It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The update is 10GB BUT it actually implements changes to some of the existing files, meaning around 50GB of data has to be changed. That is why GOG GALAXY needs roughly 50-60GB of free space for the patch to successfully update.
Alternatively, you can uninstall the pre-load and install it again - that should also do the trick.
Post edited December 09, 2020 by Beaubergine
i'm trying to update the game but i'm getting this failed massage attached, already tried closing and reopen the gog app.
anyone else encounter this?
Attachments:
This question / problem has been solved by Beaubergineimage
already solved the problem it turn out that it need more then 40GB free space that i already have, and it's weird considering the patch is only 9.7GB.
i'm having the same problem and i have more than 40GB free space
The problem is similar by me. I began update the game and the update stoped on 56%. I have morte then 150GB free space on my D drive wehre i installed the game
hampusjo95: i'm having the same problem and i have more than 40GB free space
How much more? While it was doing the update the 60GB space the game was taking up increased to 120GB. After the update was finished it went back down.
Post edited December 09, 2020 by BloodNog
hampusjo95: i'm having the same problem and i have more than 40GB free space
try to free more space and reload the gog app ( 120GB - the game size that already occupied = the free space that you need )
Me too, it says that there isn't enough space in my SSD (?) with an error code -E8- and i have more than 62 Gb free
Post edited December 09, 2020 by Vertigoth
Same here. I downloaded ~60 GBs on Monday. Now I have ~55 free. But I can't download the update and I can't see how much space it requires. Error E8.
Attachments:
Beaubergine: The update is 10GB BUT it actually implements changes to some of the existing files, meaning around 50GB of data has to be changed. That is why GOG GALAXY needs roughly 50-60GB of free space for the patch to successfully update.
Alternatively, you can uninstall the pre-load and install it again - that should also do the trick.
After the predownload i have 62 Gb free, why doesn't work?
Had 60 GB free. Deleted GTA 5 to 150 GB. And now it's updating. Just 9.7 GB.
Noticed in the temp folder it was downloading a new .exe - but it was a trap cause after download it still says the same thing when you hit play xD
I'm stuck at applying the new patch myself. Just sits at 92% forever
Plushun78: The problem is similar by me. I began update the game and the update stoped on 56%. I have morte then 150GB free space on my D drive wehre i installed the game
:'v Same here
They need to be better about this type of information. few gigs here and there is nothing, But this game requires 10s of Gigs of space more than initially mentioned for installation. Something like that would be nice to know beforehand.