It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Same with me....

Worked through all "solutions" from the official Support site:
https : // support.cdprojektred.com/en/cyberpunk/pc/sp-technical/issue/1568/the-game-is-not-launching-5

But still get Error on Startup.

Hope that will be fixed soon....
i found a fix that worked for me. I have Nvidia GTX 1660 Ti GPU and use an external wide screen (34 inch) monitor. I kept getting case where it would start if i did repair then rebooted PC then started. Each time it worked, the resolution of game on extertnal monitor was something very small (the smallest of that aspect ratio possible).

I tried Launching from the Nvidia geforce experience app and noticed that the resolution field was blank (it shows optimization vs. current settings for a bunch of things in that app). After setting the resolution to something i could launch.

sometimes game would crash and my GPU wouldn't show up properly in device manager. possibly related.

so here are steps folks could try:
1 run repair (may not be necessary)
2. reboot
3. ensure GPU is showing in device manager
4. launch with geforce experience app - after verifying the resolution setting.
Turbochuck: Try this:

Using file explorer, go to %LOCALAPPDATA%\CD Projekt Red\Cyberpunk 2077 and look for the UserSettings.json file. Make a backup of it, just in case you make a mistake. Open the file in notepad and search for "raytracing". You will see an options section with three (in my case) ray tracing options:

RayTracing
RayTracedReflections
RayTracedLighting

Each of the three sections will have a "value" field set to true. Change the "true" to "false", save the file, and try launching the game now.
I've looked in the %localappdata% and I don't see a cd project red folder or cyberpunk2077 folder.
Have you tried any of the solutions mentioned on this page: Cyberpunk 2077 Not Launching
Try out these methods and let me know if it worked or not.
Nehakumari65: Have you tried any of the solutions mentioned on this page: Cyberpunk 2077 Not Launching
Try out these methods and let me know if it worked or not.
I have tried every step. I booted to safe mode, removed graphics drivers. Started in clean boot and installed the latest driver. I removed all MS C++ Dists and installed the latest. I verified the game (which downloads 29Mb EVERY time I do a verify).

I even installed the Windows 20H2 update, just in case that was the case.

And it STILL crashes when trying to launch it.

I am about to try the "verify, reboot and play" option someone mentioned. Although I don't have the NVidia experience app installed, so I will launch the game direct for exe.

Update: Verify, reboot and play method did not work
Post edited December 24, 2020 by xenph
Just received feedback from my support request - turns out my CPU cannot handle the game. This is probably why it is crashing on start up.

I suggest everyone that is having this issue check the minimum spec and ensure EVERY piece of hardware is >= minimum spec.
xenph: Just received feedback from my support request - turns out my CPU cannot handle the game. This is probably why it is crashing on start up.

I suggest everyone that is having this issue check the minimum spec and ensure EVERY piece of hardware is >= minimum spec.
On NexusMods there are some Tweaks etc that fix this apparently.

https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/107

I don't know as my performance is not an issue the game is riddled with quest breaking and broken scripts to the point of me giving up after 125hrs, I can't continue playing the Ai and other errors have really pissed me off.
Post edited December 29, 2020 by wayke
xenph: Just received feedback from my support request - turns out my CPU cannot handle the game. This is probably why it is crashing on start up.

wayke: On NexusMods there are some Tweaks etc that fix this apparently.

I don't know as my performance is not an issue the game is riddled with quest breaking and broken scripts to the point of me giving up after 125hrs, I can't continue playing the Ai and other errors have really pissed me off.
I don't know what's broken for you but I've only encountered one issue with the game. That was a bug which made a duplicate V stand on top of herself while riding a bike. It lasted three seconds and disappeared. Yes there are bugs but I've not encountered any game breaking ones. They are fixing them as fast as they can.
wayke: On NexusMods there are some Tweaks etc that fix this apparently.

jon7882: I don't know what's broken for you but I've only encountered one issue with the game. That was a bug which made a duplicate V stand on top of herself while riding a bike. It lasted three seconds and disappeared. Yes there are bugs but I've not encountered any game breaking ones. They are fixing them as fast as they can.
I get that they will patch this but really it should not have been released.

The COP Ai why cops teleport onto you.

Equip a Hand Launcher
Open inventory the full window not the quick select, Go into throwables equip a grenade, Exit that open quick select and Hand Launcher needs to be reinstalled by a Ripper DOC.

