It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Sinafey86: As i posted in the other thread, try disabling GOG overlay, havent tested this solution myself, as im half-way to installing the game again..sigh..

Let me know if this actually works
Same issue. Tried this fix with no change as well.
TwiceDead: Got it as well.

Windows 8.1
GTX 1070, latest drivers
i7-6700k

Sinafey86: As i posted in the other thread, try disabling GOG overlay, havent tested this solution myself, as im half-way to installing the game again..sigh..

Let me know if this actually works
TwiceDead: First fix I found, and it didn't work for me.
Damn, and here i was hoping itll be a quick fix ;/

Personally, every time i did a verify files, it was downloading some 29mb file...ill see what will happen after the reinstallation
Ah Well, looks like the bug got us all. I came here looking for a fix hopefully. No such luck it seems.
Try this:

Using file explorer, go to %LOCALAPPDATA%\CD Projekt Red\Cyberpunk 2077 and look for the UserSettings.json file. Make a backup of it, just in case you make a mistake. Open the file in notepad and search for "raytracing". You will see an options section with three (in my case) ray tracing options:

RayTracing
RayTracedReflections
RayTracedLighting

Each of the three sections will have a "value" field set to true. Change the "true" to "false", save the file, and try launching the game now.
I have the same problem. With 1080 GTX, didn't work on old drivers (445.87) and it doesn't on new ones (460.79)
I have 2 144hz monitors and a 60Hz tv connected. I've tried changing all the 3D settings in my NVIDIA control panel. I've reinstalled and verified the files.
It's 3AM now so I'm done troubleshooting for now, I hope someone here figures it out. Good luck guys.
TwiceDead: Got it as well.

Windows 8.1
GTX 1070, latest drivers
i7-6700k

First fix I found, and it didn't work for me.
Sinafey86: Damn, and here i was hoping itll be a quick fix ;/

Personally, every time i did a verify files, it was downloading some 29mb file...ill see what will happen after the reinstallation
Okay now I'm really confused, disabling the overlay seemed to have worked in my particular case, will keep testing.
Turbochuck: Try this:

Using file explorer, go to %LOCALAPPDATA%\CD Projekt Red\Cyberpunk 2077 and look for the UserSettings.json file. Make a backup of it, just in case you make a mistake. Open the file in notepad and search for "raytracing". You will see an options section with three (in my case) ray tracing options:

RayTracing
RayTracedReflections
RayTracedLighting

Each of the three sections will have a "value" field set to true. Change the "true" to "false", save the file, and try launching the game now.
i looked up mine and it is already default at "false" for value.
Had to do a full uninstall and clean install of my GPU drivers. Game seems to be working okay for now. Give it a go.
It is 3am in Poland. Hopefully they have a night shift....
Game crashes on startup here too on a GTX 1070 + Win 10. Doesn't even show the main menu. Game files are verified and i'm using the latest NVidia driver from today. Seems like the CrashReporter.exe is buggy which is used to launch the game.

It also throws that error if you launch "Cyberpunk 2077\bin\x64\CrashReporter\CrashReporter.exe" manually

The stracktrace.txt found in "%LOCALAPPDATA%\REDEngine\REportQueue" shows:

Message: Gpu Crash for unknown reasons! Callstack here is probably irrelevant. Check if Breadcrumbs or Aftermath logged anything useful.
File: e:\r6.patch0hotfix2\dev\src\common\gpuapi\src\dx12\gpuapidx12error.cpp(40)
Post edited December 10, 2020 by digglorgog
GTX 1070 + Win 10 The game start with audio but just show a black window.
Turbochuck: Try this:

RayTracing
RayTracedReflections
RayTracedLighting

I don't have such folder
It would be really funny if Windows 8.1 really wasn't supported, because one of the reasons i upgraded from Win 7 was because i felt more on the safe side with 8.1. :|

For me it doesn't matter right now what i do. I installed the DirectX packages, updated Display Driver already earlier, disabled the overlay and also ran as Admin (although i am Admin already).
Post edited December 10, 2020 by xenomat
TastyMints: Had to do a full uninstall and clean install of my GPU drivers. Game seems to be working okay for now. Give it a go.
doesnt help for me(
xenomat: It would be really funny if Windows 8.1 really wasn't supported, because one of the reasons i upgraded from Win 7 was because i felt more on the safe side with 8.1. :|
I have Windows 10 and it doesn't work for me either.