It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

This is the best intro explaining the industry.

https://youtu.be/1oN5v0mcTMs
I don't usually watch AJR but yes, he has a point. The state of the whole industry is appalling. When a developer/publisher set a retail price around 50-70 USD they automatically set the bar pretty high concerning content and quality. Many did the same mistake before they really were ready, including Hello Games.

They promised much, but in the end everything is just barely legally there...the rest simply isn't there. I really feel sorry for Pondsmith and Reeves.

Seriously, why do AAA games have to be so simplified (read: dumbed down) and so hollow? People say this is an RPG, but in reality it's worse than Fallout 4 and GTA V combined and it was changed to action-adventure (with rpg-mechanics) by CDPR themselves. I do fear they will just leave it and just focus on bugfixing so they can turn it into a GTA V Online clone. Then they don't have to make it a proper game, but we lost our money either way.

If they didn't scrapped most of the game and did a do-over about 2-2.5 years ago I think CDPR should find something else to do, because this "game" doesn't show 5-8 years worth of progress at all. Especially when we take into account how many developers CDPR have, and how many different teams they have that work simultaneously, like a 8 core having 16 threads, with overtime.

And like you said in another thread, it's people that makes thunderous applause to mediocre games that are the worst and partly the reason we can't have good games any longer.. It's just mindboggling how some people can't see what's really (isn't) there. Just show them some fancy and cool graphics and they're hooked. Some even put on their narrow-view mask (kinda like those roach has so he can focus on just seeing straight) and lazily calls any critique for just being a hate-train. Personally, I neither hate the game nor CDPR.

But what if Tesla promised a 800km car and just delivered a 200km car that people had pre-ordered for the price of a 600-800km car? People would rightly be angry and upset, and lawsuits would rain upon Tesla. Then again, the gaming industry can pretty much "promise" or commit false advertisements without any repercussions.
Post edited January 13, 2021 by sanscript
LOL

That video intro was pretty good!
Post edited January 13, 2021 by ast486
ast486: LOL

That video intro was pretty good!
"Did EA give this to you?!"

Good stuff.
Beginning is funny :)
I gave up on Angry Joe a few years ago, but his CP76 review was excellent. It encapsulated everything wrong with the game and he showed extensive footage of his own streams/gameplay with endless bugs on a no doubt premier rig; finally putting to bed the petulant fanboi dismissal of ‘lol no potato lel’.

Worth-a-Buy alsogave it a fair review. Lesser known, but the review by 21Kiloton was pretty balanced and extensive too.

Yongyea however exposed himself as a YT buck-chasing fraud with his massively premature praise-filled review (since tried to reverse his position). And Jim Sterling, becoming ever more unbearable with each passing week, has posted endless hate for the game DESPITE freely admitting he has not and will not play it.

AJ on the money. And that opening of AJ’s was vintage, back to his best. “Try some microtransactions, now this is the really good stuff”
Post edited January 13, 2021 by Omarios
Omarios: I gave up on Angry Joe a few years ago
He panders so hard for Sony.
Attachments:
yep.jpg (164 Kb)
BAD CDPR, BAD!! Winners don't use drugs!!
*Spraying CDPR with spray bottle*
Post edited January 14, 2021 by Tony064
I refuse to watch Joe anymore. In recent years, all he does is whine about EVERYTHING. I'm 100% okay with criticism if it's fair and not excessive. However, he's become a spoiled, entitled crybaby who can't give credit to anyone. Any form of microtransactions (regardless of how well they're implemented)? "I should get everything for my base purchase." Just a couple bugs in a sandbox game/RPG on day one? "Unacceptable, we deserve more." Game wasn't centered around his own, individual desires? "I've never been more disappointed."

In general, gamers need to cut the crap. Constructive criticism is fine if it's voiced in a fair manner and if said critic is willing to give the dev/publisher some slack. However, so many gamers these days are overly entitled crybabies who flip their lid if a game doesn't cater to their individual demands, has any form of post-launch monetization OR has bugs. It's disturbing, to say the least.
Jakob, you are why companies get away with releasing games like this.
JakobFel: I refuse to watch Joe anymore.
Jim Sterling is 1000x worse, Wah wah my leftist agenda and dreams have been crushed How Dare You!, Then he's off using other peoples misery to push his world view and how everyone should change because he says..

Joe just tugs that Sony shaft so lovingly, He gets on my nerves mostly.

decourcy22: Jakob, you are why companies get away with releasing games like this.
With that mindset yes I choose to ignore that bit, It might be a shill lets see.
Post edited January 14, 2021 by wayke
decourcy22: Jakob, you are why companies get away with releasing games like this.
There's nothing wrong with releasing games like this. Open world games, particularly of the sandbox/RPG variety, will ALWAYS have bugs at launch. It's just an inevitability. Gamers need to realize that or get out of this genre entirely.

JakobFel: I refuse to watch Joe anymore.
wayke: Jim Sterling is 1000x worse, Wah wah my leftist agenda and dreams have been crushed How Dare You!, Then he's off using other peoples misery to push his world view and how everyone should change because he says..

wayke: With that mindset yes I choose to ignore that bit, It might be a shill lets see.
Lol I don't know who Jim Sterling is but that sounds pretty atrocious.
JakobFel: There's nothing wrong with releasing games like this. Open world games, particularly of the sandbox/RPG variety, will ALWAYS have bugs at launch. It's just an inevitability. Gamers need to realize that or get out of this genre entirely.

wayke: Jim Sterling is 1000x worse, Wah wah my leftist agenda and dreams have been crushed How Dare You!, Then he's off using other peoples misery to push his world view and how everyone should change because he says..

With that mindset yes I choose to ignore that bit, It might be a shill lets see.
JakobFel: Lol I don't know who Jim Sterling is but that sounds pretty atrocious.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8RTgWC23ng

vomit
JakobFel: There's nothing wrong with releasing games like this. Open world games, particularly of the sandbox/RPG variety, will ALWAYS have bugs at launch. It's just an inevitability. Gamers need to realize that or get out of this genre entirely.

Lol I don't know who Jim Sterling is but that sounds pretty atrocious.
wayke: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8RTgWC23ng

vomit
A few minutes in and I can definitely see where you're coming from lol, wow.
JakobFel: A few minutes in and I can definitely see where you're coming from lol, wow.
Yeah that thing makes AJS look like a perfectly reasonable.