It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I was reading a post on IGN yesterday. You can swap between a third and first person from what I read; i am not 100% sure though.
Attachments:
MarvT: I was reading a post on IGN yesterday. You can swap between a third and first person from what I read; i am not 100% sure though.
You can only swap between first and third person when you are driving or riding a motorcycle. On foot it's first person only.
Post edited June 12, 2019 by xgribbelfix
It's a bit offtopic, i'm so sorry, but it'S just a little question: Is every character in Cyberpunk 2077 a Cyborg like "Alita"?
invenio: I think the reason why they went with 1st person and NOT being able to choose 3rd person is that in a game like this (unlike say the Witcher) it changes the actual gameplay.

For example, Cyberpunk will have a cover system. So if your character wants to peak around a corner while taking fire from the enemy it will put you at risk for getting shot. A 3rd person view would offer a dramatic unfair advantage as you can "artificially" look around a corner and see when the enemy is reloading a gun and take advantage. Obviously, in real life you don't get to peak around corners without taking a risk. 3rd person view in a game like this would offer a substantial advantage in gameplay. I don't think they want to use the "view system" as a difficulty setting adjuster.
And? It's Singleplayer. Mass Effect has the same system and u can play it however u like.

For me it's ez, i wont buy the game. I rly want but i hate first person its feels always so wrong to me. Exception for me are only some multiplayergames with friends like Destiny 2. But even there first person reduces the fun for me.
Post edited June 12, 2019 by Olfrygt
invenio: I think the reason why they went with 1st person and NOT being able to choose 3rd person is that in a game like this (unlike say the Witcher) it changes the actual gameplay.

For example, Cyberpunk will have a cover system. So if your character wants to peak around a corner while taking fire from the enemy it will put you at risk for getting shot. A 3rd person view would offer a dramatic unfair advantage as you can "artificially" look around a corner and see when the enemy is reloading a gun and take advantage. Obviously, in real life you don't get to peak around corners without taking a risk. 3rd person view in a game like this would offer a substantial advantage in gameplay. I don't think they want to use the "view system" as a difficulty setting adjuster.
Olfrygt: And? It's Singleplayer. Mass Effect has the same system and u can play it however u like.

For me it's ez, i wont buy the game. I rly want but i hate first person its feels always so wrong to me. Exception for me are only some multiplayergames with friends like Destiny 2. But even there first person reduces the fun for me.
Yeah, some competitive shooters and primarily fps allow to play in 3rd, although the fairness argument is valid in that specific kind of game. I am absolutely no expert since like I said I try to avoid 1st person games as a whole so correct me if I'm wrong but I can think of SW battlefront 2 (at least it has a quality right there) and even arma 3, which is pretty hardcore in terms of shooting mechanics...

Moreover, I just took a screenshot from a video showing gameplay in which we can clearly see that shooting from behind cover is not the reason (this is from a Laymen video but the original footage must be out there).

At least we should have 3rd person for vehicles, that's a good start.
Attachments:

Olfrygt: And? It's Singleplayer. Mass Effect has the same system and u can play it however u like.

I'm not saying it's good or bad. I'm just giving a realistic example of why the developers may want to stick with one view only. I can see how the developer would want a certain level of "difficulty" in the game to keep it challenging. Swaping views in certain areas may turn a challenge into a cake walk that gives the player no sense of accomplishment. It's like saying, I like games that have invinsibility mode. OK,... so what. That is certainly not the gameplay that most developers intend their players to have.

You of course a entitled to your opinion and preferences. Nobody is forcing you to buy a first person only game.
So we're gonna justify first person style with any level of "challenge". The game is announced cRPG if i noticed correctly, shooting is not main feature of any real cRPG. Well, apart from that FPS is not pretty good idea for consoles, i guess one of features was to see your avatar changing with use of cybertech, now we gonna see gun sticking in the frames covering 1/3 of the monitor (which is so "realistic", i mean keeping gun/knife in ready-to-action position). If i planned preorder it is cancelled now. I missed many "great" games, this one doesn't make difference.
Post edited June 12, 2019 by Aurelinus
Alexrd: I'm still holding out hope that they are including third-person view. The first-person aspect is conspicuously absent from all recent official descriptions of the game.
then lets hope for that. because I wuold preorder it.... but not if I can't play it :D
Aurelinus: So we're gonna justify first person style with any level of "challenge". The game is announced cRPG if i noticed correctly, shooting is not main feature of any real cRPG. Well, apart from that FPS is not pretty good idea for consoles, i guess one of features was to see your avatar changing with use of cybertech, now we gonna see gun sticking in the frames covering 1/3 of the monitor (which is so "realistic", i mean keeping gun/knife in ready-to-action position). If i planned preorder it is cancelled now. I missed many "great" games, this one doesn't make difference.
The 50-minute gameplay demo that they released a few months back seemed to be pretty heavy on the FPS aspect. I think the gameplay dynamic will be very much like Deus Ex (ie, a FPS with augments).
Eruanne: Hello,
I am very intersted in the game. But I really can't play anything in first person.
Yes I tried several tricks, but its really bad.

So, is it ONLY first person? will we get a possibility to mod it to 3rd person?

Can't find any update on store page.
Try playing "Far Cry: Blood Dragon" for practice.
Eruanne: Hello,
I am very intersted in the game. But I really can't play anything in first person.
Yes I tried several tricks, but its really bad.

So, is it ONLY first person? will we get a possibility to mod it to 3rd person?

Can't find any update on store page.
gvalcha_ar_vergen: Try playing "Far Cry: Blood Dragon" for practice.
Practice doing what? Not vomiting?
Terralventhe: Practice doing what? Not vomiting?
Try playing a little farther away from the screen. I find that the motion sickness is reduced if the game screen represents a small field of view.

At the end of the day, it looks like Cyberpunk will be essentially a FPS with heavy character modification. The 50 minute gameplay video released earlier pretty much confirms this. I don't think they will change the game direction at this point.
Not that I think anything will change, but put another +1 for 3rd person. (For the usual nausea reasons.)

Certainly won't pre-order now...

David
Post edited June 14, 2019 by zzqzzq_zzq
My issue is not with any particular aversion to FPS games, nor with any motion sickness effect on me, but with the IP and the game not only offering a lot of aesthetic customization (which is actually relevant to the game universe itself) and then not have the player be able to see and appreciate the character he's playing as and the customization he wasted so much time on.

It's just counter-intuitive in that regard. I've waited for years for this game hoping for a 3rd-person style RPG, it's just sad to see them opting for something else...
Terralventhe: Practice doing what? Not vomiting?
invenio: Try playing a little farther away from the screen. I find that the motion sickness is reduced if the game screen represents a small field of view.

At the end of the day, it looks like Cyberpunk will be essentially a FPS with heavy character modification. The 50 minute gameplay video released earlier pretty much confirms this. I don't think they will change the game direction at this point.
tried that. really strong with me :(

zzqzzq_zzq: Not that I think anything will change, but put another +1 for 3rd person. (For the usual nausea reasons.)

Certainly won't pre-order now...

David
did that. there are 2 version of this now, thank you for telling me :)

@alexrd: Yeah, that too. I respect that thy think that way is better, but I always prefer options.