, greaves, etc? No problem, go into the UI and select a different look.

However, the fact that CP is largely first person, it's not quite as important as a 3rd person game. Doesn't mean I still don't want it! And in photo-mode, it'd be nice to change your look in that tool, rather than having to change in inventory, then take the photo.

And, speaking of clothing, it sure would be nice to be able to view something in a story w/o having to buy it first.
Yama-Kami: I'm having a great time with CP 2077 thus far. There's a few technical issues.
Totally agree, having fun and yes there are a few technical issues.
Yama-Kami: Could the team when time provides look at perhaps a system for clothing where you can keep a look you have, and transfer over the stats of newly acquired gear. Scrapping that new gear for the stats in the process. There's so much clothing and so many looks one could go for, but I find I typically look like a mismatched clown (and not in a fun way).
I am unsure how far you have gone in the game, but there is a perk in the crafting skill where you can keep mods from clothes you scrap.

Also you can create mods yourself to replace the mods missing (atleast armor and crit mods, and damage etc), you only get the basic recipe for most mods however when you create the mods you have a chance of creating any quality of them (Yes even legendary). This will help you replace mods.

If you really like an item you can upgrade it, expensive as hell to get to max level, but it is possible. My advice, get something that looks nice with as many mod slots as possible(I think 3-4 for most clothes), that will make up for items being low level.
Post edited January 01, 2021 by halldojo
Newbie: ...so you want something akin to Terraria's clothing and apparel system?
Yama-Kami: Not a game I ever got into, so I couldn't say specifically. I am sure it's not an original idea, and I have seen it in games before. Though off the top of my head I can't recall which. Decades of gaming and hundreds upon hundreds of titles later things do tend to blur together I'm afraid lol.
i think starbound has it too. dunno others who have what you're talking about tho
Yama-Kami: Could the team when time provides look at perhaps a system for clothing where you can keep a look you have, and transfer over the stats of newly acquired gear. Scrapping that new gear for the stats in the process. There's so much clothing and so many looks one could go for, but I find I typically look like a mismatched clown (and not in a fun way).
In Fallout 4 I found the Grognak costume. It's all I wore until I finished the game. Because it looked fantastic. Imagine all of the women who wear ridiculously uncomfortable shoes in order to look great. Clothing in Cyberpunk should work the same way. Want to look fantastic? It's going to hurt.
Crawdaddy79: In Fallout 4 I found the Grognak costume. It's all I wore until I finished the game. Because it looked fantastic. Imagine all of the women who wear ridiculously uncomfortable shoes in order to look great. Clothing in Cyberpunk should work the same way. Want to look fantastic? It's going to hurt.
That team had a lot more working on it, from estimates I've been watching in videos it was only around 500 on this project

Also, the engine wasn't anywhere near as demanding, Furthermore, the biggest monkety wrench I believe is the console versions.

