The sound is looping on my machine as well after upgrading to Windows 10.
I really wish i had waited to upgrade!
I tried everything on this list that support sent me to no avail:
1) Please make sure that yo u use "Run as Administrator" to install and to start the game (right-click on the shortcut or setup file and select "Run as Administrator").
2) Please reinstall the game AND add it to your anti-virus/firewall software's exception/trusted list. Simply disabling firewall or AV software could not be enough, since some of those software's are running still in background or in services list.
3) Reinstall the June 2010 DirectX runtime package, then use the DirectX web installer.
You can find the archive file containing the 2010 package installation files here: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109
You will have to extract the files into some folder, then open that folder and launch the DXSETUP.exe file in order to proceed with the installation.
Afterwards, download the latest DirectX web installer and use it as well: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35
4) AMD recently provided hotfix for their drivers. Please update your graphics device drivers: http://support.amd.com/en-us/download
5) Please reinstall Visual C++ 2013 SP1 Redistributable Packages: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40784
after pressing Download select:
6) Maybe you have some settings forced on your graphics device in Catalyst Control Center. If so then try to reset them:
I) Right-click on your desktop and select Catalyst Control Center.
II) In the upper-right corner of the window, select Preferences.
III) Select Restore Factory Defaults.
7) Please open the Control Panel (you can do it by using WinKey+X key combination) go to Programs > Programs and Features, click the Turn Windows features on or off link, find the Legacy components on the list, enable DirectPlay and click OK to install it.
none of that worked. The best 'fix' i can come up with for now to make it playable is turn music off, and when one of the city sounds starts looping, right click an engineer's post since it has a 'silent' city sound. Its playable then until win 10 comes out with a patch or a true fix is found. I want to get Pharaoh and Zeus as well but not if it has this same bug. Do you have these games? Are they doing the same thing?
I too have this problem with Caesar III. Both Pharaoh and Zeus are absolutely fine for me however.