It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I am sick and tired of people saying how great the game is because they "didn't have unrealistic expectations."

There are fundamental issues with this game that make it less enjoyable than it could have been. Period.

Better AI, more meaningful loot, and a better wanted system are three examples that would improve the game. None of those should be considered some lofty expectation.

I didn't expect this to change the world, but I definitely expected more than this. Seems like no matter what my expectations were, the d**k riders would claim that they were unrealistic.
meatwizard: I am sick and tired of people saying how great the game is because they "didn't have unrealistic expectations."

There are fundamental issues with this game that make it less enjoyable than it could have been. Period.

Better AI, more meaningful loot, and a better wanted system are three examples that would improve the game. None of those should be considered some lofty expectation.

I didn't expect this to change the world, but I definitely expected more than this. Seems like no matter what my expectations were, the d**k riders would claim that they were unrealistic.
precisely.

3rd person pov and remap my inventory button. simple, no?

oh but wait... i shouldnt have those expectations? fuk these tards with that noise.
meatwizard: I am sick and tired of people saying how great the game is because they "didn't have unrealistic expectations."

Right now the problem is that CDPR already have our money. And my fear is that they don't give a **** to do something with the missing content. They gonna patch the consol/pc bugs and that's all. After that they give you some red T-shirt dlc for free.

Guys try to refund the game if you can. Right now this company not deserve this money.
Post edited December 18, 2020 by urza7
meatwizard: Better AI, more meaningful loot, and a better wanted system are three examples that would improve the game. None of those should be considered some lofty expectation.
The NPC AI is horrible will give you that, the poeple are so completly unbeivable in all possible ways. I can accept them popping in and out of existance but there reaction of things si downright stupid. they cant drive they cant run away right. Look at saints row for a great example of AI! I want an NPC revamp more then anything else!

I'm 100% happy with the loot, Ive been very satisfied with that Ive found in my 50 hours of playing. I would like inv colors to represent attachments though. A hot pink scope on a black gun and you cant tell until its installed is really bad.

the cops are silly.. i tested it and just stood on a roof killed 20 people got 4 stars and just walked away.. they neve chased or followed. wanted level means nothing, its arbitrary. the cops are completely worthless and need fixed but not as much as the AI NPC's.

As for 3rd person? I don't care, this game was never 3rd person never over the shoulder it was never billed as that so its time to get over it. You cant want and be mad that it doesn't have this feature when it was never supposed to from thew start, that decision was made a very longtime ago.

============================================

So basically I would like to see NPC upgrade in there behaviors so they can flee, stop and talk, more then a single line, have dynamic whatever in speech "blue talking options" they can drive around stuff so a single chunk of anything in the street doesn't stop them in there tracks. look at saints row or GTA5

After that a police upgrade, you cant spawn in cops if you kill someone in an alleyway thats silly, no trauma team cert and no one saw you anyways. A reason to worry about wanted levels, make them chase you, dont auto spawn them thats a "cop out" and make them have loot to wear and use. See saints row 3 for how to do it right.

As a personal request... Trauma Team means nothing and its such a be part of the world.. give us trauma team for our selves, lets see them drop down for people on the street we kill or cops we ice.... make them exist more then a stupid prop on the scene. Make them matter and allow us to fight kill them and use there gear, allow us to buy a levl of protection. Make them fly in if we kill a corpo on the street in the fancy part of town.

Finally augments are silly and have zero impact, lets have a sit in chair animation and some interaction with the doctor to make it feel more important and real that were replacing half out body with artificial stuff. The first encounter with a ripper doc and our eyeball was very nice... hell i wouldn't mid seeing the same animations over and over with the others for each limb with the option to skip if we want. just make it feel like it matters!
On one hand critique is fine, on the other hand I often see something dumb, like "I can't disable TAA - literally unplayable." "I can't remap this or that button, REFUND!!!". I mean, these moments can be legit papercuts, but it doesn't look like a reason to get mad even slightly. And such overreacting makes others deaf to all critique really quickly. It doesn't help at all.

Can the game be improved? Yes, everything can be improved. Should you get mad to the point when even vitriolic text can't hide your emotions? Absolutely not.

It is quite possible that community managers read all feedback and take notes to pass them for later development discussion, and you have more chances to be heard by staying calm and typing something that is not a turn off reading.

“The scope of one’s personality is defined by the magnitude of that problem which is capable of driving a person out of his wits.”
Void Eclipse: On one hand critique is fine, on the other hand I often see something dumb, like "I can't disable TAA - literally unplayable." "I can't remap this or that button, REFUND!!!". I mean, these moments can be legit papercuts, but it doesn't look like a reason to get mad even slightly. And such overreacting makes others deaf to all critique really quickly. It doesn't help at all.

Can the game be improved? Yes, everything can be improved. Should you get mad to the point when even vitriolic text can't hide your emotions? Absolutely not.