I think they might be under contract with Sony to not add PC improvements until the PS5 version.. I just have a hunch.
Yama-Kami: I have personally over 120hrs into it (thus far), so hardly unplayable
Good for you; why are you telling me this? It doesn't change my personal experience in the slightest.
Yama-Kami: It's without a doubt hyperbole, unless you are playing it on a PS4 and posting about it on a PC platform... which would be one strange assumption to make.
It's not and I'm not.
Yama-Kami: While likely hitting the very lofty goals in a sequel.
Cool. Are we getting that for free? Because, you know, we paid for a game and it doesn't have what was advertised (by a long shot), so it'd be only fair if we get the game that has it all for free, since technically we already paid for it.
They can have the unfinished mess back, as far as I'm concerned.
Yama-Kami: I base this opinion on having played all 3 Witcher games
So what? I played all three of them as well. Witcher 1 wasn't as much of a mess at launch as this thing is.
Yama-Kami: I don't think this game will be what it was hyped to be ever.
Neither do I, but I don't think anyone should just let it slide. CDPR were the ones hyping it up and profiting from it.
Yama-Kami: I don't think it, at launch (on PC), is any worse or better than 99 % of games at launch on PC either so far as bugs and technical issues.
It absolutely is. The only mess that's even remotely close to this is Fallout 76.
Yama-Kami: And I do know your opinions are yours, and as well are clearly and undeniably, steeped in a gross amount of hyperbole.
Putting "undeniably" in bold letters does not make it so.
Yama-Kami: So much so that your valid points are all but entirely lost in your overzealous attempt to display your butthurt in not having your expectations met.
I, for one, expected it to actually goddamn work within the frame of the system requirements they themselves posted. To say that it does would be vulgar and undeserved flattery. That was the one expectation they had to meet. They failed. I only read up on the all advertised but missing features afterwards, whle browsing their own forums since I had nothing better to do when the goddamn thing threatened to fry my GPU and reading about all that only made me more indignant towards the way CDPR just swindled us all. Some of us are hunky-dory about it. Some of us actually have some goddamn self-respect though.
Yama-Kami: I live here in reality though and knew this game would never live up to any expectations I set for it myself. As such I am able to enjoy it thoroughly for what it is.
"Lower your standards" and "expect dishonest advertisement" is not exactly the most compelling message out there.
Yama-Kami: I am sure in some ( and I don't care to guess how much) amount of time, bugs will be dealt with and (free) dlc will help fill in areas that were cut for time.
From my personal experience with CDPR, I'm not putting my money on that. They didn't fix the Russian dub of Witcher 3 they themselves screwed up, despite all their "WE CARE FOR THE CUSTOMERS" posturing, so I don't have any faith in them.
Yama-Kami: Now with all that being said, friendly reminder this is not even in the realm, of on topic for this discussion about a mechanic request, and I would ask you leave this debate further for threads where it is the topic at hand.
"Here's a wall of text. Please do not respond to it" - no thanks, I will decline that request.
-----------
The funny thing is, I was kinda-sorta able to find the solution for the technical problem I had. Which required me to install the drivers from October instead of the ones CDPR kept recommending. Only then it stopped crashing like there's no tomorrow. And I'm still blaming CDPR for this because
A) They were the ones recommending those drivers, and
B) Their tech support didn't help me in the slightest. They still haven't even looked at my request.
Which is a testament to how incompetent and customer-unfriendly this company has become.
And, you know, it doesn't make up for all the stuff they just lied about.
Post edited January 02, 2021 by KentGAllard
Yama-Kami: I'm having a great time with CP 2077 thus far. There's a few technical issues, but truly emphasis on the word few there. I'm not going to overemphasis them, as I have seen more than enough of that. So at this point I'm well sure the team is also aware of them too at this stage. Aside from reworking police spawns which I know has been requested, I have another request.

Mister.Wolf: Hey ^^/ My experience with the maximizing of armor was matching yours exactly. Having to use all the mismatched random stuff I found with better stats resulted in a sub-optimal experience on the gear side. Truly some wild end-results (though that was sometimes fun as well, but yeah, not the desired effect).

But I think CDPR had already accounted for it when developing. As played I noticed something I hadn't tried yet... have you seen around the city a few shops with a jacket icon, clothing stores? The content of these scales according to your level. Which means that while you won't find gear that matches clothing with armor or speed mods, you will at least get fitting clothes with very similar stats to the random finds.

For me, at least, hunting for these (their content varies according to the district) made the clothing "mechanic" more fun, as intended (though for some legendary gear I still make an exception).
I have noticed these and have visited them countless times post character level and street cred lvl 50. Though I am almost exclusively unable to obtain better gear in styles I would enjoy. Including engrams for crafting them. I made this thread after exploring very thoroughly the options you speak of matter of fact. Good point all the same. If not my suggestion perhaps the solution would be some more reasonable pricing of high tier items (one I would replace would cost above 130K each for similar stats/slots. And not leaving inventory entirely up to RNGesus. I have a ton of low level trash gear in my locker just because it looks cool. But wearing it would drastically, emphasis on "drastically" reduce my armor along with the perks my slots afford me. I would gladly trade in the militech vest I have now for a similar item with a different look at a retail outlet, if not destroy it to swap that look via the crafting system as was my initial suggestion.
Velgor: I would also like to see this sort of clothing aesthetic. In Assassin's Creed Odyssey (the latest I've played) you can apply a visual look to any armor you're currently wearing and therefore create a custom look. So, got a great chest plate, but it doesn't match your helm, greaves, etc? No problem, go into the UI and select a different look.