Broken Geometry and Portal culls, Certain sections have been skipped there are holes in geometry certain places if you stand on the corner it culls the geometry data when you peak so you're looking into an abyss or bright light.

Script order of executions out of place which breaks quests and makes it so you can't finish it..

I've all so had V stand on V's head whilst riding a bike on a ramp in Japantown seems repeatable.

Duplication glitch of NPC props not so bad Deus Ex did this with smoking all the time same with GTA 5..

Cops disappear instantly if you walk into the ripper doc shop when being chased they appear in there and shoot you in the safe zone they poof gone.

Cars and Z offset problems can cause items to fall out of the world.
Props and Z offset problems prevents player interactions in certain missions.
Effects and Z offset problems just more glitchy looking crap.
NPC Z offset problems causing a NPC to fallout of the world.

There's other bugs to but the COP AI made me lose it, Just so trash I hate being in the game I kill everything now.
jon7882: I don't know what's broken for you but I've only encountered one issue with the game. That was a bug which made a duplicate V stand on top of herself while riding a bike. It lasted three seconds and disappeared. Yes there are bugs but I've not encountered any game breaking ones. They are fixing them as fast as they can.
wayke: I get that they will patch this but really it should not have been released.

Equip a Hand Launcher
Open inventory the full window not the quick select, Go into throwables equip a grenade, Exit that open quick select and Hand Launcher needs to be reinstalled by a Ripper DOC.

Broken Geometry and Portal culls, Certain sections have been skipped there are holes in geometry certain places if you stand on the corner it culls the geometry data when you peak so you're looking into an abyss or bright light.

Script order of executions out of place which breaks quests and makes it so you can't finish it..

I've all so had V stand on V's head whilst riding a bike on a ramp in Japantown seems repeatable.

Duplication glitch of NPC props not so bad Deus Ex did this with smoking all the time same with GTA 5..

Cops disappear instantly if you walk into the ripper doc shop when being chased they appear in there and shoot you in the safe zone they poof gone.

There's other bugs to but the COP AI made me lose it, Just so trash I hate being in the game I kill everything now.
I haven't had the cop AI issue or the geometry AFAIK. I've had the issue where I can't pick up some items on the ground but nothing game breaking. Yet anyway.
wayke: I get that they will patch this but really it should not have been released.

Equip a Hand Launcher

jon7882: I haven't had the cop AI issue or the geometry AFAIK. I've had the issue where I can't pick up some items on the ground but nothing game breaking. Yet anyway.
Run some people down or kill a bunch of people with a grenade Cops teleport into rooms next to you it's so bad, Even GTA San Andreas a game from 16 years ago has better Cop Ai than this, This is on the level with Saints Row 1.
jon7882: I haven't had the cop AI issue or the geometry AFAIK. I've had the issue where I can't pick up some items on the ground but nothing game breaking. Yet anyway.
wayke: Run some people down or kill a bunch of people with a grenade Cops teleport into rooms next to you it's so bad, Even GTA San Andreas a game from 16 years ago has better Cop Ai than this, This is on the level with Saints Row 1.
I've done just that. I agree they seem to get there quick but I just drive away. No big deal imo. Could be fine tuned a bit I will agree on that.
digglorgog: Game crashes on startup here too on a GTX 1070 + Win 10. Doesn't even show the main menu. Game files are verified and i'm using the latest NVidia driver from today. Seems like the CrashReporter.exe is buggy which is used to launch the game.

It also throws that error if you launch "Cyberpunk 2077\bin\x64\CrashReporter\CrashReporter.exe" manually

The stracktrace.txt found in "%LOCALAPPDATA%\REDEngine\REportQueue" shows:

Message: Gpu Crash for unknown reasons! Callstack here is probably irrelevant. Check if Breadcrumbs or Aftermath logged anything useful.
File: e:\r6.patch0hotfix2\dev\src\common\gpuapi\src\dx12\gpuapidx12error.cpp(40)
Try this for Windows 10:

-Go to System
-Click or type Advanced system settings
-Go to the Advanced tab
-Click Settings under the Performance box
-Go to Advanced tab
-Click Change under Virtual Memory box
-Click on C: drive (If greyed out uncheck box for Automatically manage paging file size for all drives)
-Go to Custom size and recommend putting half of total RAM of your computer. For example,
if you have 8GB RAM put 4096MB for both initial size and maximum size
-Click on Set then OK
-Click Apply and OK
-You may have to restart PC

Hopefully that might help.
Anyone else on LTSC and getting this error at the start?