It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Mailanka: You're going to have to move on at some point. Microsoft will stop supporting Windows 7 in January of 2020, which means you'll be dead in the water regarding security updates and the like, and if you want to know what that looks like, check out Windows XP and the ransomeware that swept through that community. There might, maybe, be some non-MS people who offer updates, but it's in Microsoft's interests to quash any support for Win7 to encourage you to buy buy buy the latest versions.

If you really want to stick it to those greedy corporations, you're probably better off switching to Linux, especially the versions that have dedicated support teams like Ubuntu, and then advocating for CDPR to support that OS.
If I ever move on from Windows XP (yes, I'm still using it) & Windows 7, it definately will be Linux. Win 10 and the road map M$ presented leaves no questions - spyware is here to stay.
Mailanka: You're going to have to move on at some point. Microsoft will stop supporting Windows 7 in January of 2020, which means you'll be dead in the water regarding security updates and the like, and if you want to know what that looks like, check out Windows XP and the ransomeware that swept through that community. There might, maybe, be some non-MS people who offer updates, but it's in Microsoft's interests to quash any support for Win7 to encourage you to buy buy buy the latest versions.

If you really want to stick it to those greedy corporations, you're probably better off switching to Linux, especially the versions that have dedicated support teams like Ubuntu, and then advocating for CDPR to support that OS.
Yunipuma: If I ever move on from Windows XP (yes, I'm still using it) & Windows 7, it definately will be Linux. Win 10 and the road map M$ presented leaves no questions - spyware is here to stay.
I'll be honest, the only reason I use windows at all is that most games don't support Linux, and my wife is very into AAA games. If Vulcan or SteamOS ever really takes off, I'm there, man.
Yunipuma: If I ever move on from Windows XP (yes, I'm still using it) & Windows 7, it definately will be Linux. Win 10 and the road map M$ presented leaves no questions - spyware is here to stay.
Mailanka: I'll be honest, the only reason I use windows at all is that most games don't support Linux, and my wife is very into AAA games. If Vulcan or SteamOS ever really takes off, I'm there, man.
Tell me about it :/ I'm currently on W8.1 with a Start8 shell to emulate a W7 interface, because of video games. As soon as the Linux gaming market finally takes off properly, I'll be on Ubuntu or Mint quicker than you can say 'cyber-anarchist'. My worry is, how am I going to teach my ancient and digitally-impaired parents to use Linux, when W7 is no longer supported...
sgy0003: However, since CDPR has different mindset compare to 2K, Ubisoft, or EA, I do not see them trying to capitalize on the multiplayer. They already said no MTX or lootboxes for singleplayer, and I am sure the promise will carry over.

At best, I think there will be season pass and paid dlcs, but each dlcs containing contents for both single and multiplayer.
sgy0003: 'Sure' is an overly strong word, but I agree, they (still) care about their consumer-friendly reputation too much to dabble in that sort of thing.

If it is done well, DLC may not be the worst way of providing the game with longevity.

I said that purely based on how well they did with the Witcher 3 dlcs
DLC's are cancer in my mind, every damn DLC in tripple A games is overpriced i mean 1/3 or even 50% of the game price and it add just 10 to 20% game content ?

The other thing is why i rarely buy DLC's is because they take that long untill they are released, when i dont paly the game anymore.
Final Fantasy 15 i played the game on release day and do you think i got one DLC ? no i didnt because it was way too long untill i finished the game and dont wanted to start and learn the mechanics again.
Ni No Kuni 2 the same and many more games.

I got The Witcher 3 on GoG but no DLC's but have the DLc's on other platforms with the game, and yea im the one guy who never finished the Witcher 3 and never started any DLC of the game.

But anytime i will do that, and i have alot of DLC's i never played like Horizon Zero Dawn ... i even never finished the game and it was a great game. The Problem is just too many games and no time to play them all, 2020 i focus just on Final Fantasy 7 Remake and Cyberpunk 2077 maybe The last of us 2 but if the games have big content then i need any months to finish them.

So DLC's can be great we saw that in Resident Evil 2 they add free DLC's and it wasnt long after the Release, but im not playing Resident Evil 2 anymore and i dont know if there are DLC's out yet that cost money and add more play time, because i dislike to start a game when i finished it.
Code Vein .. when they bring out a DLC then i wount get it because i finished the game.

Farcry 5 i got the edition with all DLC's included and when the DLC's was released i played just one and thinked "rly what a garbage of money making" and never touched the other DLC's.

So pelase no DLC's if they take too long untill they are released for Singel Player games or are to overpriced.

Microtransaction in Multiplayer im fine with that as long as it is Fair,

The Whorst MTA you can see in League of Legends, sure it is just a Skin but they can bann you so fast because for stupid reasons and you lose the skins, because you dont own them when you buy them.
In singel player games there is no risk of that.

in Multiplayer games like Apex Legends you can buy them too but i really dislike the idea to take hundert of dollers just to give you the chance to get the item you want, in the mobile game market the people spend that much money on items that you will cry i mean i know games they spend 1000 of $ and that many times, and this is nothing for me to waste that much money.

Final Fantasy 14 have a Shop where you can buy stuff for the ingame account like new mounts or pets or skins or clothes what ever.
But it is fair in my mind because they have that much stuff in the game already that a extra wount hurt if you buy it and the prices are very fair there.
The ingame items you can get for free are cool looking so a skin from a Shop just add a extra and i think if you play that game and pay every month money to play it (abo) then it dont hurt if you spend extra 2 to 10 / 20 € to get something.

So Microtransaction ok but as long as it is fair and not overpriced.
Post edited December 17, 2019 by mastermind2k
Honestly, I dont get whats wrong with the monetization they are planning. They said that nothing you can pay for will make you stronger in a sense, as long as its not pay to win, I dont understand the problem here. And if you are a nice person and don't do anything bannable, why in gods name would they ban your account with skns worth tens of thousands of bucks? lul

If the system is like RD Online, you can buy every microtransaction without spending a single real "whatever your currency is". It will possibly only be skins like every other game has. Games are doing this for almost a decade now and if you don't want to pay for it ... then don't, simple as that.

On the Win7 subject:
On newer processors (Ryzen series) Win7 cant even be installed if im not wrong, (or was it XP?). Anyhow, some day in the not too distant future you either have to install windows 10 or a successor or go for a Linux version. Many games on steam and GOG have native linux support (SteamOS and whatever else) or use Wine.
Post edited December 19, 2019 by thaneize