It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

How long do you suppose before they break their promise of no micro transactions?

Let's be honest, we all know it's coming. CP2077 is literally the most hyped game of this console generation. CDPR would be insane not to cash in on that hype with a micro transaction driven multiplayer mode.

And now I await 101 excuses why it's okay for CDPR to do this.
low rated
quadruplesword: How long do you suppose before they break their promise of no micro transactions?

Let's be honest, we all know it's coming. CP2077 is literally the most hyped game of this console generation. CDPR would be insane not to cash in on that hype with a micro transaction driven multiplayer mode.

This is CD Projekt Red we're talking about. Get off your soap box.
Hickory: This is CD Projekt Red we're talking about. Get off your soap box.
You mean just because it's CDPR means it is untouchable for criticism?
low rated
Yunipuma: You mean just because it's CDPR means it is untouchable for criticism?
Don't put words into my mouth.
Yunipuma: You mean just because it's CDPR means it is untouchable for criticism?
Hickory: Don't put words into my mouth.
I'm not. I was just asking you an honest question, your lordship.
low rated
Yunipuma: I'm not. I was just asking you an honest question, your lordship.
Yes, you were.
Yunipuma: I'm not. I was just asking you an honest question, your lordship.
Hickory: Yes, you were.
Look at my post. It has the question mark, yes? I was asking you a question. No more, no less. But your lordship do not like to answer the questions of unworthy.
Or am I wrong again?
Yunipuma: Look at my post. It has the question mark, yes? I was asking you a question. No more, no less. But your lordship do not like to answer the questions of unworthy.
Or am I wrong again?
He's an autistic sperg who takes offense to any perceived slight , best to ignore him.
Post edited September 11, 2019 by Sevnarco
Wow, this topic degenerated immediately.
quadruplesword: How long do you suppose before they break their promise of no micro transactions?

I actually doubt they will introduce micro-transactions, since it would be insanely stupid for them to tarnish their reputation as consumer advocates that way, and I think they realize that. But, of course, we can't be too careful. The thing is, unlike their perceived image as a Polish, traditional, conservative, non-wackadoodle brand, which they never really cared about, CDPR has always been careful to craft a reputation as pro-consumer (no DRM, region-free pricing, good support service, etc.). That is something I believe they will want to protect.
Well, that's excuse number one; only a hundred more to go. It's not a very good excuse though, it relies on the mutual agreement that CDPR can somehow be trusted to never make a bad decision, on purpose or by accident, which sadly is impossible even in theory, and has recently proven to be untrue also in practice. Also, don't tell other people how to live their life.
Any other things you don't want put into your mouth? Also, again, don't tell other people how to live their life...
Hickory: Yes, you were.
Oh, the irony... You realize that you are putting words into his mouth by saying this, right, you hypocritical crybully?
guys lets just wait till the game comes out, if CDPR should brake there promise people will call them out on there BS and everyone of us hase the freedom to not buy or support them
Jackisme: guys lets just wait till the game comes out, if CDPR should brake there promise people will call them out on there BS and everyone of us hase the freedom to not buy or support them
No.
If we stand our ground there is still a chance that they will change some of the bad decisions (Windows 7 support, return of man/woman option, maybe even some TP view for us to enjoy our character in his/her her clothes).
If we remain silent they will release the game as it is now & then no changes will be possible (because it will be too costly for them financially).
Post edited September 11, 2019 by Yunipuma
Jackisme: guys lets just wait till the game comes out, if CDPR should brake there promise people will call them out on there BS and everyone of us hase the freedom to not buy or support them
Yunipuma: No.
If we stand our ground there is still a chabce that they will change some of the bad decisions (Windows 7 support, return of man/woman option, maybe even some TP view for us to enjoy our character in his/her her clothes).
If we remain silent they will release the game as it is now & then no changes will be possible (because it will be too costly for them financially).
yes i agree with the man/ women and windows 7,
in the end its CDPR Game and they do what ever they want if they fuck up or lie to people they will lose money at best,
and i never said to not stand your ground.
I wish that CDPR would stand there ground and just make that Game as they want it to be that all i want :)
Honestly, I think the multiplayer might be bit tacked-on.

Correctly if I'm wrong, but other than the Gwent spin-off game when did CDPR ever make a multiplayer game? This will be first time they are going to have multiplayer in their games.

If they are going with the traditional multiplayer option, I can already see the standard TDM, Capture the Flag, and Control point featuring maps from their single player experience. It will probably be something that we already saw dozens of times in COD games, especially in the ones with futuristic-setting. Maybe featuring a hacking mini game to make the game modes unique. Custom game modes if we are lucky

The other direction I see them taking is one of those drop-in and out co-op gameplay for the single player campaign, which will be a good thing. Two (or maybe even four) players work together to complete missions, and they get to use their own characters from their game. But I can also see balancing issues, where stronger players join low-level game, brushing through the mission.

Again, these modes might sound fun on the paper, but will probably be boring in practice. There is also a good chance CDPR not delivering at least functional multiplayer, since they have no experience in making a multiplayer.

However, since CDPR has different mindset compare to 2K, Ubisoft, or EA, I do not see them trying to capitalize on the multiplayer. They already said no MTX or lootboxes for singleplayer, and I am sure the promise will carry over.

At best, I think there will be season pass and paid dlcs, but each dlcs containing contents for both single and multiplayer.
One question, what is wrong with ONLY cosmetic microtransations? There is no problem with it, the problem is when company is too greedy and implement P2W elements there.
sgy0003: The other direction I see them taking is one of those drop-in and out co-op gameplay for the single player campaign, which will be a good thing. Two (or maybe even four) players work together to complete missions, and they get to use their own characters from their game. But I can also see balancing issues, where stronger players join low-level game, brushing through the mission.

Again, these modes might sound fun on the paper, but will probably be boring in practice. There is also a good chance CDPR not delivering at least functional multiplayer, since they have no experience in making a multiplayer.
I like this idea (on paper, as you say). Assuming the loot is generated for each player individually rather than shared, and the balancing is done well indeed, it could prove quite fun.
But with this, even more than with other multiplayer, it becomes concerning that you are forced to interact with other players who can mismatch their voice and 'body type', not to mention clothing.

I wonder if you're right about the possibility of them throwing in the towel on multiplayer. It doesn't seem very CDPR, in my impression, to be satisfied with dysfunctional game modes. Then again, it also doesn't seem on brand for them to hire a different company with more experience to help out.

sgy0003: However, since CDPR has different mindset compare to 2K, Ubisoft, or EA, I do not see them trying to capitalize on the multiplayer. They already said no MTX or lootboxes for singleplayer, and I am sure the promise will carry over.

At best, I think there will be season pass and paid dlcs, but each dlcs containing contents for both single and multiplayer.
'Sure' is an overly strong word, but I agree, they (still) care about their consumer-friendly reputation too much to dabble in that sort of thing.

If it is done well, DLC may not be the worst way of providing the game with longevity.

@Ramalian: I agree, if the micro-transactions are truly purely aesthetic there would be nothing bad about them, though also nothing good, imho. My concern with multiplayer micro-transactions, is that devs often start leaking in some p2w anyway under the guise of harmless cosmetics.