It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The update is 10GB BUT it actually implements changes to some of the existing files, meaning around 50GB of data has to be changed. That is why GOG GALAXY needs roughly 50-60GB of free space for the patch to successfully update.
Alternatively, you can uninstall the pre-load and install it again - that should also do the trick.
Post edited December 09, 2020 by Beaubergine
It's patching files making temporal copies. Copying archives from archive into !Temp\archive folder, downloading patches, patching files, then moving back overwriting original archives.

That's why requires as much free space as whole game plus patch size. So checks for 69 GB before patching.
Post edited December 09, 2020 by coth_rus
Beaubergine: The update is 10GB BUT it actually implements changes to some of the existing files, meaning around 50GB of data has to be changed. That is why GOG GALAXY needs roughly 50-60GB of free space for the patch to successfully update.
Alternatively, you can uninstall the pre-load and install it again - that should also do the trick.
So.. i have 254 gb free on my ssd.... and that is AFTER i downloaded the preload for 50 gb.. now im stuck at 56% with 9,7gb day 1 patch....

any clarification on this?.. a lot of people seem to have the same problem..

would be nice with a reply from GOG (who is owned by the game developer). is it an error on gog galaxy? or is it an error on a patching server or something like that? (general error on all platforms).

EDIT: Ok... so after i posted this it litteraly took 1 min.. then it went up to 61%... soooooo i take it back xD i have no idea as to what i did other than free 200 + gb on my hdd
Post edited December 09, 2020 by Xrann
KesEU: I'm stuck at applying the new patch myself. Just sits at 92% forever
me Too :/
It's not just me then ? :-/ I have 653GB free, so I left it to update / apply patch. Came back two hours later and GOG Galaxy said it failed because I didn't have enough space !!!

Rebooted & restarted client ... update jumped to 56% then got stuck for an age (but has literally just started ticking up ... fingers crossed !)
Post edited December 10, 2020 by czechboysonic
KesEU: I'm stuck at applying the new patch myself. Just sits at 92% forever
sonosawada: me Too :/
Same here. I have been at 90% forever. I killed it after an hour and a half and tried again. am stuck at 90% for the 2nd time now. I preloaded and started the patch before 4pm.
sonosawada: me Too :/
LilPaisley: Same here. I have been at 90% forever. I killed it after an hour and a half and tried again. am stuck at 90% for the 2nd time now. I preloaded and started the patch before 4pm.
I give up...
I'm reinstalling GOG and cuberpunk
I've restarted both Galaxy and my PC, added it to Avast exceptions, and so on, and after multiple attempts it hangs around 92% during the "Applying Patch" phase.

This game was pretty much the only reason I had to wake up this morning. I guess maybe I should just go back to sleep.
How much of free space? Is it SSD or HDD? Did you try to uninstall Avast? Try also delete Galaxy\Games\Cyberpunk 2077\!Temp folder.
Post edited December 10, 2020 by coth_rus
Beaubergine: The update is 10GB BUT it actually implements changes to some of the existing files, meaning around 50GB of data has to be changed. That is why GOG GALAXY needs roughly 50-60GB of free space for the patch to successfully update.
How do you call that solved? Re-install 60 GB every patch. Obviously GOG was a bad idea
This was indeed the solution, but that is ridiculous. Would the steam version do the same? This is my first GOG game, and if that is the update process, I sorely regret purchasing here. I often leave my SSD with 40 GIGs to spare, but even this was not enough. I had to move games out of the SSD in order to do this update. This is not how it should be ... and it doesn't help that they don't TELL you this. Thank you for the forum and this post - at least I can do it now ... but one should not be expected to have ALL this free space for an update.
GOG update 2.0.33 solved the problem for me.
You can now specify a temporary folder to dump the updates in and it no longer fails.