However, the fact that CP is largely first person, it's not quite as important as a 3rd person game. Doesn't mean I still don't want it! And in photo-mode, it'd be nice to change your look in that tool, rather than having to change in inventory, then take the photo.

And, speaking of clothing, it sure would be nice to be able to view something in a story w/o having to buy it first.
That's certainly the idea behind my post. That said I will disagree with you regarding it being largely first person so it matters not. I ride my bike in 3rd person and your look maters in cutscenes too with greatly helps with immersion IMHO.
Yama-Kami: I'm having a great time with CP 2077 thus far. There's a few technical issues.
halldojo: Totally agree, having fun and yes there are a few technical issues.
halldojo: I am unsure how far you have gone in the game, but there is a perk in the crafting skill where you can keep mods from clothes you scrap.

Also you can create mods yourself to replace the mods missing (at least armor and crit mods, and damage etc), you only get the basic recipe for most mods however when you create the mods you have a chance of creating any quality of them (Yes even legendary). This will help you replace mods.

If you really like an item you can upgrade it, expensive as hell to get to max level, but it is possible. My advice, get something that looks nice with as many mod slots as possible(I think 3-4 for most clothes), that will make up for items being low level.
I have this perk, an extremely useful one it is too. The issue remains I am unable to find what I consider cool looking clothing with similar numbers of slots and armor points at 150hrs in. At this stage I have enough crit chance or dmg etc mods to make a second set of armor with the same stats, save for the unique one that give 15% crit and 30% dmg in one slot. At least I assume that one is unique as I have only ever found the one. While upgrading what I have to change the look earlier game items I did like the look of as you mention cost an absurd amount to upgrade. At least if the crafting engrams were not subject to RNGesus including at tailor locations. I might have been able to craft the items I want once I hit level 50. There's a few ways to achieve what I am after, but the current system is certainly not what it could/should be IMO.
Yama-Kami: Not a game I ever got into, so I couldn't say specifically. I am sure it's not an original idea, and I have seen it in games before. Though off the top of my head I can't recall which. Decades of gaming and hundreds upon hundreds of titles later things do tend to blur together I'm afraid lol.
Newbie: i think starbound has it too. dunno others who have what you're talking about tho
Another title I haven't played so certainly not where I got the idea, though as you can see yourself it's been done before in more than one title :)
Post edited January 04, 2021 by Yama-Kami
Crawdaddy79: In Fallout 4 I found the Grognak costume. It's all I wore until I finished the game. Because it looked fantastic. Imagine all of the women who wear ridiculously uncomfortable shoes in order to look great. Clothing in Cyberpunk should work the same way. Want to look fantastic? It's going to hurt.
Most the clothes in the game don't look overly comfortable IMO, with a few exceptions. Lot of up the crack but floss and very tight stuff as well as heels to be worn. In a game though we can look fabulous and not have to worry about the comfort. Or even how bad an single outfit worn for the duration of an entire game set in a sweaty desert would smell for that matter ;) lol
Tracido: That team had a lot more working on it, from estimates I've been watching in videos it was only around 500 on this project

Also, the engine wasn't anywhere near as demanding, Furthermore, the biggest monkety wrench I believe is the console versions.

