It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

13xforever: I, for one, would also argue that the option to store credentials permanently should be added. Even Blizzard caved in with their Battle.net launcher. It's just unpractical to fill in the autogenerated password every time I want to play the game.
There is no need to store your actual credentials, to allow you to stay logged in. You only have to login once, and the app will be able to securely access your account every time.
13xforever: I, for one, would also argue that the option to store credentials permanently should be added. Even Blizzard caved in with their Battle.net launcher. It's just unpractical to fill in the autogenerated password every time I want to play the game.
Venom: There is no need to store your actual credentials, to allow you to stay logged in. You only have to login once, and the app will be able to securely access your account every time.
Yes, I presume that security token is better than the login/password, but it's still a credential. Anyway, just tested out and it seems that the new launcher already has it. Even between the games (The Witcher Adventure Game picked it up). Sweet, no more copy/pasting every time!
Minor annoyance:

Is it really necessary that the launcher creates new shortcuts after every update? Deleted two shortcuts from the start menu yesterday ("Aliens vs Predator Classic 2000" and "Aliens vs Predator Classic 2000 - Galaxy Client") after I got two new shortcuts with the update ("Alien vs Predator Classic 2000" and "Alien vs Predator Classic 2000 - Galaxy Client"). Today's update brought back "Aliens vs Predator Classic 2000" and "Aliens vs Predator Classic 2000 - Galaxy Client" in the start menu, deleted "Alien vs Predator Classic 2000" in the startmenu and on the desktop and left "Alien vs Predator Classic 2000 - Galaxy Client" in the start menu untouched (don't have it on the desktop).

Even if you sort out the problems with the naming inconsistency (I guess that's what creates two shortcuts), it's still annoying when you have to move the desktop shortcut at its right place after every update.
I noticed that clicking on "Send multiplayer or launcher feedback" just loads a picture of the support icon.
Removed everything I saw, reinstalled the game. Client still does not run. Nothing happens when I run it.

Tried it also on another PC I have here at home, same result. Am I the only one here?
I was able to try this for a bit today. Multiplayer was working fine, not too much of an issue there as far as I know. Maybe I'll need to play a bit more time to play.

The client, I did notice that my forum username is used as the nickname in game. Will this change so I can use a different in-game nickname? I'm someone who likes to keep my forum name and gaming nicknames seperate. Not a big deal, but would be nice, even if the option is part of the launcher only.

I remember from the announcement video (ok I confess, I watch it from time to time again) the words "cross-play". I notice the multiplayer menu is the same as what a friend gifted me on Steam. A friend also has this on Steam, would this mean I can play him?

Just wondering, if anything comes up, I'll post here or use the feedback button in the launcher.
olafurw: Removed everything I saw, reinstalled the game. Client still does not run. Nothing happens when I run it.

Tried it also on another PC I have here at home, same result. Am I the only one here?
Do you mean galaxyclient.exe?

If so, you are supposed to something called "Alien vs Predator Classic 2000 - Galaxy Client"
It runs both the game and the client :)
Post edited October 18, 2014 by Tpiom
Installed the game. Checked the "launch game" box at the end of the install process:
'"Galaxy Updater Failed"
Failed to move files on first launch of AvP after installation'"

Tried to launch game again, signed into GOG Launcher 0.1.0.456. After signing on it gave me options to change my email address or password (rather than updating which I didn't know was supposed to happen). I closed the window since I wasn't interested in changing my name/pass, and the game launched. It played single player fine. When I tried to play multiplayer:
"Failed to initialize."

Quit.
Ran AvPc2000 - Galaxy Client through the start menu.
Signed in.
It updated.
Clicked Play
Multiplayer worked

I'm guessing this problem started by using the auto-launch which started the game before the necessary update for galaxy to work. Even if it's fixed down the line, I'll personally avoid checking that box when I install a new game and just run the *game* - Galaxy Client exe. Trying to save 10 seconds is not a good reason to waste 2min.
I run my first multiplayer test today on my 8.1 Asus sonicmaster (i3, 8g ram) laptop with wireless network... the game fired up without issue and was fast enough to let me kill the alien matched against me... only once but I'm still a nubb.

Was much better than I would have expected for a laptop on wireless... very playable.
Right now nothing happens when I use the launcher. The play button greys out after I press it but then nothing. Launching the game manually works, but obviously, multiplayer does not.
The launcher's "Send multiplayer and launcher feedback" link under the More button, does not work. All it does is bring up the GOG support icon (similar to what's found under Start > Programs > GOG.com > Game Name > Documents for other GOG games). Just a bug I wanted to point out.
tailsy64: The launcher's "Send multiplayer and launcher feedback" link under the More button, does not work. All it does is bring up the GOG support icon (similar to what's found under Start > Programs > GOG.com > Game Name > Documents for other GOG games). Just a bug I wanted to point out.
Also encountered on my install. Along with the previously noted annoyance of the update dropping an icon on the desktop.

Personally, I'd also like the option to choose when (if at all) to install updates. Appreciate that defeats the point of the beta test though.
pds41: Also encountered on my install. Along with the previously noted annoyance of the update dropping an icon on the desktop.

Personally, I'd also like the option to choose when (if at all) to install updates. Appreciate that defeats the point of the beta test though.
Yeah, that would be nice. I was guessing it's only forced at the moment to give everyone testing update to improve it.

I really hope this is just something to test the servers and the actual client will have more features. I keep in mind the announcement video, it's an "optional" client, they won't force you to have updates and achievements if they live up to that.

Also Cross-Play, being someone who owns the Steam copy, I wonder if they can play with GOG players. I'm guessing the beta is limited to GOG to help improve things on their end.
olafurw: Removed everything I saw, reinstalled the game. Client still does not run. Nothing happens when I run it.

Tpiom: Do you mean galaxyclient.exe?

If so, you are supposed to something called "Alien vs Predator Classic 2000 - Galaxy Client"
It runs both the game and the client :)
There are two executables/shortcuts in my AVP directory. AvP_Classic.exe and Launch Aliens vs Predator Classic 2000 (Shortcut), both run the game directly. No Galaxy client runs. There is event a Galaxy.dll in the directory so I should have the correct version.
olafurw: There are two executables/shortcuts in my AVP directory. AvP_Classic.exe and Launch Aliens vs Predator Classic 2000 (Shortcut), both run the game directly. No Galaxy client runs. There is event a Galaxy.dll in the directory so I should have the correct version.
After running the installer I had an icon appear on my desktop called Aliens versus Predator Classic 2000 (red icon). The target line for that is: "C:\Program Files (x86)\GalaxyClient\GalaxyClient.exe" /gameId=1207665883 /command=launch /path="C:\GOG Games\AvP Classic"

By contrast, the target line for Launch Aliens vs Predator Classic 2000 reads: "C:\GOG Games\AvP Classic\AvP_Classic.exe"

I don't know if starting up the game from the desktop launcher starts up the Galaxy Client, but I do know that it checks for updates and replaces any modified files. Sounds like a client launcher to me.
Post edited October 19, 2014 by Olde72