It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Maybe someone will make a third person mod..On PC I believe that it is possible.For me I don't have any problem with first person but I understand that some people might not like it.
Homelet: A solution I would absolutely love to see in CP2077 would be to start the game in 1st person "as intended", but giving the possibility very early in the game to get an implant that controls a "3rd eye drone" that would follow you and allow you to see yourself.
If there is a single game that could pull this off without breaking "immersion" it's this one, because it would fit the lore if it's seen as an enhancement, and people who don't care about 3rd person view could just ignore it and hopefully not be too sore in the @$$ at the thought that others can enjoy their game a lot more thanks to that option !

I doubt we can have this, but who knows, maybe someone will make a mod, that could be the next best thing I guess...
Eruanne: I agree, I prefer beeing able to choose. I respect that they think first person is better for immersion, but that is not an option for me. And yeah VR works... sooo... hope that the game supports VR and I can afford a VR system soon? xD
Going to be an expensive aquisition of the game :D

Seriously heartbroken that they removed 3rd person option.
Links: Am I missing something obvious here? Why is it that you can't play 1st person games?

We still know basically nothing of the technical side of things for this game.
Eruanne: There are several medical conditions that don'T allow you to play first person. I can't say anything to that, but I do suffer from extreme motion sickness. as soon as I move the camera (yeah even slowly and with big angle) I start to feel very dizzy and nauseatic. If I ignore that, I literally see black and almost faint (or it feels like that).

So I really can't play first person. Or not more than a few seconds :D

Shame really, I am sure this game going to be pretty good :).
This is why games should have a GOOD range of FOV options.
And by a good range, I mean up to 130 FOV.
I also get sic/nauseous and can get migraines from games, and setting the correct FOV, whether in 3rd person or 1st person (it doesnt matter, play ESO for example, which lets you play in 3rd and 1st, and also has fov slider AND lets you set the distance away you want the camera from the 3rd person view). Its the OPTIONS that will or wont let 'eye sensitive' people from playing a game, and not what view it is in.

Blame the consoles, developers, and publishers for the lousy or missing FOV or Camera options, not what TYPE of game it is.
Eruanne: Hello,
I am very intersted in the game. But I really can't play anything in first person.
Yes I tried several tricks, but its really bad.

So, is it ONLY first person? will we get a possibility to mod it to 3rd person?

Can't find any update on store page.
Homelet: They had talked about having both 1st and 3rd person in the beginning, but then dismissed 3rd person a while back, and just like you I really have a lot of trouble enjoying 1st person games so it was a very big downer for me at the time (well it still is).

Some people will argue that 1st person is the only way to ever achieve a sense of realism (in a game about cybernetic implants and flying cars) and that people like us shouldn't be allowed to play games in the first place, but unless maybe you play in VR, I personally think that 3rd person helps compensate the lack of other senses with more vision to better the perception of your surroundings and therefore can actually help immersion.
Plus in a solo rpg (is there a competitive multiplayer mode announced ?) there is no need to debate about weather or not 3rd person is "cheating" (which kind of admits that playing in 3rd person is better in a way).

I am not saying that either one is objectively better, but I love being able to choose and even better if I can do it with the press of a button, and in a game like this I definitely want to be able to rotate the camera around my character and enjoy the open world in a "cinematic" way, whenever I feel like rather than only in cut scenes, but here is the problem, making a game that works well in both views requires a lot of work on cameras, and it means ressources to spend on that feature.

Some games offer their own solutions for that, for example I can think of GR wildlands that allows 3rd person but "forces" 1st person when you press the aiming key, and I for one am not bothered at all by it because it works pretty well and seamlessly.
And honestly, even if I can easily admit that 1st person is fine for shooting, I really can't remember a single game in which I thought that 1st person melee combat was successfully achieved and satisfying (then again I tend to steer clear of 1st person only games so it might exist, maybe Dishonored ??).
Most of the time I think it looks a bit ridiculous, and from what I have seen it doesn't look like I am going to have a revelation here.

A solution I would absolutely love to see in CP2077 would be to start the game in 1st person "as intended", but giving the possibility very early in the game to get an implant that controls a "3rd eye drone" that would follow you and allow you to see yourself.
If there is a single game that could pull this off without breaking "immersion" it's this one, because it would fit the lore if it's seen as an enhancement, and people who don't care about 3rd person view could just ignore it and hopefully not be too sore in the @$$ at the thought that others can enjoy their game a lot more thanks to that option !

I doubt we can have this, but who knows, maybe someone will make a mod, that could be the next best thing I guess...
Dark Messiah of Might and Magic was amazing for it's time and FP melee combat :)
Terralventhe: Practice doing what? Not vomiting?
invenio: Try playing a little farther away from the screen. I find that the motion sickness is reduced if the game screen represents a small field of view.

