It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

EfanOne: brilliant! worked like a charm :)

thanks mate! i shall name my character after you! uhmm....maybe for the 2nd playthrough :p
Glad that worked! How nice of you to offer to name a character after me! You don't need to do that though... just thinking of me a couple of times a day is good enough.
Good mod for increasing font size with widescreen. Works great with my 1440x900.

http://www.shsforums.net/topic/38626-bigger-fonts-for-bgiitob-and-other-ie-games/
phanboy4: I'll see if I can dig up a Tutu guide...

Ah well, for a "vanilla" BG 1 in the BG2 engine, install this:

http://usoutpost31.com/easytutu/

Then this:

http://mods.pocketplane.net/bg1tutu/Tutufix_v18.rar

Then this:

http://mods.pocketplane.net/bg1tutu/TutuGUIv18_plain.rar

I believe you can also use the Infinity Engine widescreen patch if you want, but I haven't tried that myself.
phanboy4, you mention some mods that I haven't seen any one else bring up. What are Tutufix_v18.rar and TutuGUIv18_plain.rar for?

EDIT:

Looking at the EasyTutu page, I wonder if Tutufix_v18 is included in EasyTutu:
EasyTutu includes a large number of features, bug fixes and add-ons over and above those included with traditional Tutu and Tutufix.
EasyTutu was updated in 2009, and according to my Googling, Tutufix_v18 came out before that, but did the 2009 update include Tutufix? Hmm...

As for Tutu GUI, the link is from this page. It looks worthwhile, but skip-able:
Prefer BG1's stone looks to the BG2 interface style? Think Tutu is lacking that last bit of BG1 authenticity? Now you can replace the interface to give the game its original BG1 appearance while still gaining the benefits of Tutu's higher resolutions and other enhancements! This mod will work at 640x480, 800x600 and 1024x768.
EDIT REDUX:

So I finally got around to installing EasyTutu today (the start of my holidays), and lo and behold, the installer answered my question:
Please note that if you use Tutufix
v17 or better, you will not need to worry about what's
OK to install and what isn't, because as of v17, Tutufix
has been programmed to recognize EasyTutu and to offer
acceptable choices only.
Post edited December 18, 2010 by Nimnio
csnearly4: Good mod for increasing font size with widescreen. Works great with my 1440x900.

http://www.shsforums.net/topic/38626-bigger-fonts-for-bgiitob-and-other-ie-games/
Good find, but from the screenshot the text looks a little too large now. Apparently he's updating it to have smaller sizes soon, so I may update the guide to include this if that happens.
I'm stuck, i've gotten to download the bgt-weidu but can't get it to extract, i tell it to extract to C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Baldurs Gate II but it says it can't find the path specified.
csnearly4: Good mod for increasing font size with widescreen. Works great with my 1440x900.

GoJays2025: Good find, but from the screenshot the text looks a little too large now. Apparently he's updating it to have smaller sizes soon, so I may update the guide to include this if that happens.
At the resolution I'm running at, most of the text is fine. Occasionally you'll lose a letter or two at the end of a tooltip, but it is vastly superior to squinting at tiny text, in my opinion. Hopefully the updated version will fix the few issues it has.
Will Fields of the Dead work with this setup? And also, since this uses BGT, what's your stance on the use of SCS?
riddleofsteel: Will Fields of the Dead work with this setup? And also, since this uses BGT, what's your stance on the use of SCS?
I don't think Fields of the Dead will work... in the readme it says Tutu isn't compatible either. As for SCS... to be honest, I've never used it, so I can't say much about it. All I've heard is that it makes the AI better and hence the game harder. I'm not a pro at the game, so I've never needed a mod making things even more difficult for me.
Hmm, okay. I am tied between going with my current mega install, with all the added content yet all the potential buggy imbalance that entails, and the lighter alternatives. The lighter alternatives are either a bgt-based "lite" install that I hand-confgure and a nearly purist install with only a couple of essential fixes. I know it's a minor decision, but it's one that I'm having a very hard time making. I have never finished BG1 and only finished BG2 once back in 2000. Any advice based on those facts? Thanks.
riddleofsteel: Hmm, okay. I am tied between going with my current mega install, with all the added content yet all the potential buggy imbalance that entails, and the lighter alternatives. The lighter alternatives are either a bgt-based "lite" install that I hand-confgure and a nearly purist install with only a couple of essential fixes. I know it's a minor decision, but it's one that I'm having a very hard time making. I have never finished BG1 and only finished BG2 once back in 2000. Any advice based on those facts? Thanks.
Oops, sorry, I didn't mean to completely ignore you!

Anyway, I probably wouldn't install a lot of new stuff on top, maybe just the unfinished business mod for BG2 and some tweaks from the tweakpack. It'd be different if you already finished it like 5 times, but once back in 2000... you probably don't remember a lot of what happened in the game.
I tried to install the BGT using BiG, but it is always saying that the 26498 patch is not yet installed. I tried to download it manually and installed, but no luck. Tried the 26499 beta patch, didn't work. Tried to downgrade to 26498 again... the mod keeps telling me that the patch isn't there!

Anyone knows a workaround or what am I doing wrong?

I got the movies at CD5 problem too, but I just created the CD5/Movies in the root folder and copy/paste all the movies from BGII - SoA/data/movies. :)

Man, this is giving a hell of a headache.
Bump for utility.
Another bump for utility :)
Don't forget the GREATEST MOD IN THE HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE...

JERRY ZINGER!!!

And I'm not just saying that because I wrote "Knights who wear Naughty Lingerie and the Women who love them"....

(PS: I had nothing to do with Latex Gnomes...blame Sconrad for that.)
EdwinJanssen: And I'm not just saying that because I wrote "Knights who wear Naughty Lingerie and the Women who love them"....
Oh dear.