It is quite possible that community managers read all feedback and take notes to pass them for later development discussion, and you have more chances to be heard by staying calm and typing something that is not a turn off reading.

“The scope of one’s personality is defined by the magnitude of that problem which is capable of driving a person out of his wits.”
I don't disagree, but I'm not sure how this relevant to my point.
Of course players are upset, CDPR spent 100+ mill and 7 years and metacritic is standing at 87. Witcher 3 was made with much less money and time and it has 93.

Ive seen this before in game industry, they spent way way way too much time making Night City and they forget everything else.

Oddly though I like this much more than Witcher 3. Even with its problems. But I think Witcher 3 was more commercial. I could be totally wrong here but I think this was meant to be online/mmo game, then for some reason they turned it into single playing game, maybe they saw what happened to ESO?
Post edited December 18, 2020 by Cyberway

Well, the thing is a lot of people did have unrealist expectaions and are very vocal about it. The game not turning out to be a hybrid of GTA, CoD, and Deus Ex, and then running to the forums to bitch that their dream game didn't come true, are those with unrealistic expectations; giving criticsm or suggestions about bugs and systems that someone is having problems with is not.

As for your examples, I do think they need to work on driver and combat AI, I'm fine with the pedestian's AI but more dialogue variety would be nice. Weapon and clothing items I'm good with but the cybernetics (especially the arms) were a bit of a let down for me. Havine vendors for specific brands, types, and black market corp weapons and armor would be nice. Cops definately need a lot work, I just hope they don't go the full GTA wanted route.
They might not be "THE" problem, but they are "A" problem. A large portion of the flack the game is getting on PC is because there is no chance in hell it could have ever lived up to being one of the most hyped games of all time.

That's not to say the game doesn't have problems, because it does, but a lot of the problems the game does have are being blown out of proportion.
Heartstopper: They might not be "THE" problem, but they are "A" problem. A large portion of the flack the game is getting on PC is because there is no chance in hell it could have ever lived up to being one of the most hyped games of all time.

That's not to say the game doesn't have problems, because it does, but a lot of the problems the game does have are being blown out of proportion.
It could have easily lived up to MY expectations, including the ones listed here.
Void Eclipse: On one hand critique is fine, on the other hand I often see something dumb, like "I can't disable TAA - literally unplayable." "I can't remap this or that button, REFUND!!!". I mean, these moments can be legit papercuts, but it doesn't look like a reason to get mad even slightly. And such overreacting makes others deaf to all critique really quickly. It doesn't help at all.

I agree with your general point, but just try to play this game left handed, you'll see how the inability to rebind all keys on my keyboard the way I see fit is not really a "papercut". We have 102 keys on a keyboard to use, and we've always been able to map them however we want. It's an industry staple, and we should not let it die. Some people - me included - have been getting used to a specific mapping other than WASD for more than 20 years, and it's not easy to change that, especially not for no good reason. And there's really no good reason to harcoding the keys like they did, no matter how we look at it.

Other than that, again, I agree with the general gist of your post. Especially the part about keeping the tone reasonable and avoiding toxicity.
The one company that has provided support and patching for their games and people are crapping on them hard, I get the anger but it's clear to see that this was a massaged decision made by marketing morons to release this, Unlike EA UBisoft and the rest who make promises than fail on delivery then ban anyone in forums they have control over who ask questions that could hurt the sales.

The game will get better
i wasnt really interested in cyberpunk since im not a fan on witcher 3 (too much handholding,.. that minimap and questmarkers just make it feel like assassins creed or whatever) so i didnt watch all the promotion videos but from what i read...

npcs with full day and night cycle.. did people really expect that every npc on the street has its own complex and unique day and night cycle? i mean wtf xD

and people claim braindance was removed.. im not too far into the story but i had 3 braindances, did people expect to get a braindance from every civillian on the street?

that is high expectations imo...
zatom.gozu: i wasnt really interested in cyberpunk since im not a fan on witcher 3 (too much handholding,.. that minimap and questmarkers just make it feel like assassins creed or whatever) so i didnt watch all the promotion videos but from what i read...

npcs with full day and night cycle.. did people really expect that every npc on the street has its own complex and unique day and night cycle? i mean wtf xD

and people claim braindance was removed.. im not too far into the story but i had 3 braindances, did people expect to get a braindance from every civillian on the street?

I fhink people were expecting braindances outside of specific quests. They are constantly referenced throughout the game, and to add insult to injury there's even a vendor that sells them as items whose tooltip says they won't work with your software.
zatom.gozu: i wasnt really interested in cyberpunk since im not a fan on witcher 3 (too much handholding,.. that minimap and questmarkers just make it feel like assassins creed or whatever) so i didnt watch all the promotion videos but from what i read...

Ubisoft claims just that with Watch Dogs: Legion

CDPR ain't a small company they have more resources at it's disposable then a watch dog have
I dont know why CDPR spend most of it's resources but sure as hell is not on game play, voice acting or main quest.