At the end of the day, it looks like Cyberpunk will be essentially a FPS with heavy character modification. The 50 minute gameplay video released earlier pretty much confirms this. I don't think they will change the game direction at this point.
The mods are another reason for me to play as 3rd person only. I want to see my character if mods are important in a game. As FPS that feature is kinda useless in my personal opinion.
I'm not a big fan of RPG games but Cyberpunk 2077 maybe will change my mind. However i was really expecting a third person perspective. I tink immersion can be very personal and not everyone will react in the same way. For example if i play Skyrim in VR version i love the be in the first person perspective but when i tried some RPg games (non VR) i love to see my character and all gear and customization i worked for and my immersion was not borken at all.
Honestly developers should have simply added both modes availables and the player could choose whatever game style prefers.
At least i hope they'll give modders enough stuff so thay can make third person perspective a thing.
Post edited July 09, 2019 by burning_chrome
burning_chrome: I'm not a big fan of RPG games but Cyberpunk 2077 maybe will change my mind. However i was really expecting a third person perspective. I tink immersion can be very personal and not everyone will react in the same way. For example if i play Skyrim in VR version i love the be in the first person perspective but when i tried some RPg games (non VR) i love to see my character and all gear and customization i worked for and my immersion was not borken at all.
Honestly developers should have simply added both modes availables and the player could choose whatever game style prefers.
At least i hope they'll give modders enough stuff so thay can make third person perspective a thing.
The game was originally going to be third-person with a toggle between that and first-person. But then they rebooted game production at least twice, and decided to slack off and push out a fast-release instead, and just kept a lot of the third-person content like character customization, and then tried to spin it as "this was the intention all along" while insisting everyone ignore the numerous instances of them mentioning third-person first and first-person second or not at all.
It is the only downside to the game for me. I... get motion sickness from 1st person perspective. I hope that they'll figure a way to work 3rd person view in.
imo, 1st Person will give you the proper sense of scale of such a grand/ amazing environment, allow you to see small (possibly very important) details which would otherwise remain unseen if your camera was 10ft. behind you, and give you the most immersive experience.

However... I suppose it would be nice if they gave everyone the option for both. But if it's only one or the other, I'll go with 1st Person.
Regarding issues for those who suffer from medical conditions where they might be unable to play the game; CDPR has been looking into ways to make it as playable as possible. This is mentioned in an article here: https://wccftech.com/cyberpunk-2077-interview-accessible-non-shooter-fans/

To give you some more hope it might also interest you to know that cyberpunk fan and youtuber Mad Queen also suffers from a condition that inhibit First-person perspective play and she also talks in one of her videos about how they are attempting to address the issue as well as how these conditions can impact people. So there is hope for those facing those sorts of difficulties to be able to play it.

Here's the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8MwyXBfKik
Post edited July 20, 2019 by Srunner5053
Srunner5053: Regarding issues for those who suffer from medical conditions where they might be unable to play the game; CDPR has been looking into ways to make it as playable as possible. This is mentioned in an article here: https://wccftech.com/cyberpunk-2077-interview-accessible-non-shooter-fans/

To give you some more hope it might also interest you to know that cyberpunk fan and youtuber Mad Queen also suffers from a condition that inhibit First-person perspective play and she also talks in one of her videos about how they are attempting to address the issue as well as how these conditions can impact people. So there is hope for those facing those sorts of difficulties to be able to play it.

Here's the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8MwyXBfKik
Thankfully, I have two solutions:
- Not buying the game
OR
- Not buying the game until someone mods in third-person view

In both situations I avoid being reduced to a sweating, aching, dizzied and dryheaving, vomiting mess every 5-10 minutes of gameplay, and in one of them I do that plus save a ton of money too.
Post edited July 29, 2019 by Terralventhe
Olfrygt: And? It's Singleplayer. Mass Effect has the same system and u can play it however u like.

For me it's ez, i wont buy the game. I rly want but i hate first person its feels always so wrong to me. Exception for me are only some multiplayergames with friends like Destiny 2. But even there first person reduces the fun for me.
invenio: I'm not saying it's good or bad. I'm just giving a realistic example of why the developers may want to stick with one view only. I can see how the developer would want a certain level of "difficulty" in the game to keep it challenging. Swaping views in certain areas may turn a challenge into a cake walk that gives the player no sense of accomplishment. It's like saying, I like games that have invinsibility mode. OK,... so what. That is certainly not the gameplay that most developers intend their players to have.

You of course a entitled to your opinion and preferences. Nobody is forcing you to buy a first person only game.
nobody is forcing people to not switch into 3rd person to counter that "unfair advantage" for a couple moments during the couple of times in an enormous game where cover is one feature of what will determine the outcome of one encounter. The fact that this seems to be the ONLY argument ever brought up against providing a 3rd person option cracks me the hell up... It's not an "unfair advantage" if everyboy can "3rd-person peek," kiddies.
Post edited October 06, 2020 by andyhavens