I think they might be under contract with Sony to not add PC improvements until the PS5 version.. I just have a hunch.
I'm not expecting anything in short order by any means. I just a hope that eventually, or by the time we get a sequel, this can be done or the system could be improved further. So we can all have our proverbial cake and eat it too.
Yama-Kami: I have personally over 120hrs into it (thus far), so hardly unplayable
KentGAllard: Good for you; why are you telling me this? It doesn't change my personal experience in the slightest.
Yama-Kami: It's without a doubt hyperbole, unless you are playing it on a PS4 and posting about it on a PC platform... which would be one strange assumption to make.
KentGAllard: It's not and I'm not.
Yama-Kami: While likely hitting the very lofty goals in a sequel.
KentGAllard: Cool. Are we getting that for free? Because, you know, we paid for a game and it doesn't have what was advertised (by a long shot), so it'd be only fair if we get the game that has it all for free, since technically we already paid for it.
They can have the unfinished mess back, as far as I'm concerned.
Yama-Kami: I base this opinion on having played all 3 Witcher games
KentGAllard: So what? I played all three of them as well. Witcher 1 wasn't as much of a mess at launch as this thing is.
Yama-Kami: I don't think this game will be what it was hyped to be ever.
KentGAllard: Neither do I, but I don't think anyone should just let it slide. CDPR were the ones hyping it up and profiting from it.
Yama-Kami: I don't think it, at launch (on PC), is any worse or better than 99 % of games at launch on PC either so far as bugs and technical issues.
KentGAllard: It absolutely is. The only mess that's even remotely close to this is Fallout 76.
Yama-Kami: And I do know your opinions are yours, and as well are clearly and undeniably, steeped in a gross amount of hyperbole.
KentGAllard: Putting "undeniably" in bold letters does not make it so.
Yama-Kami: So much so that your valid points are all but entirely lost in your overzealous attempt to display your butthurt in not having your expectations met.
KentGAllard: I, for one, expected it to actually goddamn work within the frame of the system requirements they themselves posted. To say that it does would be vulgar and undeserved flattery. That was the one expectation they had to meet. They failed. I only read up on the all advertised but missing features afterwards, whle browsing their own forums since I had nothing better to do when the goddamn thing threatened to fry my GPU and reading about all that only made me more indignant towards the way CDPR just swindled us all. Some of us are hunky-dory about it. Some of us actually have some goddamn self-respect though.
Yama-Kami: I live here in reality though and knew this game would never live up to any expectations I set for it myself. As such I am able to enjoy it thoroughly for what it is.
KentGAllard: "Lower your standards" and "expect dishonest advertisement" is not exactly the most compelling message out there.
Yama-Kami: I am sure in some ( and I don't care to guess how much) amount of time, bugs will be dealt with and (free) dlc will help fill in areas that were cut for time.
KentGAllard: From my personal experience with CDPR, I'm not putting my money on that. They didn't fix the Russian dub of Witcher 3 they themselves screwed up, despite all their "WE CARE FOR THE CUSTOMERS" posturing, so I don't have any faith in them.
Yama-Kami: Now with all that being said, friendly reminder this is not even in the realm, of on topic for this discussion about a mechanic request, and I would ask you leave this debate further for threads where it is the topic at hand.
KentGAllard: "Here's a wall of text. Please do not respond to it" - no thanks, I will decline that request.
-----------
The funny thing is, I was kinda-sorta able to find the solution for the technical problem I had. Which required me to install the drivers from October instead of the ones CDPR kept recommending. Only then it stopped crashing like there's no tomorrow. And I'm still blaming CDPR for this because
A) They were the ones recommending those drivers, and
B) Their tech support didn't help me in the slightest. They still haven't even looked at my request.
Which is a testament to how incompetent and customer-unfriendly this company has become.
And, you know, it doesn't make up for all the stuff they just lied about.
I'm sure your a swell fellow, but I am not reading all this, as again this is not even remotely on topic for this thread. People should be held accountable for what they say and do. Not for hyperbole though. And that is all I am going to say about it, as I wish to stay on topic here.
Post edited January 04, 2021 by Yama-Kami