It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Any Update here? I cann't play online multiplayer.
Hi,
Is there any progress? I don't want to buy this game on steam ( their version works with Uplay ). I can't use my multiplayer code in Uplay client either.. not even to to get Anno without Venice, as some people here mentioned.
Get in touch with GOG support
Links: Get in touch with GOG support
Hi ! There is a way to play in multiplayer now or still get in touch with GOG support ?
Links: Get in touch with GOG support
Kyrtu: Hi ! There is a way to play in multiplayer now or still get in touch with GOG support ?
Sorry for the delay.

I don't have the means to test how it's working at this moment.

If you can't use multiplayer right now and you don't see an easy way to fix it, you should contact GOG support.
Post edited February 19, 2020 by Links
Hey guys

Since I had quite a discussion with the Ubisoft and the GOG-Support on this topic lately and now have new issues, I wanted to share this with you:

I bought the Anno1404 Gold Edition via GOG

I could copy the Multiplayer Key from Gog (go into your library, on the game, then under "more --> CD Key" you find it)

I went ingame into the VENICE Addon (not the original) and created an online profile, which I could succesfully link to my ubisoft account with the key I got from GOG. For that I needed the key (obviously) and the Ubisoft login data. Careful: you have to login with a special username, not your normal username (in german its called "Einzigartiger Benutzername") --> its the first username you used for the creation of your ubisoft account. You can find it in the Ubisoft account management.

So I had my online-account for multiplayer and thought, everything was fine.

First Issue:
Since I could activate my key and connect it to my Ubisoft account, I thought it should now pop up and be connected to my UPLAY. But this was not the case.
After some back and forth with the Ubisoft Support and the GOG Support I figured out:
The GOG Key is obviously not "compatible" with the UPLAY client and even though I had the game linked to my Ubisoft account and could confirm it to Ubisoft they refused to add ANNO1404 to my UPLAY-Games. In the end I resigned.

NEW, second issue:
Today I wanted to play it again after a while. I have no idea what the hell changed, but now my Online Profile, which was succesfully linked to my Ubisoft-account, fails to autenticate whenever I start the game and asks me for my password. My passwort for the ubisoft account doesn't change anything, it keeps failing to autenticate...

In Summary: I deeply regret to have bought this game over GOG, it only gave me troubles so far.

Greetings Chemicus
Just a quick update:

Ubisoft support fixed the autentification problem.
The online profile works again.

Only downside remaining: Its still not part of my uplay games.

Greetings Chemicus
Chemicus: Just a quick update:

Ubisoft support fixed the autentification problem.
The online profile works again.

Only downside remaining: Its still not part of my uplay games.

Greetings Chemicus
I am asking myself loudly; so if it will not be the part of our uplay account why we bought that...
Hi I have the same Problem with the key :c